[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most avant-garde experimental genres/musicians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1470698565539.gif (50KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470698565539.gif
50KB, 800x800px
What's the most avant-garde experimental genres/musicians right now?
>>
†FAHILPSKAḶ[..]ṢÞ[.]WS[..]
>>
Grimes
>>
Tlaotlon
d/p/i
Brood Ma (new album was shit tho)
>>
Ariel Pink and John Maus are pretty topical at the moment. It depends what you mean by experimental. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has pushed loads of boundaries, for example, and Death Grips are entirely avant-garde and experimental and will probably be the most notable musical act of this era.
>>
Ariel Pink and John Maus are pretty topical at the moment. It depends what you mean by experimental. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has pushed loads of boundaries, for example, and Death Grips are entirely avant-garde and experimental and will probably be the most notable musical act of this era.
>>
>What's the most avant-garde experimental genres/musicians right now?

>Who are* the most avant-garde experimental genres/musicians right now?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmPGguKbixY
>>
Soilwork and anything featuring Bjorn "Speed" Strid
>>
Twenty one pilots
>>
Merzbow
>>
The weird frontier
>>
>>68261435
I mean experimental like how throbbing gristle were experimental in the 80s and how john cage was experimental in the 50s. Death Grips is a good example yes, they are indeed pretty experimental.
>>
>>68261508
Noise is something that was made in the 80s, not exactly new
>>
U.X.O. Gr7-z/k0 Julious UH?!! !! -.-...-[{[{[))
>>
>>68261515
Somehow I didn't get a (you) from that.
Erm, good, a lot of people use experimental wrong so I was just checking.

Melt-Banana, I guess.
BABYMETAL, they've got cultural implications as well and are a big talking point (and not entirely bad musically, either). Japan in general is in a strange place culturally so there's probably a hotbed of experimental shit rising up there right now.

The Blackgaze stuff is technically still very new, I suppose. Somehow I'm drawing a blank though. Tobacco, maybe, as well - to some degree, at least.
>>
There isn't anything interesting being made currently.
>>
>>68261680
Japan has little to no talent
All Japan has ever done was copy what the US and Europe was doing
>>
>>68261868
t. ebin troll
>>
>>68261680
>Melt-Banana, I guess.
been around since the 80s
>Blackgaze
been around for at least ten years

i guess you could make a case for Babymetal subverting the obsession with authenticity found in the metal fandom
>>
>error: you must wait 1 second before posting a reply
>>
>>
Me
>>
>>68261985
>been around since the 80s
Yeah, but they're still around now

>been around for at least ten years
So what, that's still very new and there's certainly a lot of experimentation going on there.

Wolves in the Throne Room were doing some cool stuff last time I checked up on them, too.
>>
>>68261549
Try the 1910's
>>
>>68262329
>Yeah, but they're still around now
yeah thats what i said

show me experimentation in blackgaze from this or last year because the genre seems stale as fuck to me
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.