[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy hell this album had so many beautiful songs for a Chilli

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: btw.jpg (260KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
btw.jpg
260KB, 500x500px
Holy hell this album had so many beautiful songs for a Chilli Peppers record

If you skip the singles (By The Way and Can't Stop) its one hell of a solid record
>>
definitely one of their better albums
>>
Personal favorite even though older folks aren't as fond.

It's always funny when people try to say they lost their Angelino sound... as a 4th generation Kid from LA let me tell you nothing resonates more with the vibe of the city than by the way... everything else is all Hollyweird hope shit
>>
>>68247662
It's because John Frusciante almost had complete creative control of the music on this record. Flea was secretly pissed, and almost left due to having very little input on By the Way.
>>
>>68249781
what's Hollyweird hope shit?
>>
I only skip This is The Place and Don't Forget Me. A few too many samey ballads but all in all it's the proof that The Chilis aren't all bad.
>>
>>68249896
Hollywood Hype shit*
>>
It's okay to like the singles.
>>
>>68250041
This too... you're fuckin dumb if you don't like can't stop
>>
>>68249836
source for that?
I always assumed that they got along great but apperently it wasnt always so
>>
Midnight and On Mercury are great songs
>>
It's an alright album for sure. Nothing particularly amazing though. Personally I liked this is the place and dosed.
>>
universally speaking used to be my fucking jam
>>
>>68250116
>>68249836
idk I've read conflicting things. I heard an interview where flea and john kind of addressed that issue. They talked about how it was a misconception and that Can't stop was John's idea and flea came up with the basic idea for universally speaking. Could just be saving face but idk
>>
>>68250001
Why would you skip arguably their best song in Don't Forget Me? I'm in shock anon.

>>68249836
I've heard this too. The more mature songwriting influence from John rubbed of well on Anthony I think.
>>
I like Cabron a lot, and By the Way is one of their most powerful songs in my opinion. A really kickass chorus and fun verses. Universally Speaking, Zephyr Song and Minor Thing are also winners.

I like this album
>>
>>68250130
Mah nigga

Minor thing also caught my attention first listen.
>>
>>68250063
source?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.