[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Varg is on a roll these days. https://www.youtube.com/watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: 4567356734563.png (916KB, 1323x660px) Image search: [Google]
4567356734563.png
916KB, 1323x660px
Varg is on a roll these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evuBrBTl_j0
>>
>>68265104
i liked the bit where he says that no one who was actually in the scene thought the scene was anything but garbage
>>
>>68265142
hes right you know

same thing with Seattle scene, everyone from that era that actually makes music hates it
>>
>>68265104
Is this another video where everyone was wrong except for him?
>>
>>68265104
it's funny how varg talks about Burzum being anti-black metal and people herald burzum as their favorite black metal band. his favorite band growing up was iron maiden. i'm not sure anything he says has any meaning.
>>
>>68265142
The entire scene was populated by edgy tryhards. Their whole shtick was acting superior and pretentious. Of course they all shat on it. They pretty much shit on everything.
>>
>>68265258
when you're so edgy that you even talk shit about your own music. it's black metal in a nutshell.
>>
>>68265194
Yes.
>>
>>68265104
The one where he btfo Frost is also based as fuck
>>
>>68265104
I love Uncle Varg
>>
i think he sounds a lot more level-headed in this one than he usually does. less dismissive of other bm bands. especially the ones improving on his sound.
>>
does anyone else think all those videos about black metal are leading up to something? maybe he'll make some good black metal again desu
>>
>>68265370
i doubt it. all he seems to care about these days is his board game and youtube. the only thing he'd release at this point is more traditional viking hymn shit like he already did. not saying i hate it, but it's not burzum.
>>
>>68265370
nope just needs money to feed his family
>>
>>68265370
keep dreaming anon. it's a beautiful dream. desu
>>
>>68265370
Probably not. Varg refuses to play any kind of metal/rock because it's rooted in African-American musical traditions.
>>
what the fuck
Varg seems to have mellowed out a lot recently. I'm glad.
>>
>>68265470
(not true by the way)
>>
>That '''''''''''''''subtle''''''''''''''' plug of MYFAROG at the end.
>>
Has anyone played his game? Is it any good?
>>
File: 1475637865236.jpg (75KB, 1280x726px) Image search: [Google]
1475637865236.jpg
75KB, 1280x726px
>>68265487
not really
>>
>>68265550
haha, that's our Varg!
>>
>>68265470
>metal/rock because it's rooted in African-American musical traditions.
wat
>>
>>68265487
>implying psychos can mellow out
Wew lad..
>>
>>68265591
Rock began with blues, the correct thing to say would be that Rock is a combination of European and African musical traditions.
>>
I haven't listened to metal since I was a teen. Is the community still being an excepting group of people a dead meme yet or do people say fuck Nazi metal?
>>
>>68265591
He thinks the 12 bar blues just magically evolved into every type of music through black people magic.
>>
Maybe it's just a fluke. But he does seem a lot less ""Vargy"" in this specific video.
>>
>>68265629
There is nothing bluesy about BM though.
The African American influence has been almost completely abandoned in rock music since the sixties (except for the so called "dad rock revivalists")
>>
>>68265370
I doubt it, he's said he's finished with metal and wrote a "final" BM song as a sendoff for "that" Burzum.
>>
>>68265674
Most modern music still utilises african polyrthymns.
>>
>>68265504
http://www.burzum.com/burzum/library/interviews/varg/

Fifth question
>>
>>68265370
Well he's still friends with the guys from Darkthrone and they're releasing an a record that's a return to black metal so who knows.
>>
>>68265791
I know that it his opinion, I'm saying it's wrong and Black Metal isn't "nigger music".
>>
>>68265791
He literally plays "metal" in some of his videos.
>>
>>68265786
I wouldn't say "most". Not even close.
>>
>>68265854
>Black Metal
>"nigger music"
wew lads
>>
>>68265854
Because old Burzum is a "gateway to heaven". He thinks it can lure people into listening to pure Aryan music.
>>
File: 1474998633691.png (93KB, 768x962px) Image search: [Google]
1474998633691.png
93KB, 768x962px
>>68265833
who else is/was he friends with in the scene? i know he speaks favorably of fenriz, and he complemented hellhammer's playing but i don't know if he likes him on a personal level or not on account of being half algerian or turk or whatever.
>>
>>68265979
Meant for>>68265900

My b
>>
>>68265142
I'm just posting ITT to see if I'm banned
>>
>>68265988
He's said he's still in contact with Darkthrone, Mayhem, and the drummer from Uruk-Hai.
>>
>>68265988
Fenriz said in an interview that they're in contact and that they're friends. He also mentioned that he digs the Belus album. This was a few years ago but I doubt his opinion of Varg has changed.
>>
>>68265988
He was friends with Immortal, he was in a band with them, even though he said they're goofy. Darkthrone and Mayhem of course for a time. Maybe Emperor.
I don't think he's spoken to anyone in the scene since before going to prison.

I think the way to tell if a band were OG Norwegian BM in the inner circle was if they started their career making Death metal.
>>
varg is so funny
>>
>>68265791
thats hilarious because in one of his recent videos, he linked to boney m in the comments and said it was cool.
>>
File: Dean-Blunt.jpg (40KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
Dean-Blunt.jpg
40KB, 370x370px
>tfw Varg records videos like this in his van less than 300 miles away from me
>>
Also he lives in France and talks about how we should respect our cultures and stuff, but he still manages to misspell Jean-Michel Jarre lmao
>>
Otherwise, excepted his sort of justification of his murder of Euronymous (which might have been the asshole he depicts all the time, and I'm ready to believe him, but we will never know), he gave a pretty good message to the black metal kids, so it's a mostly nice video.
>>
Sunbather still sucks tho right?
>>
>>68265104
My older brother was into sp00ky music like Cannibal Corpse and Slipknot before they went mainstream and also Burzum. He had edgy things all over his room like upside down crucifixes and the one light in his room was a red light and my mom thought he was a Satanist so she tried to exorcise him. I thought it was the scariest thing ever and slept with my bedroom door locked cause I thought he'd kill us all in our sleep.

Here we are now like 20 years later and varg is an old man making bad youtube car vlogs with Windows Movie Maker like some sort of alt-universe Eggman or one of those guys that reviews fast food. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>68265674
The frantic drumming is derived from African traditional music.
The closest thing to this that you can find to this in European music is maybe the Boléro of Ravel, and maybe a few things there and there in some traditional kinds of music, but European stuff has always been more about melodies than rhythms and percussions.
>>
Why are his videos always in his truck? How come he doesn't set anything up in his house?

Does his wife kick him out every now and then and won't allow him to make vlogs indoors?

Is Varg a cuck?
>>
>>68265791
>burzum.com
>thinking any of that shit is actually true
His real website is burzum.org and he has all his real interviews there
>>
>>68265104
damn i always figured he hated anyone who tried to cop his sound. as someone who makes one man black metal that's heavily inspired by burzum, it's nice to hear that he welcomes that.
>>
>>68267622
he loves nature and the outdoors
>>
>>68265104
lol varg needs to let this shit go but then again this is all he has right
>>
>>68269287
Then why is he sitting inside his truck 99% of the time?
>>
>>68269322
he loves his truck too. he's made like ten videos specifically about it haha
>>
>>68267622
>>Is Varg a cuck?
He took his wife's last name so maybe
>>
>>68267174
>my mom thought he was a Satanist so she tried to exorcise him
>I thought it was the scariest thing ever and slept with my bedroom door locked cause I thought he'd kill us all in our sleep.
Wow, too bad your brother had to grow up with a family that sucks.
>>
>>68266050
are you banned?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.