[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you guys dislike/like this album? Personally I know it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: floyd_1370863399.jpg (199KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
floyd_1370863399.jpg
199KB, 1000x1000px
Why do you guys dislike/like this album?
Personally I know it's not a "Floyd" album because it's mostly Waters but "Gunner's Dream"
gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to it.
>>
>>68208283
Well the music is a bit bland, and the theme is presented in a very heavy-handed way, IMO. I think the album still shines at parts though, particularly Gunner's Dream and The Final Cut.
>>
>>68208314

Bland in what way though? I don't consider myself a Floyd fanatic by any means (Haven't listened to
all the albums in full and actually took time to understand each one) but for some reason I can't see whats so unlikeable about this album
Anti-War themed about Water's "father" fighting the war and being disappointed with life after.

To me personally it seems like a very personal album and whenever I listen to it's very enjoyable.
>>
>>68208283
Terribly boring. No emotion whatsoever. A momentary lapse of reason and the division bell are infinitely better. The final cut was just waters being dead weight before gilmore could lead the rest of the band onto new territory.
>>
>>68208283
I like it a lot and I think it's a nice follow up from The Wall but I understand why others might not, especially if they don't like Waters' solo stuff, it's quite overwrought at times.
>>
If this were released as a Roger Waters solo album it would be better received
>>
>Pink Floyd
>It's actually Roger Waters whispering and crying about the war for an hour

Abloo bloo bloo
>>
>>68208391
Compare it to The Wall for example. In TFC, the guitar never varies from basic repetitive notes, the vocals always carry similar emotions, the lyrics never stray from resigned rage and depression. I'm not saying any of those things are inherently bad, but there's no variation. The Wall has a lot more variation, which makes it more enjoyable to listen to the whole thing.
>>
>>68208796

No emotion? In my opinion a lot of songs on the album have a lot of emotion. The entirety of the album
is just one big emotional peace talking about his father who fought a war with no meaning to come
back home to a life that he thought would be different. JUST MY OPINION!

>>68208833

Okay you're right it's not "Pink Floyd" in the true sense, but take away the Floyd name from
the album and think of it instead as something Waters created and you have a truly beautiful album
>>
>>68208899

Compare it to the wall. I don't think you can; in my opinion each album is it's own, not to be compared
because they're all vastly different from each other.

I mean listening to the entire album in one sitting I can hear there's not much stray from the innate story but that doesn't make it bad imo
It's just makes it that, a full length album that tells 1 story instead of variations?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161003-000617.png (895KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161003-000617.png
895KB, 1440x2560px
>>68208899
I feel like the wall slumps in the middle too much. Half the time I get bored and don't make it through the album.
>all of pic related
>>
It's bland, but the closer is one of the most out-of-nowhere, almost comically disturbing songs I've ever heard on a rock album
>>
>>68208945
I make the comparison for the sake of differentiating how people treat both albums. And when I refer to variation, I am not referring to story, I mean that the music never varies from the reaction it's eliciting, whether because of the lyrics or the sound.

>>68208978
I love that part to be honest.
>>
>>68208978
Best part of the album.
>>
>>68208978
You're not wrong, but I don't think The Wall is an album you can fully listen to at any time. You gotta be n the right mood. I still think this part of the album is great, even If ITAOT? is a bit much. The entire final act from The Show Must Go On and onward is brilliant though
>>
>>68208796
Holy shit.
Hey. Life isn't for everyone, y'know.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.