[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mike Love did literally nothing wrong. He was a smart business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_9686.png (470KB, 449x568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9686.png
470KB, 449x568px
Mike Love did literally nothing wrong. He was a smart business man and Brian was fucking the band up.

People blame him for SMiLE not coming out. It wasn't him. The record company didn't accept the album and Brian's mental state was fucked. I can't believe people side with Brian "The fat retareded mess" Wilson over Mike "The "villain" who did nothing wrong" Love.
>>
bit early to be shitposting this hard?
>>
We're talking about a pop boy band from the 60s who are famous for singing that wouldn't it be nice song, right?
>>
>>68273922
We are

Also, the new film made Mike look like a villain. He should sue Wilson for slander.
>>
File: IMG_20161006_060158.jpg (4KB, 126x123px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161006_060158.jpg
4KB, 126x123px
>>68273886

>"Formula Fucker Brian, that's what they're calling you. You know what? Maybe they're right. Brian, look at me when I'm talking to you. Brian. I'm the captain now."
>>
File: 4891889548.jpg (49KB, 395x400px) Image search: [Google]
4891889548.jpg
49KB, 395x400px
>fucks with the formula once
>>
File: Spoonfeeding.jpg (6KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
Spoonfeeding.jpg
6KB, 278x181px
I've listened to a few beach boys albums, but I'm still pretty in the dark about the whole Mike vs Brian thing that keeps popping up on the board.

What did Mike do that was apparently really shitty?
>>
>>68274224
guugle
>>
>>68274224
Mike Love fucced up
>>
>>68274224
He essentially tried to force Brian out of the band multiple times and is an asshole in general.
>>
People like to ignore the fact that Mikes great business attitude was the reason the Beach Boys got so famous in the first place. Brian wouldn't have been able to make his snowflake masterpieces without blowing millions of the dollars Brian helped make and then people still have the nerve to get mad at Mike for just suggesting to stick to the patterns that helped them succeed.
>>
File: Mike-Love.jpg (40KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
Mike-Love.jpg
40KB, 500x389px
DON'T
>>
FUCK
>>
Summer In Paradise
>>
>>68274450
>The albums third track finally gets into some new and original material with the quasi-rap number “Summer of Love”, originally intended to be a duet between Mike Love and Bart Simpson for a planned Simpsons movie. John Tobler, author of The Complete Guide to the Music of The Beach Boys called “Summer of Love” quite possibly the worst set of lyrics Mike Love has ever concocted.
>>
>>68274359
Look at this motherfucker weighing profit over talent. Truly a disease worthy of eradication.
>>
>>68273886
the nazis did literally nothing wrong, they were smart businessmen and liberals were fucking the country up.
fuck off trumpboy.
>>
And once again jealousy rears it's ugly head.
Face it Mike. Good Vibrations was/is a good song but Brian and Van Dyke Park were more in tune with the times than you could ever hope to be. O.K.? Not O.K.? Too fucking bad! You only WISH you could write a song as awesome as Cabin Essence but you wanted to be stuck in the same groove er ah I mean rut that made The Beach Boys lose their popularity as time went on. No wonder Jimi Hendrix referred to The Beach Boys as "Surfing Doris Days". That's YOUR fault! All because you didn't want Brian to "Fuck w/the formula" which translates into staying stuck in the past and never progressing!

FUCK YOU MIKE LOVE! NOW FUCKING GO TO BED ALREADY!
>>
Te.mayo hijdrputa
>>
File: 1472250732686.jpg (127KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1472250732686.jpg
127KB, 600x750px
Childhood is when you idolize Brian Wilson.

Adulthood is when you realize that Mike Love makes more sense.
>>
>>68276769
nightynight mike
>>
>>68276769
not having a shit music taste is when you realize the beach boys were actually quite shit
>>
>>68274473
Wilsons vision was only possible because they had money
>>
File: love.png (126KB, 311x366px) Image search: [Google]
love.png
126KB, 311x366px
Pitchfork just reviewed Mike's autobiography and shit all over it and reasserted that he's an awful person.

If the ultimate hipster contrarian "Bee Gees 10.0 Best New Reissue oh you didn't know? Disco isn't dead but in fact id the greatest and most political music of the 20th century" shit hole like P4K hasn't flipped on Mike Love the flip is never happening.
>>
>>68276841

Literally every vision is only possible because they had money.
>>
File: r926916_9677185.jpg (19KB, 340x227px) Image search: [Google]
r926916_9677185.jpg
19KB, 340x227px
Its been a while since Ive read or watched his stuff but didn't Zizek talk about how people overblow things when a tragedy happens (such as smile not being release) and fixate onto some big reason onto why it didn't happen the way it should have (Mike Love ruining everything)
>>
File: jqRtL6S.jpg (120KB, 890x913px) Image search: [Google]
jqRtL6S.jpg
120KB, 890x913px
Mike's treatment of Dennis was worse then of the golden goose that was Brian wilson.

Mike wrote and co-wrote some great songs but he is a complete fucking weirdo, just watch any footage of him ever.

he like's to think its still 1958 and people want to hear fun songs about surfin and hot rod racin.
>>
>>68274359
It Murry's business attitude that brought the band success, not Mike's
>>
File: the Beach Boys are avenged.jpg (394KB, 1505x1001px) Image search: [Google]
the Beach Boys are avenged.jpg
394KB, 1505x1001px
Is there anything Brian can't do?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.