[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"The Washington D.C. post-hardcore band Fugazi opposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1328944.jpg (122KB, 768x511px) Image search: [Google]
1328944.jpg
122KB, 768x511px
"The Washington D.C. post-hardcore band Fugazi opposed slamdancing at their live shows. Members of Fugazi were reported to single out and confront specific members of the audience, politely asking them to stop hurting other audience members, or hauling them on stage to apologize on the microphone." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moshing#Opposition.2C_criticism_and_controversy (other interesting stuff in this section about people getting killed, etc.)

Opinions on moshing, /mu/? Love it? Hate it? Don't care? Why?
>>
I don't care, but moshpits are fucking dumb
>>
>>68138029
what a bunch of pussies
you make music that is packed with high energy and lyrics that allude violence, you can't expect the people to not throw a fist or two
>>
>>68138126
why? why do people have the urge to throw fists? why can't you just take get some fucking control of yourself???
>>
>>68138126
That's absolutely retarded
>I must commit assault because of this music
>>
like moshing is fun, but like whenever there's a pit you get that one guy who goes way too hard and legitimately hurts people and that's not cool
>>
>>68139247
Isn't that kinda like the "VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES MAKES KIDS VIOLENT!!!!!" argument, too?
>>
Fugazi is dope, moshing is also dope. People just need to read the room.
>>
Moshing is only acceptable at hardcore or metal shows.

Considering there aren't really mosh parts in fugazi songs I can understand why they would be pissed at people getting too crazy in their crowd. For a punk band they aren't very high energy at all.
>>
>>68138029
Well in terms of "slam moshing" (i.e. the type of moshpits you'd usually see at a Death Grips or Odd Future concert), that shit is completely retarded and has been since the late 70's when it stopped being cool.
>>
Moshing is stupid.
>>
I could see moshing at a black flag or a minor threat concert but NOT fugazi
>>
>>68141277
That's because they're a post-hardcore band
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.