[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been doing music forever, and I still am frustrated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: whatever.png (348KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
whatever.png
348KB, 1920x1080px
I've been doing music forever, and I still am frustrated with doing drum beats. Any musicians know of a good tips for doing up drum beats?

Seriously...
>>
>>68238294
Kick on the 1 and 3, snare on the 2 and 4. YOU'RE DONE!
>>
It's easy just put the kick where the it sounds good. The clap in 2 and 4. Hi hats on every beat depending on taste with litte triplet fills. 808 on some kicks. Money counter sound effect etx
>>
>>68238294
>having all your drums on one track
>vengance samples
nothing about this screenshot gives me hope.
>>
>she never cared for love
>>
>>68238294
Well how often to you practice your paradiddles?
>>
>>68238778
Each drum sample has it's own track in the drum machine. You can adjust volume and add effects discreetly as well.

but I get what you're saying, there's no way to apply reverb individually. Something I just ignored. I can separate them into different groups or even individually from there.

so wrong with Vengeance drums???
>>
>>68238814
>10-4-2016-001.FLP

the superior way to name tracks?
>>
Find drum beats you like and literally copy them. Eventually you'll figure out what it is that you like to hear, and how to make it yourself.
>>
>>68239114
well yea
>>
>>68239317
... I use hierarchy of folders and use to use random name generators for songs http://unique-names.com/random-word.php it wasn't terrible at first, but you don't give a shit about the songs as much. I find it more inspirational to come up with like 10-15 songs for an album and just try to name them something related. This was Goth Doll album, you find your inspiration where you want to.

SO ANYWAYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaaHQBMZGE8

found a guy who's making the beats just using the audio clips and I have to say that seems more interesting. The bigger issue I have, is I fucking miss FL studios drums compositing. I use to make beats using FL studio.

I use to make my own drum samples and everything, but since Ableton I've been frustrated more, and now with Bitwig even more, but Bitwig is the only platform that bridges 32 and 64 bit and still has a reasonable interface.

anyways it's been helpful.
>>
>>68239177

This is honestly the best advice
>>
>>68239177
>Find drum beats you like and literally copy them. Eventually you'll figure out what it is that you like to hear, and how to make it yourself.

this

pay particular attention to the mix and sound choice.
>>
get on a fucking drum set you shitbad
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.