[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you interpret the story told in this album? I dont know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: d0b8b518.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
d0b8b518.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
How do you interpret the story told in this album? I dont know if it's a breakup album or a dying in the woods album.
>>
It's giraffe
>>
remenising on breakup, then dying in the woods haha
>>
File: 7uS95bT.gif (2MB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
7uS95bT.gif
2MB, 350x350px
>>68227962
Why not both? or possibly neither?
>>
>>68227962
>the thunder clouds broke up
Two angry lovers split up
>and the rain dried up, the lightning let up
All the tears and frustrations toward the relationship is over
>the clacking shutters just shut up
The bickering and arguing is over.
And then he goes on to talk about the bad feeling of electric heat and the sound of cars, the smell of bars, etc. he just wants to escape from all that. It's about a guy who went through a tough break up and wants to be away from the noise of everyday life so he goes out into the wilderness for peace and for reflection. At least that's how I interpret it.
>>
Its about leaving your current life in the city (I want wind to blow) Falling into a deep depression (the glow pt.2) and going back to a place where you used to live, possibly where phil was before a break up (The Moon). Then going deep into a cabin in the woods during the winter (The Mansion and I want to be Cold). And then in a moment of weakness (personified by a Bear in samurai sword) killing yourself and bleeding out alone in the forest
>>
>>68229895
why the fuck did he go out and fight a bear with a sword then

also
isn't my warm blood supposed to be interpreted as his heart beat just before he dies?
>>
>>68230117
>what are metaphors
I think the narrator eventually kills himself out in the wilderness like what >>68229986 said
>>
>>68227962
How do people see this as a dying in the woods album, when he says "my red blood is warm still" at the end? Also Mount Erie's a direct continuation that starts with the heart beat
>>
>>68229986
This is almost there but like >>68230158 says the narrator makes it out alive
>>
>>68229986
Lmao what a loser
>>
>>68230180
I always saw Mount Eerie as a out of body experience following his death, hence the song titles alluding to the Universe. With mount Eerie itself potentially being the place where he died, which would make sense as its where Phil elverum grew up as he talks about in The Moon
>>
>>68230372
But doesn't he die after he climbs to the top of Mount Eerie?
>>
>>68229895
>the thunder clouds broke up
While your assessment is actually correct and I agree its also a tiny reference to a band a friends band he used to play with called the thunder clouds!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.