[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand /mu/ I've read so many reviews

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: elvis.jpg (141KB, 1401x788px) Image search: [Google]
elvis.jpg
141KB, 1401x788px
I don't understand /mu/

I've read so many reviews that call Elvis Costello a "genius"

How is he a genius?

I've listened to 4-5 of his best albums, and I think is sounds pretty good. His voice is great, and " The Attractions" are always on point musically. They're pretty flawless. His lyrics are decently creative, but not phenomenal.

But genius??

It sounds like alt pop to me,
>>
He's a genius in the same sense that Paul McCartney is, in that he has a real knack for pop songs.
>>
>>68244399

>his voice is great

I think it's terrible. His songwriting is what is good. Craftsmanship
>>
>>68244450
because one sounds good, does not make them a genius.....Paul can write with the best of them....but his work is not genius....to me I guess I should add.

Don't get me wrong, he's one of the best ever though.
>>
I like his attitude

This Year's Model is the definitive bitter virgin album.
>>
good discussion, great to see this board hasn't gone to absolute shit.

Oh wait.
>>
>>68244399
I honestly have no idea why people like him so much. He reminds me of some sort of less talented, musical version of Woody Allen.
>>
Costello is pretty overrated, he's good but he isn't on the same level as Talking Heads, Devo, XTC, etc.

Armed Forces>This Year's Model>My Aim is True btw
>>
"Music critics like Elvis Costello because they all look just like him."

-- David Lee Roth
>>
>>68245408
That's actually 100% true.
>>
>>68245408
lmao
>>
>>68245408
>>68245433

I mean, he has talent.
>>
>>68245373
what on earth does he have to do with talking heads and devo? they're worlds apart

costello's a genius, and peak attractions was one of the tightest backing groups ever; their evolution across the my aim is true tour through imperial bedroom is astounding, as is costello's increasingly sophisticated songwriting chops and grasp of the pop format

great lyrics, great music, can't see the problem honestly. i'd sooner say he's rather underrated these days
>>
>>68245408
I thought that was Gene Simmons. Oh well. They're both kikes.
>>
The first four studio albums and the singles compilation Taking Liberties are all you need unless you can find a live bootleg recording called Armed and Dangerous. U.S. and British versions of This Year's Model are slightly different and both are worth having in one's collection.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.