[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mpol/ think of World War I? The "War to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: world war 1.jpg (162KB, 600x412px) Image search: [Google]
world war 1.jpg
162KB, 600x412px
What does /mpol/ think of World War I? The "War to End All Wars?"
>>
File: filly31.png (454KB, 2927x2341px) Image search: [Google]
filly31.png
454KB, 2927x2341px
>>182031
losing thousands in no mans-land to advance a few inches doesn't seem like fun
>>
If Bismark had still been around, or if germany was less autistic in general, it never would've gotten as bad as it did. If Britain had stayed out, it still could've been contained. It was an absolute failure of global diplomacy, and the ruling class as a whole is to blame.
>>
>>182031
>The "War to End All Wars"
This name is incorrect
>>
>>182031

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ciq9ts02ci4

Pretty horrifying, if you ask me.
>>
>>182031
germany dindu nuffin but were painted as the bad guys and forced to give up lands that triggered a deep seated anger within the german people. Honorable peace for the German Empire would have saved us from many of the worlds problems today.
>>
Would have literally been hell. Terrible conditions, gas, trenchfoot, machine guns, shell shock, along with no modern medicine and literally no reason to even fight.

At least World War II, you were fighting for your countries very existence and if you were smart and a little lucky, you would survive. WW1 was just certain death or life destroying maiming.
>>
>>182240
Also, the Christmas Truce brings a tear to my eye, and the results of the Christmas Truce, scaring the ruling classes shitless that white Europeans might not mindlessly slaughter each other and causing them to make the war conditions even more bitter and miserable to discourage another is almost as interesting as the truce itself.

Anyways, WW1 was the mistake and what inevitably doomed the white race, not WW2.
>>
If Britian hadn't agreed to promise palestine to the Jews in exchange for the Jews getting America to join in on their side the world might not have become so terrible
>>
>>182031
It accomplished what it was intended to do, put the participants into debt to the Jew banks. War is the quickest way to accumulate debt if you don't print your own money and pay the Jews to do it for you.
>Fed est. 1913
>WWI 1914
pure coincidence I'm sure
But this has been going on for so long that now it's just the way things are. Andrew Jackson is an extremely underrated POTUS.
>>
>>182427
I don't get it, so if they established the fed that means they don't need to borrow from the Jews, they could print their own money. So what are you saying?
>>
>>182479
The Federal Reserve is not owned by the United States, it is a private bank owned mostly by the Rothschild family and the Morgan family, both Jewish. The Federal Reserve controls interest rates and the printing of money. The establishment of the Fed means that the Jews print our money, then we borrow it from them AT INTEREST, when it is Congresses job to print it in the first place. We don't print our own money, if you look at the US dollar it says at the top "Federal Reserve Note," it is a bank note from the Federal Reserve Bank.
An easy intro video is the American Dream Federal Reserve cartoon on youtube, ~30 mins long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hneVEmzg36E
At ~ 4 mins long, this video is one of the best summaries available, by Brother Nathanael Kapner, a Jew by ethnicity who converted to Christianity after reading the New Testament. He's one of the most truth aware people on the planet.
>>
>>182031
It was an amazing war. It was the blend of new age weapons (machine guns, longer range artillery, etc) with old age unit tactics. It was a clusterfuck, but a massive learning curve for how future wars would be handled.
>>
>>182641
Thanks I will check out the video.
>>
>>183009
Thanks for being open to new info!
>>182031
This war would've sucked to fight in. Choking on gas does not seem a great way to go.
>>
>>182031
It was easily the worst war in history. Introduced new weapons and technology that could kill far more in higher time. Also Allied Powers were mostly in the right.
>>
File: 1491107963594.png (162KB, 449x391px) Image search: [Google]
1491107963594.png
162KB, 449x391px
>>182031
Does anyone else kinda wish they could've fought in a world war? I feel like a faggot for thinking this but I can't help it.
>>
>>182220
You can't blame Germany for starting the war but dividing up land to the conquerors is completely fair.
>>
>>183275
You would not have wanted to fight in WWI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP_0DkpFOKs

