[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>OY VEY 4CHAN IS FINANCIALLY STRUGGLING WE MIGHT HAVE TO SHUT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: HirohitoNishimura.jpg (50KB, 557x378px) Image search: [Google]
HirohitoNishimura.jpg
50KB, 557x378px
>OY VEY 4CHAN IS FINANCIALLY STRUGGLING WE MIGHT HAVE TO SHUT IT DOWN UNLESS YOU GAIJIN BUY 4CHAN PASS AND GIB ME YOUR INFO
>Takes up more bandwidth with 10 joke boards

What did Hirohito mean by this? Is he a scam artist?
>>
>>184716
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>184716
that's not how bandwidth works you retard
>>
It was a Battle Royale, only we survive
>>
>>184716
The ones eating bandwidth are the users, not the boards.
>>
>>184716
Bandwidth issues = never add anything to your website

Genius.
>>
>>184716
Yes is he a fucking scam. He is a chink.
>>
>>184716
>Bandwidth

>Disk space

Pick one

More users would = more bandwidth

Disk space is dirt cheap.
>>
>>184747
>>184783
>>184804
>>184840
Ok, I fucked up on the bandwidth part and should have reviewed my post, but still you would think he wouldn't add more boards if 4chan was on life support
>>
>>184889
Possibly. But he might noe be paying per gb.

he could have a set amount of space that he's paying for regardless.

besides its the same amount of users uploading images/text and the space for the code for some new boards is probable a few kb if that.
>>
>>184927
not*
>>
>>184889
There's only one page for all the new boards not 10. The new boards are using less resources than one new one.
>>
>>184974
*Actual new one, with 10 pages.
>>
>>184889
>if 4chan was on life support
It isn't.
Also, a board without archive isn't really costing a lot, it's just 150 more threads.
>>
>>184716
>Is he a scam artist

>A man that pretends to not know English when you ask him why he's such a kike
>A man that only responds to meme questions and nothing legitimate when asked
>A man that bought an anonymous Russian hacking forum for autisimo underageB&s who like anime that was created by an autisimo underageB& who likes anime

What do you mean, Anon? Hiroshima is a saint.
>>
>new owner of 4chan
>8gag sees it as a chance to advertise
>says An Hiro is selling data
>despite Hotwheels being in partnership with 2ch's current owner
>the one who actually has a background in selling user data
This goes on a while
Then
>Leak about 8gag
>Turns out a bug in the PHP used to store user data was actually logging all IP traffic
>not only thoes who posted content as per the norm of any BBS
>ever page you looked at, every image you opened

This is the issue with user owned boards. They're so desperate for popularity they'll throw you under the bus.
>>
>>184716
I believe he's one of the best guys who could have bought us. Kind of a miracle he snagged us before some other greedy fuck could.

>Later it was revealed that the website was suffering from financial setbacks,[8] and as a result, the chairman of N.T. Technologies (a key stakeholder of the website, and ex-US Army officer) Jim Watkins assumed full control over 2channel, stripping Nishimura of all power.[9] In response, Nishimura created his own clone of 2channel at 2ch.sc,[10] and organised a series of distributed denial of service attacks against 2channel.[11] Following the debacle, many former 2channel users have migrated to other anonymous posting websites
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.