[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

According to science, 14 years old is the specific age at wh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

According to science, 14 years old is the specific age at which you start to discover/form your musical preferences.

What were you listening to at 14 years old?

Do you still listen to those bands or genres?

What were you listening to before 14?

https://mic.com/articles/96266/there-s-a-magic-age-when-you-find-your-musical-taste-according-to-science#.RobhHDzV4

Personally I was getting into metal and punk, mostly through pop-punk and nu-metal.

And no, thankfully I don't listen to those genres anymore. I listened exclusively to metal and punk for nearly a decade so I had more than enough of those two genres. I wouldn't branch out to unrelated genres until my early 20s.

When I was a kid I would just listen to whatever was on the radio, I preferred alternative rock over anything else. My first casette tapes were Green Day's Dookie and Weezer's pinkerton.
>>
>>68264978
Pop punk is good though
>>
Protip: if you want people to respond to your thread make it short

the first two sentences would have been fine
>>
At 14 I was into classic rock and progressive rock for the most part. But it was also around the time I discovered krautrock, ambient and IDM
>>
>>68265009
Probably not the pop-punk I was into at the time, but too much of a good thing ends up being bad.
>>
I was listening to shit like Pogo. Still an amazing artist from an aesthetic point of view, but his songwriting has gotten gimmicky.
>>
>>68265075
Fair enough

I evolved into post punk, noise rock etc but I still listen to an awful amount of pop punk bands lel
>>
Rap. Eminem and the rest of his camp, D12, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, Obie Trice, The Game. From there to other rap. To older rap.
Then came GTA soundtracks which was my entry into a bunch of genres.
>>
I was mostly listening to msi
>>
>>68265054
Yep, this just about hits the nail on the head for me, too. It's actually a bit startling just how accurate it is to my experiences
>>
idk i listened to tool when i was 14, i still fuck the drums to them sometimes.
before that i mostly listened to screamo b/c it's what my friends were in to, got in to tool kinda b/c a chick, guitar hero, and Stockholm.
>>
>>68265133
God damn I remember that meme music from like 2006.

Are they still around?
>>
>>68264978
I was a pretty big rap fan when I was 14. Eminem, Luda, DMX, early Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Outkast, some Nas, Dre, Binary Star, Tribe, Portishead, etc

Then the Killers came on to the scene and I got really in to them and Interpol. From there I was more in to post-punk and new wave while still remaining a pretty decent rap fan. I did have a period where I was into Postal Service/Death Cab but never really liked them as much.
>>
>>68265089
Like what, in the style of like Simple Plan and Green Day, or like The Queers and The Descendents?
>>
>>68264978
started listening to horror punk at that age, made me appreciate the internet as a resource for digging up underground bands and downloading music, pretty much laid the foundation for the magical hipster I am today.
>>
File: William-Bennett-600x401.jpg (28KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
William-Bennett-600x401.jpg
28KB, 600x401px
That's around the time i started listening to Merzbow and Whitehouse.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.