[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who was the last non-industry plant to make it? >hard mode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1068004.jpg (220KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1068004.jpg
220KB, 1200x800px
who was the last non-industry plant to make it?

>hard mode
>no rappers

pic related, it's been since 2012
>>
what do u mean industry plant

like someone who is m8s with jewish elders
>>
marc demerco
>>
File: 1474106670336.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1474106670336.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
>>68243913
came to this thread to say this

But this is actually kind of hard OP, you have a good point
>>
>>68243888
no industry connections or attempt to 'get famous'

>>68243913
mac dememeco signed to Unfamiliar Records and toured with Vancouver band Japandroids in 2009
>>
meme deltaco
>>
>>68243732
He HAS to come from rich parents
>>
File: image.png (344KB, 496x617px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
344KB, 496x617px
2012 is right
>>
>>68243732
kevin parker
>>
Bones
Lil B
Yung Lean

These guys never signed to a label yet everyone knows about them and they've made a lot of money. I know they're rappers but I can't think of anyone else who fits this criteria (rock is pretty much dead rn m8)
>>
>>68244041
you realize touring with another band does not mean one is "connected", right

that said, Mac "made it" because Mike Sniper sucks p4k's dingaling and from like 2011-14 was CT was their "trendy" label
>>
Rappers is easy mode. Pretty much every rapper that gets any buzz is an industry plant. If you want hard mode, go with shitty EDM producers. Literally every single one of them is just some rando who made a song in FL studio that became a hit and then became huge stars. No industry connections, just got big through soundcloud n shit
>>
>>68244170
also, to contribute

Thee Oh Sees became sustainable/"made it" by touring p much constantly and little else, their music has been released primarily on either tiny bedroom labels or Dwyer's own label

oh yeah and releasing music on a diy label is also not a "connection"; OP has a very poor understanding of how diy music works
>>
>>68244067
working class parents and he was studying to be a primary school teacher at some no name UK uni before dummy found his tracks on youtube

>>68244108
yeah i'm sure mac's appearance on japandroids' tour was just coincidence :^)

>>68244186
really it seems to be that labels use ghost producers for every EDM song nowadays trying to recapture Martin Garrix's rise while pretending these millennials who don't understand music theory write their own pop songs

I guess Martin Garrix would qualify for OP but he signed to Spinnin' Records before he was popular

>>68244253
being this niave

they literally have publicists a block from the p4k offices in wicker park or in nyc

lol
>>
>>68244538

...wait so hiring a publicist makes you an industry plant?

It sounds to me that you have a really unrealistic view of how artists get popular.
>>
>>68244538
in 2009 when MVT toured with them, Japandroids were nobodies playing to largely empty or half-sold venues. I toured with a much larger local band last summer; I'm not a plant, I just know who will actually draw on tour and know the bands in my area.

Hiring a publicist/manager/etc after the fact is not being a "plant", it's paying other people to manage the logistics once they become too much for you to do whike maintaining a touring schedule. The location near pitchfork is meaningless; every agent and agency worth hiring for a band that actually needs them will be located in a big city. Up until 2 years ago, John Dwyer lived in squats, warehouses, and punk houses with other musicians. Hell, he may well still live in a punk house in LA. An "industry plant" isn't "anyone who makes it", it's someone whose success is planned and handed to them by a major label or powerful entity.

you are a fucking idiot
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.