[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so is this actually decent? I've always been under the assumption

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Blackparadecover.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Blackparadecover.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
so is this actually decent? I've always been under the assumption that most of this genre of music has been shit meant for edgy teens but I just listened to pic related and I enjoyed a lot of it. Opinions?
>>
I really like all of their music, but I'm edgy and depressed so I'm not really the best authority on what's good
>>
My Chemical Romance's first three albums are great. The lyrical content isn't really as edgy as you would think it is.

The only reason the band has a poor name is because it became cool for people to hate on them
>>
>>68245416
Also I think danger days is way better if you're interested in my shitty opinions
>>
it's pretty good as far as emo goes
>>
/mu/ just loves to hate it

I once saw a thread where a guy got so triggered by someone liking this album that he made a thread to bash it and everyone that liked it
>>
>>68245469
it's because the emo culture latched onto them, and at the time the hatred for emos was at an all time high.
>>
>>68245534
Just like that copypasta on /tv/ when someone talks about Harry Potter
>>
WHEN I WAS
>>
>>68245551
at the time when they were popular and emo was at its highest the band tried so hard to disassociate themselves from the genre

"Basically, it's never been accurate to describe us. Emo bands were being booked while we were touring with Christian metal bands because no one would book us on tours. I think emo is fucking garbage, it's bullshit. I think there's bands that unfortunately we get lumped in with that are considered emo and by default that starts to make us emo. All I can say is anyone actually listening to the records put the records next to each other and listen to them and there's actually no similarities. I think emo's a pile of shit." - Gerard Way
>>
They get hate because they are pompous and theatrical as fuck. They're like post-hardcore Queen. Honestly, they were probably the more ambitious band from that scene they got lumped into. The costumes, the theatre, the aesthetic, the pretty well thought concept albums, etc. They also were all technically proficient and knew how to write some nice ass songs.
>>
>>68245043
MCR was a patrician rock group. They made great poprock and these albums still hold up. Its just cool to hate them now.
>>
i hate threads like this because now the edgy teens who are just old enough to post on this board and young enough to have nostalgia towards this band will defend it relentlessly despite it being complete and utter garbage
>>
I'd bet most folks who shit on them do it so based on their image and Gerard's whiny faggot voice. If they actually listened to some of their shit they'd find that the dudes got some chops. Helena is a classic btw
>>
Listen, I was a 16 year old proud edgy emo teen when all this stuff was coming out, and I absolutely still pull some of those old records out and still enjoy them

But Christ, I'll be the first to admit it's really not actually that good. MCR has their moments, I think Three Cheers holds up well (Black Parade feels a little too musical theatre-ish for me) but yeah, give it a listen if you feel compelled, but beyond the nostalgic guilty pleasure appeal I'm skeptical of what's left for you to find there
>>
Its shit.
>>
>>68248318
I never liked emo shit in my teens, so nostalgia isn't a factor for me. Heard they were releasing some new soon and found Gerard's solo album decent so I figured why not and checked some of their stuff. I was surprised. Its just solid songwriting with nice playing. The lyrics aren't even bad if you put them in the context they belong in (Gerard's comic book stories or something iirc).
>>
I bought preordered the special edition of this album when it came out
wasnt even into scene shit
I thought it was good at the time

I listened to it recently again and its ok but my tastes have changed
I remember going into the relisten thinking maybe I'll rediscover a classic album but I left it with meh, its ok
>>
It became cool to hate My Chemical Romance, and that never really wore off.

I think they're pretty good t b h
>>
File: 1461551455644.gif (481KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1461551455644.gif
481KB, 225x225px
>I don't love you
>Cancer
>Disenchanted
>Famous last words
Best songs.

But I really enjoy the album, the concept around it is fairly neat, the execution could've been better, and there could've been less forced radio hits but other than that solid 7/10
>>
>>68245469
>>68248016
facts
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.