[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bjork's voice is still an acquired taste (never acquired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: me, the musical genius.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
me, the musical genius.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>bjork's voice is still an acquired taste (never acquired by me).
>puts her at #9 in the "greatest 'rock' female singers of all times"

Is he retarded?
>>
File: tumblr_oa35sphRSU1tlovu3o1_500.jpg (95KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa35sphRSU1tlovu3o1_500.jpg
95KB, 500x333px
>goes on huge anti beatles rants
>ranks their songs in top 10 lists of multiple years
>>
>>68231153
He wanted the opportunity to make a "witty" remark and didn't let facts get in the way.
>>68231178
His beatles bio actually lists a bunch of their positive achievements. He isn't calling them terrible but just saying that historically they don't do anything to distinguish themselves from pop rock artists of their time nor do they exceed the harder stuff.

And Scaruffi's unranked "top 10" lists all include 30+ items for each year, no surprise he'd include some beatles songs.
>>
>>68231240
I know a fraction of the number of songs that Scarrufi knows and I doubt I would put any Beatles songs in a top 30 of any year. It's pretty surprising.
>>
>>68231153
>Is he retarded?
No, you are. He's trolling you.
>>
>>68231884
As far as songwriting they knew their shit, (off the top of my head If I Needed Someone in '65, Rain in '66, I Am the Walrus in '67.)

Although whether an individual song makes an album a musical masterpiece is another story. Scaruffi pretty much says it flat out when he says "A song remains a song just as toothpaste remains toothpaste."
>>
A lot of his stuff is written over periods of years. If you've changed your opinions over time then its easy to understand how his site can be conflicting
>>
>>68231153
That comment is in reference to her 2011 album. Crazy how context works, eh?

>>68231906
Why do people say this? If you dumbasses took the to read what he has to say you'll realize he's extremely consistent in how he rates albums and discusses music. I mean damn a lot of his 8s, 7s, etc. are albums /mu/ actively enjoys.
>>
>>68232528
Same with his 9s. Spiderland, Loveless, Blonde on Blonde, even the basicest of bitches gets a kick out of these albums.
>>
>>68232598
All shit.
>>
>This old article by Piero Scaruffi has won several international awards as the most professional analysis of the career of pop group the Beatles ever written.
>Mail him and ask what awards
>No response
I think he stopped responding after I called him out on not listening to Boris' 2011 albums yet rating them.
>>
>>68232598
I think people get the wrong impression because of TMR and, to lesser degree, Faust.
As you said, many of the albums he calls masterpieces are easy to enjoy.
He damn near worships Bruce Springsteen too
>>
File: PierpScaruffi.jpg (30KB, 548x308px) Image search: [Google]
PierpScaruffi.jpg
30KB, 548x308px
http://www.scaruffi.com/know/herstory.html

what did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.