[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, what's up /mo/? How the fuck do I watch gundam? I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1489017788192.jpg (102KB, 780x623px) Image search: [Google]
1489017788192.jpg
102KB, 780x623px
Hey, what's up /mo/?

How the fuck do I watch gundam?

I'll admit I'm interested due to watching a few webms on 4chan, but I have no idea where to start.

I don't mind watching some old ones, but I think about 100 episodes is my cut off point before I watch some of the newer stuff. What are some absolutes that I should watch?
>>
File: Gundam.jpg (999KB, 2240x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam.jpg
999KB, 2240x2400px
>>27468
>>
File: gundam guide.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
gundam guide.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>27502
old chart, give OP the current one
>>
>>27468
You don't need a retarded chart to spoonfeed what you should think, just watch in production order and form your own opinions
>>
>>27534
I kinda understand where you're coming from, but that's a lot of episodes.
>>
>>27502
>>27521
>ZZ is canon
Both of these charts are clearly flawed. The movies are the canon story. Plus it's a lot more economical time wise for people who have never seen the series.
>>
>>27468
Gundam 00 is the most solidly well-rounded of the modern Gundam shows. Some people adore the first season and hate the second, but I think it's pretty good from start to finish.

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans is a tragedy that strives to be more low-tech than other Gundam shows and showcases both the rise and fall of the protagonists. Maybe you'll like that, maybe you won't.

Gundam Build Fighters is near-universally beloved. It's a love letter to the franchise that takes place in a world where people fight tournament battles with plastic model kits of machines from various Gundam shows. You probably won't get all the references and jokes that the show makes, but it's a damn fun time. Just...avoid the sequel. Build Fighters Try is pretty bad.

G Gundam is a martial arts show but all of the martial artists are in Gundams. It's great.

UC Gundam can be a tough nut to crack if you're not okay with dated animation. If you are, then start with 0079, then watch Zeta, ZZ, Char's Counterattack, etc. in production order. Not everything you see will be great, but some of it will be, and you're better served forming your own opinions than listening to /m/'s.
>>
>>27606
If you think there's too many episodes then you're probably not really that interested
You're probably better off reading Wikipedia summaries
>>
>>27648
>>27662
Ok, thanks. I'll probably just torrent them all and just watch them over the course of a few years.
>>
You watch 00.
>>
>>28693
In al seriousness, the chart has the broad strokes right, so it's a good starting point.
>>
I'm in a similar spot, but I can't choose whether to start with Wing, 00 or SEED
The only experience I have with Gundam is G Gundam and I watched that as a kid and can't remember shit about it, plus I know it's technically not a proper Gundam series.
>>
>>28913
Well, Gundam is technically Star Trek of Japan, and UC is the most grounded of the series.

If you really want the "proper" Gundam, then it'll be best if you start from that timeline.
>>
I'd mostly agree with the thread so far, but to boil it down I'd say maybe try the 1979 original, and if it's too hard to get past the age at first, try 00.

Either way provides more or less a good baseline for what a Gundam show is.
>>
>>28913
Wing is kind of nuts, in both good and bad ways. The actual plot is pretty much about Trieze and Relena, while the Gundam pilots wander around and kill dudes for fifty episodes with no clear idea of why they're doing it until right at the very end.

00 is the best self-contained Gundam you'll get. If you only want to watch 50 episodes and a movie, you'll get the best experience out of that.

SEED is a teen drama with Gundams. It's mediocre, but it's not the worst Gundam show ever. Its sequel, however, is still a top contender for that slot, and in a lot of people's minds SEED is retroactively made worse by Destiny.
>>
Autists will tell you to watch the 0079 show to get into Gundam but they're objectivily wrong.
Even Japan acknowledges that the movie trilogy is better. Do not watch the Zeta Gundam movies though they were botched and you'll know why within the first few minutes of visual whiplash and fucked up plot points
>>
What is the best first Gundam to watch, and why is it G Gundam, /mo/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7txu-fgFxCk
>>
>>29106
>while the veterans wander around and kill dudes for 5 years with no clear idea of why they're doing it until right at the end of deployment
>>
File: 83.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
83.webm
3MB, 960x720px
>>28913
>>29052
>Well, Gundam is technically Star Trek of Japan, and UC is the most grounded of the series.
>If you really want the "proper" Gundam, then it'll be best if you start from that timeline.

UC is a daytime soap opera, while Wing/00/SEED are WWE.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.