[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why music made by actual warriors sound very happy and are p

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: dbb.jpg (75KB, 600x848px)
dbb.jpg
75KB, 600x848px
Why music made by actual warriors sound very happy and are popsy catchy tunes, while music done by war worshippers and military fanboys like Power Metal bands is so agressive and oh so full of testosterone?

I´ve been listening to some ex-Yugoslav tunes, along with the VDV video, and it seems that, at least in Eastern Europe, they take wartunes as something happy and funny. Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUbCp2WgkYw

What is the mindset of an actual warrior, an actual genocider and plunderer, that they retort to these folk tunes instead of some form of nu metal?
>>
>>68126371
Fighters have released their aggression with killing. Wannabee's have not.
>>
>>68126371
Because all their aggression is saved for fighting
why would you waste your anger on music when you need it for a fight?
>>
>>68126371
I figure music needs to be happy in order to lighten the soldiers up and keep the morale high
Plus, getting agressive in the "make the blood pump" kind of way that you mention eould just make the soldiers reckless, meaning a sure way to get killed
>>
war is depressing enough as it is so they try to make themselves feel better with catchy tunes and upbeat texts
>>
>>68126390
>>68126396
>>68126457

So basically, music like that of easy listening and pop is the actual war experience? Is Raymond Lefevre more metal than actual metal bands? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-NeI2HSLT8
>>
>>68126371
Power metal is probably the least aggressive metal subgenre
>>
>>68126371
Grass is always greener on the other side.
>>
>>68126573
modern talking are more metal than majority of metal bands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs3k1gcMDzE
>>
>>68126573
>So basically, music like that of easy listening and pop is the actual war experience?
No, read those posts again.
>>
>>68126573
No, we just explained you it was the opposite.
>>
>>68126618
>>68126628

You said that fighters prefer the happy pop tunes in order to get away from the gloominess and violence of the battlefield. That was what I was refering to when speaking of "actual war experience"
>>
>>68126952
How is it a representation of actual war experience when they are deliberately trying to forget it? All that you could say is that war is so awful that attempting to convey it through music is too painful.
>>
>>68127011

Because for me, trying to forget the war is too part of the actual experience. Thats the appeal I see in these pop songs, they are used to make soldiers forget about the crudeness of war and think about their beautiful country and families.

Also, what do you think about Nasheed? For a music that tries to incite kebabs to go Allahu Ackbar, its pretty chill.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.