[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn to play this by myself. How hard is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: DV016_Jpg_Large_584343.jpg (36KB, 700x337px) Image search: [Google]
DV016_Jpg_Large_584343.jpg
36KB, 700x337px
I want to learn to play this by myself. How hard is it? Anyone tried it?
>>
File: johnpopperfat.jpg (13KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
johnpopperfat.jpg
13KB, 180x180px
It's pretty easy, the tricky part is learning to bend notes.

There are lots of youtube videos. If you already understand music you'll be able to pick up things easily, but you are kinda limited since they don't have all the notes

my protip: if you wanna sound bluesy you're gonna SUCK more than you BLOW.

protip 2: don't get a shitter harmonica and don't get a marine band (the wood will rip your mouth up) I recommend the Special 20 by hohner, it's what John Popper uses. only costs like 40-50 bucks
>>
>>68149019
I haven't had a problem with the marine band and I prefer the warm sound of wood over plastic or metal.
>>
>>68148942
Trickiest part of playing a harmonica is buying one. They come in different keys and shit and you might need several.
>>
>They come in different keys and shit and you might need several.
This is a problem. What about those double-row ones?
>>
this guy is a great youtube teacher he's pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebZpdXL5xa8
>>
I want to cop a marine, which key should I buy , I can only buy one atm
>>
>>68149731
what's the security at music shops like? since they're small as shit I can just boost them
>>
do you have lips? then you're half way there. Can you breath? Then that's it, you can play one of these annoying things
>>
>>68150940
>you can play one

Actually, it would be more accurate to say 'no one can play one'

Its just some people have the confidence or complete lack of self awareness to convince others the random off key bleating they are making has some sort of rhyme or reason or talent behind them

All the harmonica is is a noisemaker. And sometimes thats the noise that really helps your song, but its not really an instrument, if you see what I'm saying
>>
>>68151023
You're retarded.
>>
File: 1410984988173.gif (2MB, 350x266px) Image search: [Google]
1410984988173.gif
2MB, 350x266px
>>68149019
i've had a harmonica for 10 years and literally all i can do is bend notes.
>>
>>68151045

then you have mastered the blues harmonica and need to drink liquor, wear sunglasses, stomp your foot and get some bitches
>>
>>68148942
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHyGdGilazU
>>
>>68151081

Not OP or even anyone really interested in learning harmonica, but ive straight been watching this dudes videos ever since you posted the link. Very entertaining
>>
>>68148942
Its not difficult. I learned the Heart of Gold solos with a G harmonica fairly quickly. Sounds cool
>>
>>68151777
wut? it's a Spongebob clip filmed from a television
>>
>>68148942
Just learn to bend notes.

After that its pretty easy.

If you have a harmonica where its key is a fourth higher than the key of a 12 bar blues song, you literally can't play a wrong note.

For example, if the blues song is in G, you need a C harmonica, until you get more advanced, when you can play diatonically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVUJ3LJhzsM
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.