[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was lucky to get playtime at a local venue that's quite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: musicforthisfeel.jpg (38KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
musicforthisfeel.jpg
38KB, 400x388px
I was lucky to get playtime at a local venue that's quite nice for my first gig but I don't have a midi or any equipment besides my laptop and a mouse. How do I go about performing? Should I just ramp up the memes and replicate makeshift merzbow equipment and act like they do something?
>>
>>67307615
What DAW?
>>
>>67307778
FL
dont do say it
>>
you can rent this shit from stores
>>
File: average_fruityloops_user.jpg (38KB, 702x468px) Image search: [Google]
average_fruityloops_user.jpg
38KB, 702x468px
>>67307832
You can use the typing keyboard to play synths in fruityloops. Google it, practice, people will be impressed.
>>
>>67307880
I'm poor

>>67307887
the typing to keyboard feature is kind of retarded to use and I usually can't fit the pitch or melody from it with what I make so I usually just use pianoroll
>>
>>67308192
>the typing to keyboard feature is kind of retarded to use and I usually can't fit the pitch or melody from it with what I make so I usually just use pianoroll
It's perfectly possible.
Here's a tune I recorded using the typing keyboard, with (wait for it) no quantise! Drums were programmed, everything else is played in live using typing keyboard. (different DAW though, Ardour for Linux).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8fbkT9VtG8

Stop making excuses and work with what you have.
>>
>>67308325
sorry but i make better stuff than this
>>
>>67308368
Post a link to your music please.

And the quality of it isn't the point, the point is you asked for a solution and I'm giving you a workable one.

If the quality of your ability to play live isn't up to scratch, well that's your fault.
>>
>electronic live performances
Stop this meme
Nobody wants to see you stare at your laptop or bang on a keyboard
Electronic music is for recorded use by DJs and home listening through speakers
Leave live performances to the rock bands
>>
>>67308368
>sorry but i make better stuff than this
>>67308393
>Post a link to your music please.
OP is kill.
>>
>>67308393
your solution is shit tho
just like your music
don't be mad tho like its ok

>>67308436
I can still put on an entertaining show along with my music if I implement some aesthetic ideas
>>
>>67309006
>still talking shit

>still not posting his music

Post it dude. Is it so bad you're ashamed to?
>>67309006
>your solution is shit tho
You're a really ungratefulk fuck. I have literally posted the best and only solution with the equipment you have at hand...

No one else will post anything for you you know.

Now post those banging tracks, fruityloops kid.

>inb4 shitty trap
>>
>>67309028
nothing is shittier than pretentious lofi ambient drone o shit waddup
>>
>>67309276
You've obviously never listened to Merzbow.

Seriously, post your music. I won't rip on it if it's good, scout's honour, will give it a fair chance.
>>
>>67309313
yeah I actually hate merzbow and no thanks I really don't need to ruin anonymity for one follower like you
>>
>>67309358
>yeah I actually hate merzbow
That's the point. You said
>nothing is shittier than pretentious lofi ambient drone o shit waddup
And I posted Merzbow because he IS worse than pretentious lofi ambient drone.
Try and keep up.
>no thanks I really don't need to ruin anonymity for one follower like you
So post it anon to clyp.it if you have any balls at all.
>>
File: professional_musician.jpg (110KB, 1000x567px) Image search: [Google]
professional_musician.jpg
110KB, 1000x567px
>>67309358
>>
>>67309503
Funny thing is this kid has more midi gear than OP.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.