It was Hell on Earth.
>>
>>183275
What are your reasons for wishing that? It's probably best to instead take ancestral pride if your forefathers participated.
>>
>>183275
Most of the troops were starving and living in awful conditions. You wouldn't want it. That's not even going into the many horrors seen on the Eastern front where peasants were just given rifles and told to run into battle.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXIeM4vIInw
thread song?
>>
>>182641
Lmao this Rothschild meme is still going.
>>
>>182031
It gave us Hitler, so there's a silver lining to every dark cloud.
>>
>>184112
I like this WWI era song. Many of the soldiers sang it in the trenches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVM-tFAdADg
>>
>>182031
My great grandpa was a squad leader in an Stormtrooper unit and got a golden medal for bravery because he took a British trench almost on his own in ww1.
>>
>>184184
yeah, this is better. I am really liking this song, thanks anon.
>>
File: Artillery pone.png (101KB, 525x463px) Image search: [Google]
Artillery pone.png
101KB, 525x463px
>>183609
>>184054
>>184069

I know you anons are absolutely right. I still feel this way even after watching a bunch of documentaries on it too. Guess I'm just bored with life and directionless.

Also industrial-era artillery is my fetish.
>>
>>182031
A war with not even close to enough (good) fps games about. And no, EAs automatic gun bullshit fest is not a good game.
>>
>>184608
Verdun's probably the closest you'll get desu.
>>
>>184626
Yeah, got a decent amount of playtime in it. It's honestly pretty great, and with a few friends for your squad it can be decently tactical.

My favorite thing to do is pick the unit with a knife, the bökerknife or whatever, and just sprint at people while sidestepping their bullets, and stabbing them.
>>
>MFW I do WW1 re-enactment
>When you are doing a show, and some guy comes up to talk about the history
>Said guy notices patch on one of our guy's shoulders
>Takes glasses off, questions our guy if that is *insert number here*'s patch
>It is
>Says his great grandfather was in that Battalion, starts getting emotional
>Our guy had his ancestor die whilst fighting in that Battalion
>Little things like these is what keeps me going

Although not particularly about the fighting as a whole, while you live life in the trenches, you get a feeling as to what that sort of hell was on a daily basis.
>>
File: trench club.jpg (90KB, 923x400px) Image search: [Google]
trench club.jpg
90KB, 923x400px
>>183275
WW1 was brutal. It often ended with brutally beating the enemy to death with pic related.
>>
>>184775
Pretty noice, you do ANZAC?
>>
>>184822
Yep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsynSgeo_Uo
>>
>>184442
Thats just your lust for glory. It is a natural thing for young men but WW1 was just to cruel. Getting cutdown by machine guns in no man's land or not knowing if that fog about to roll in is fog or mustard gas.
>>
I think it was honestly a war of a squabbling family (the Kaiser, Tzar, Queen, King, and Duke where all related) that is one of the dumbest wars we ever had. It also is the direct cause if WWII as the treaty of Versailles was fucking stupid.
>>
File: paul von vettow-lorbeck.jpg (43KB, 404x396px) Image search: [Google]
paul von vettow-lorbeck.jpg
43KB, 404x396px
Also, just picked up a book about pic related recently. Any thoughts on this guy?
>>
>>184915
If you're referring to myself, I haven't read much on him. If I do remember correctly, though; he was quite down-to-earth in terms of what the fuck was going on during WW2, and I believe after the war he could not care less about what was going on. Similar fashion to T. E. Lawrence.

I myself need to get started on reading "The Lost Diggers" by Ross Coulthart. But if anyone you happen to have a particular liking towards, go ahead on learning more about them.

If you're looking for an interesting story-time, have a look into Karl von Müller. One of those respectable people. In-fact, here's a good video I'd recommend watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51FXgQOoppw
>>
>>185113
Fuck.
WW1*, not WW2
>>
>>185113
Nah, just threw the question out to anyone in general.

Also, thanks for the suggestion. I've a deep fascination with WWI, hence why I posted this thread in the first place.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx1MA6ousJE
>>
>>185146
No worries mate, its always a good thing to look into with your spare time.
>>
>>182031
The world would have been a lot better if Germany won. Same as WW2.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.