[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any other songs with a similar feel to Don't Fear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (9KB, 176x176px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 176x176px
Are there any other songs with a similar feel to Don't Fear the Reaper by the Blue Oyester Cult? namely the sort of ethereal but distinctly fall sound; a song that is kind of a mix between spooky and psychedelic but also good. Another song that I can think of which is somewhat similiar is maggot brain by Funkadelic.

>inb4 dadrock
>inb4 memes.
>inb4 le cowbell
>>
File: BOC-secret treaties.jpg (57KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
BOC-secret treaties.jpg
57KB, 564x564px
Try more Blue Oyster Cult, particularly pic related and the preceding two albums.
>>
>>68175391
I tried their self titled because that cover looked so amazing but I ended up not liking it because it was just too cheesy. but ill defos check out secret treaties.
>>
>>68175354
>psychadellic
you realize Reaper came out in 1976 right?

try
California dreamin'
Blue Jay way
Test Tape No 3. by dream academy (80s but whatever)
>>
>>68175509
because it came out in '76 it can't be psychedelic...?
>>
>>68175509
Damn never heard california dreamin but this is exactly the sound I was looking for.
>>
>>68175606
glad to help bro
>>
>>68175354
Check out the album Fables of the Reconstruction by REM
>>
>>68176036
Dude you gotta hook me up with more of this shit. You have anything else at all? Loved Test tape no 3 even though it wasnt exactly the sound I was looking for it was still amazing. Blue Jay Way is my favourite song off MMT too (maybe strawberry fields)
>>
>>68175354
Camel - Lady Fantasy maybe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhWDbdS-vjg
>>
>>68176116
Im digging through my library to see. I dont have many "dreamy" songs that are also depressing/creepy . the 80s had quite a few "dreamsynth" songs which are ethereal but not depressing.

ill just list ones that match some of the qualities so far,

nights in white satin, moody blues (psychadelic pop)
royal scam (song) steely dan. has an uneasy feel to it (jazz funk)
Shrivel up and swelling itching brain, both by Devo. off key ominous (punk synth)
echos, pink floyd
>>
>>68175354
Maybe Driver's Seat by Sniff 'n' the Tears. It's another AOR type song with a similar chord progression
>>
File: 1451100509643.jpg (53KB, 350x339px) Image search: [Google]
1451100509643.jpg
53KB, 350x339px
>>68175509
>genres are restricted by time
>>
File: image.jpg (134KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 490x490px
definitely check this out. Takes alot from 60's psych pop a la Beatles / Beach Boys but combines that with dreamy sound collage and weird instruments.

Plus Jeff Mangum sings on one of the tracks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LqtAuaVppW4
>>
>>68176433
Im listening to Days of Future Passed by Moody Blues rn and its actually super dope. Is all of prog rock like this? Ive listened to prog before and it just seemed like fuzzy guitars and long solos. This, for some reason, reminds me of Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings.
>>68176477
The chord progression is almost identical. is their other work similiar to this?

>>68176574
Will do
>>
>>68176738
prog rock varies from stuff like Moody blues to stuff like pink floyd/Dark Side of the moon and even stuff like alan parsons project (check out I robot, both the song and album)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.