[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best Pink Floyd album because it's the only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Pink_Floyd-Animals-Frontal.jpg (18KB, 316x315px) Image search: [Google]
Pink_Floyd-Animals-Frontal.jpg
18KB, 316x315px
This is the best Pink Floyd album because it's the only one that hasn't had a better version made by another band. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>68264892
Whaaaaa?
>>
oink oink
>>
This is the most contrived bait that I have seen in a while
>>
I kind of agree, but want to talk about Floyd shit.

Meddle is pretty great - *Echoes* has to be one of the greatest prog-track ever and I think the best individual track Floyd ever did and *One of These Days* is also incredibly sweet. Also *Atom Heart Mother* is incredible and gives Echoes a good challenge for best Floyd album-side.

Dark Side of the Moon has the best overall pacing between the tracks and also most effort put into having the album flow together, but it's just pretty lackluster overall compared to other great Floyd-albums.

Animals is kind of in between - it's a great whole and in many ways better than DSotM, but I just enjoy the best parts of *Meddle* and *Atom Heart Mother* more so I like to promote them.
>>
>>68264892
ok, name me the better versions of :
piper at the gates of dawn
saucerful of secrets
more
ummagumma
meddle
obscured by clouds
dark side
wish you were here
the wall
final cut
>>
>>68265094
and atom heart mother whoops
>>
>>68264892
Les claypool did it live with the frog brigade. It was really good but I still prefer Floyds album.
>>
OFFICIAL PINK FLOYD POWER RANKINGS: MICKEY'S EDITION

>NECTAR OF THE GODS TIER
-Saucerful of Secrets
-Ummagumma
-Piper at the Gates of Dawn

>CONNOISSEUR TIER
-Relics

>ÜBERMENSCH TIER
-Meddle
-Atom Heart Mother
-Wish You Were Here

>BOURGEOIS TIER
-Animals
-Dark Side of the Moon
-The Wall

>UNTERMENSCH TIER
- The Division Bell
- Obscured by Clouds
- More
- Momentary Lapse of Reason

>FILTHY BOOTLEGGER TIER
-All bootlegs

>ROGER WATERS IS A HACK TIER:
-The Final Cut
>>
>>68265822
wrongwrongwrong

>nectar
live at pompeii
animals

>connoisseur
ummagumma
meddle
wywh
atom heart mother

>ubermensch
dark side
piper
saucerful
final cut (srs)

>bourgeois
the wall
obscured by clouds
more

>untermensch
endless river
amlor
division bell
>>
>>68265822
I like the cut of your jib - there's just no way those tier names agree to reality

Your higher tiers do have the best moments, but the bourgie tier are all tremendously consistent and relatively better albums for that

I'd say your rating is on the money if a someone who is looking to make great new music asks for where to get inspirations. Then you're pretty much perfect.
>>
File: heterosporous octachord.jpg (44KB, 468x363px) Image search: [Google]
heterosporous octachord.jpg
44KB, 468x363px
>>68265918
>ubermensch
>dark side
>final cut

>>68265963
>the bourgie tier are all tremendously consistent
I've yet to meet even a Floyd fan who considers The Wall consistent.

>I'd say your rating is on the money if a someone who is looking to make great new music asks for where to get inspirations.
I'm somewhat okay with this.
>>
File: cover_29441717102008.jpg (146KB, 947x935px) Image search: [Google]
cover_29441717102008.jpg
146KB, 947x935px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2c2gdUYFNM
>>
>>68266020
hmh. I think The Wall is actually pretty consistent, unless you rate your favorite tracks very highly.

Like I think tracks like Comfortably Numb or Another Brick in the Wall are a lot below gems like Let There Be More Light, Echoes, Corporal Clegg, Atom Heart Mother Suite or such.

The Wall is fairly dull because it's highest points are not very exciting - Another Brick in the Wall has some anthemic strength to the theme and lyrics, but boy is it dull music otherwise.
>>
Meddle > Saucerful > Piper > Atom Heart Mother > Animals > Dark Side of the Moon > Wish You Were Here > Ummagumma > The Division Bell > The Wall > Momentary Lapse of Reason > Final Cut > Endless River
>>
>>68265051
>Also *Atom Heart Mother* is incredible and gives Echoes a good challenge for best Floyd album-side

I agree with you, but bands always say shit like this:

>For instance, Gilmour has said the album was "a load of rubbish. We were at a real down point ... I think we were scraping the barrel a bit at that period" and "a good idea but it was dreadful... Atom Heart Mother sounds like we didn't have any idea between us, but we became much more prolific after it."
>Similarly, in a 1984 interview on BBC Radio 1, Waters said "If somebody said to me now – right – here's a million pounds, go out and play Atom Heart Mother, I'd say you must be fucking joking."
>>
>>68266020
dark side is good stupid contrarian
it's their most cohesive work

and final cut is a personal favorite, it's the most emotional music they ever made
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.