[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nothing is original in music. Agree or disagree? Why do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: a3840232503_10.jpg (291KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3840232503_10.jpg
291KB, 1200x1200px
Nothing is original in music.

Agree or disagree? Why do you agree/disagree?
>>
>>68228937
Babies first realization. Nothing in general is original, even going as far as people's personas. So what?
>>
>>68228937
>>68229104
The next realization to be had, however, is that that statement is autistic as fuck.
>>
I disagree because a lot of music literally is original.

Original doesn't mean completely free of any and all influence from anywhere. Don't be retarded.
>>
It'd be interesting to see whether it's possible to create a piece of music that takes no inspiration from anything made before. Like to try and work from a perspective as if you'd never listened to music ever before. Probably wouldn't work and would be just pretentious bullshit but whatever
>>
>>68229231
Exactly.

Absolutely everything can be boiled down if you really want it to. Core concepts about love, heroism, tragedy, whatever. But why would you even want to do that? It's the personal elements that make things enjoyable.

Do people who make the argument that nothing is original seriously think they're making some profound statement that nobody has realized? No shit there are a lot of love songs. No shit there are a lot of songs about death.

It's the human elements of art that make us interested.
>>
>>68229104
Yeah I essentially agree with this.I think we trick ourselves into believing we are making these autonomous creative decisions, and forget that they are almost entirely a mysterious product of our interactions with others, our cultural conditioning, and other predispositions that are completely out of our control.
>>
"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

I disagree because this idea is as old as the bible but I'm pretty sure there's been some new stuff since then.
>>
agreed however would it be interesting to see a more primal interpretation of these emotions that completely disregards all MUSICAL influences
>>
>>68229260
The Books did it
>>
>>68229647
I'll have to check that out
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.