[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that Centipede Hz is a complete masterpiece in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: centipedehz.jpg (20KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
centipedehz.jpg
20KB, 225x225px
Daily reminder that Centipede Hz is a complete masterpiece in songwriting and musical aesthetics

>inb4 >animal collective >good
>inb4 muh early animal collective
>inb4 muh burrito

Get taste

Have a great day :)
>>
>>68241169
strawberry jam is better
>>
>>68241169
I hate the fact that you keep forcing me to make this point. Centipede Hz is too disjointed to be a good album. It's never present with what it's actually achieving on a musical level, it's always striving for something else, which results in it sounding awkward and forced. New Town Burnout would be the best example of this. The song evokes a sense of spinning around in circles, but instead of lending all they have to making that become the experience, it sounds like they're trying to make the song do something else. Instead of letting go and letting the song swirl around in mesmerizing circles, the song has a tension that feels out of place, like they're trying to break out of the circles and achieve something more 'important,' applying forced chord changes that disrupt the mood, whereas on previous Animal Collective, they would have focused all that wasted energy on lending to what the song actually does. They sound restless here, and not in a way that accentuates the album, it just diminishes it.

Centipede Hz is not a good album. This is basically as close as you can get to objective. They sound creatively strained and couldn't get the best out of these songs. All of Avey Tare's songs since have sounded overly energetic and tense, with no real surprises or any sense of tension and release, and a lot of Panda's work has been painfully "whatever." Still, Centipede Hz does seem to have more creative integrity than, say, Painting With. Maybe with Centipede Hz it was something like, if they can't fool themselves maybe they can fool the other people. That turned out not to be the case, what Centipede Hz lacked is pretty apparent audibly.
>>
angsty teenage le random reddit pandering - the album
>>
>>68241545
you forgot your meme arrows and you're meant to be writing in all caps, but pretty good shitposting
>>
>>68241561
truth hz, don't it?

Now go jerk over your shit album some more.
>>
Painting With is one of AnCo's best and Centipede Hz is one of their worst
>>
>>68241590
you forgot the part where you tell me to go back to /reddit/, come on man
>>
>>68241604
Cool, that opinions been stated too now. There are just so many potential opinions out there, huh?!
>>
>>68241626
already did. You literally post on here for confirmation about your shit taste. Stop being an insecure fag.

Oh wait, you just act like a typical AnCo fan. You'll grow up one day.
>>
>>68241545
Wow, apparently emotions are reddit now
>>
OP here; I haven't made a post in this thread since the original post.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.