[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, someone dinged my car. It's not a paint scratch, it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: 1.jpg (28KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28KB, 480x640px
Guys, someone dinged my car. It's not a paint scratch, it looks more like a scuff. It's rubber in texture. How do I take this off? I've tried soap and water, WD40, and using friction to rub and still nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks
>>
File: 2.jpg (12KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
12KB, 480x640px
Here's another pic
>>
File: 3.jpg (12KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
12KB, 480x640px
Close up

Any ideas on how to get this off? I'm not really sure what it could be, but this happened in a parking lot at a store.

Does anyone also know of a good dash cam that is affordable that will record front and back and dump old footage automatically that has a parking mode feature?
>>
get some automotive polish and an applicator pad or a microfiber cloth and rub

honestly it looks like with a shoe or something, too weird of a height and inset to have been don with a car
>>
try goo-gone. with scuffs of unknown origin the material may react to some things and not others. if goo-gone doesnt work, try vinegar
>>
rubber in texture?
try rubbing it with a dry sponge, but make sure to use the soft yellow side, not the green rough side.

if you're feeling adventurous you can also try a mr clean magic eraser making sure to ONLY use it on the scuff, and to stop using it once you get back to the paint.
>>
File: 20160909_145735.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160909_145735.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>28414
Get an abrasive compound most of that should come out

1/2
>>
Clay bar?
>>
File: 20160910_152545.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160910_152545.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>28525
2/2
>>
OP here

Solid advice in this thread, appreciate it. If anyone else has more fixes let me know, I will look into this immediately
>>
>>28534
>>28525
god damn this is amazing.
>>
>>28525
>>28534
>>28819
agreed

forgot to comment, but this is EXCELLENT
>>
Cheap easy way that may or may not fuck up your clear (but you should have plenty being a newer car) is me clean eraser. I removed lots of tire/rubber marks from my fender. Note that my car was also white. It will hide any scuffs better.
>>
>>28857
A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser?

or a rubber pink pencil eraser?

>pic related
>>
File: DSC_0018.jpg (459KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0018.jpg
459KB, 1536x864px
Try car wax, at least you got it easy.
>>
If you are anal about the condition of your paint, start with the least abrasive and ramp it up.

Start off with a a clay bar and some detailer. If that doesn't work, use polish. If THAT doesn't work, then start using compounds - do research on different strengths of compounds.
>>
>>28900
That's fucking rough. Yeah, I'm glad I made it out easy but this scuff still bothers my OCD

>>28911
Thanks for the info, I'm super anal about my paint
>>
>>28885
Mr. clean magic eraser. It's abrasive but again, lot less noticeable on the white paint. If my car was black or blue like it is now I wouldn't have done it but I did on my white. Wish I still had pics.
>>
File: have you seen this laugh.jpg (75KB, 810x642px) Image search: [Google]
have you seen this laugh.jpg
75KB, 810x642px
Maybe you shouldn't hit things with your car mate
>>
>>28414
If its cladding which has grazed your paint surface you should br able to take it off with claybar as it has only done light surface marking.
>>
>>28414
>How do I take this off?
If you use your liquid wax, that has solvents in it which do dissolve some types of marks. There's also another advantage of having wax on your car - any scuff marks blends in with the wax and thus is easily removed. If there is no wax, the scuff blends in with your paint due to the friction heat and becomes hard to remove without abrasion. And abrasion sucks since a scuff that gets through your clear coat to the actual paint means you now have a weak spot.

Thankfully, it is on fascia polymer instead of metal. There won't be any rust opportunity.
>>
>>28414
if it is actually rubber on the top of your paint, use a pencil eraser
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.