[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal of this album? I didn't really like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: MyBloodyValentineLoveless.jpg (67KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MyBloodyValentineLoveless.jpg
67KB, 300x300px
What's the appeal of this album?

I didn't really like it the first time I gave it a listen some years ago, but after so much praise on /mu/ and seeing even fucking Scaruffi likes it I decided to try it again and I still don't get it.
>>
you ever taken acid or mushrooms?
>>
>>68182853
listen to it louder :v0
>>
>>68182887
and with speakers
(no, really)
>>
Sense of nostalgia, and layered music. It's a catchy sort of wall of sound

Took me a few listens before I saw how strong every single one of the songs were. When You Sleep -> Come in Alone is one of the best three track runs on an album I have ever heard
>>
>>68182853
You like it the more you have listened to it. That's why /mu/ has such a hard-on for it. If you listen to it a few more times, you may come to like it.
>>
It all about layered guitars and textures. It's like a mellow pop record but with a heavy wall of sound production. Give it a few more tries.
>>
>>68182853
I used to be in the same boat as you.

It took me like +10 listens and like 1 1/2 years before it clicked. But now its in my top ten.

Don't now what to tell you, just be patient I guess
>>
>>68182853
it's a melody driven rock music with a fiercely unique texture, not much to dislike
>>
Most of the album is pretty unlistenable for me op, there are a few that are good. I think the albums praise should go towards the bands it influenced afterwards who do it better in my opinion.
>>
>>68182853
Have you ever been in love? Soon somehow manages to make one of the most complex emotions a human can feel tangible and it's so utterly beautiful.
>>
>>68182853
you're a fucking pleb hahaha kill urself
>>
>>68183164
loveless isn't my favorite shoegaze album, but you have to admit that it's the epitome of the genre
>>
>>68182853
I've liked this one since the first listen but I get what you mean, some albums just don't catch on easily for some people
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.