[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys believe that this graph explains the reason why season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 444444431231236354.png (10KB, 483x291px) Image search: [Google]
444444431231236354.png
10KB, 483x291px
Do you guys believe that this graph explains the reason why season 1 fans hate the newer seasons? It has less to do with the mane 6's decline in quality, although that is a factor, rather it has to do with the difference in quallity between the mane 6 episodes and non mane 6 episode. As the later seasons went on, the quality of the average non mane 6 episode rose sharply while the mane 6's only slowly rised and the crashed, with the last two seasons having around 2 point difference in averages (this is huge for an 8 point scale).
>>
>>30959967
Was Glimmer the reason why the mane 6 started to decline?
>>
>>30959967
>Do you guys believe that this graph explains the reason why season 1 fans hate the newer seasons?
That's a better phrasing than last time already

But I'll let you in on a secret
they don't exist

Just memes and shitposters, not one of them is autistic enough to have stayed that long while hating everything past s1
Especially since the whole 'season1 is the only canon/good one' is rather new as far as memes go, maybe s4 or s5
>>
>>30960720
But there are plenty of people who think season 1+2 are superior while thinking the later seasons were worse.
>>
>>30961549
>plenty
Eh.... [citation needed]
I mean, S2 might be the most liked season, but I believe it's really, really close to s5 (and I'm not talking about my tastes here, but what would an /mlp/ poll show)
And S1 might end up third, or even fourth because S7 has been really good so far

Actually, just make a new thread with a poll, you'll be fixed that way
And don't forget the captcha
>>
>>30959967
So first off, depends on what group you're talking about. I find S1 and 2 to be much more enjoyable than later seasons, but you won't find me running around shitposting 'not canon' threads or anything like that. My reaction might be different from another fan's.

It also depends on what your sourcedata for this graph is.

That said: This, I think, is merely a correlation and not a causation. The lack of good M6 episodes in my opinion can largely be traced to a deeper problem, which is a lack of an ongoing unified vision for the setting. This affects all episodes but especially tends to crop up with M6 episodes because - absent a larger vision on their characters - writers have tended to largely focus on one or two character traits. Worse, for some of them those character arcs are reaching an end state - leaving them with no clear way forward.

New characters, though, let new writers develop their own visions for the new characters and find new paths, which they can then write in a much more engaged manner. This doesn't always work, but for better and for worse you are often left with a sense the writers are actually engaged with their writing. The thing is, while the new characters are written well their engagement with the rest of the show runs the gamut from "merely doesn't connect" to "fucks over the rest of the setting entirely".

For newer fans, this kind of disjointed thing isn't such a big deal. They, frankly, were not around for a time when having everything work together and make sense across episodes was an honest expectation. But for older fans, seeing the writing become deteriorated and disjointed is a huge deal.
>>
>>30961729
>For newer fans, this kind of disjointed thing isn't such a big deal. They, frankly, were not around for a time when having everything work together and make sense across episodes was an honest expectation. But for older fans, seeing the writing become deteriorated and disjointed is a huge deal.

I don't know, I am a pretty old fan and still find non-mane 6 episodes better. Besides, the CMC and Spike were around since season 1 and their episodes are better than ever.
>>
>>30961747
Fair enough, and perhaps I shouldn't have spoken so generally. That was mostly a reflection of what I've seen, but not universal.

>Besides, the CMC and Spike were around since season 1 and their episodes are better than ever.
Their episodes... fluctuate in my eyes.
>>
File: 1111114321432141.png (9KB, 483x291px) Image search: [Google]
1111114321432141.png
9KB, 483x291px
>>30961922
The CMC follow the pattern in the OP more than any character. Their episodes have consistently been some of the best of the series in later seasons.

I didn't count Carts Before the Ponies as a CMC episode simply because the CMC are one of the few things in that episode that aren't responsible for making it garbage.
>>
What is the average score for Glimmer episodes?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.