[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Mustache magic different to Mane Magic? Was a Mustache somewhere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

File: latest[1].png (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
214KB, 1280x720px
Is Mustache magic different to Mane Magic? Was a Mustache somewhere stolen for this?
>>
This is in relation to Twilight not being able to make a Mane for Rarity in todays episode btw
>>
I like the idea that somewhere in Equestria a stallion suddenly loses his moustache. It seems like something Twilight would cause.
>>
They did create hair in the episode, it's just that it was an explosion of hair that didn't attach to rarity.
>>
>>30956934
But the mustache hair stayed, right? For Trixie, Spike, Snips and Snails
Is it just different? There's a lot more hair in a mane
>>
>>30956881
would have been cool if trixie fixed her mane, but that would require effort on the writers part
>>
>>30956370
If they wanted it so that Zecora fixed the mane instead of Twilight or Starlight, they just should have made them gone on some academic trip. Then there wouldn't have to be this whole stupid problem with how magic works in Equestria. There's too many contradictions now.
>>
>>30957216
Trixie turned Rarity's existing Mane green, she didn't make a new one
>>
>>30957336
she made it into a rats nest you retard, she can transmorph things
>>
File: 1458510160695.jpg (54KB, 490x769px) Image search: [Google]
1458510160695.jpg
54KB, 490x769px
>>30956919
That's an interesting theory. Do we know anypony that grows that kind of mustache?
>>
>>30957367
She COULD transmorph things, before she was nerfed because of Starlight

Now Trixie doesn't actually "know magic", she can only levitate things like normal unicorns, and has to learn how to do magic from Starlight!
>>
>>30957367
>she made it into a rats nest
I'm genuinely not even new and I'm not sure I've actually noticed this despite seeing the episode a bunch of times
>>
>>30957381
I KNOW, isn't it GREAT?
Glimmy is such a good pony for teaching her useless and much less talented friend how to do simply babby-tier spells!
>>
File: 1366897318210.gif (147KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1366897318210.gif
147KB, 500x522px
>>30956934
>>30957193
You know, we never actually saw what happened when Starlight and Twilight used actual hair to replace Rarity's, did we?
The Mustaches for Spike stuck, maybe the manes for Rarity did but just wore off very quick since it's a lot more hair than a mustache?
Which is why they kept trying?

This could also relate to >>30957216, whereby Trixie only did what she did to Rarity's mane on a very, very temporary basis. Even thinking about it, if Rarity's main was truly replaced, Twilight would probably have had to undo it, but we never saw that. Maybe it did just wear off after Rarity returned home. She did high tail out of there immediately
>>
File: latest (5).png (295KB, 1010x792px) Image search: [Google]
latest (5).png
295KB, 1010x792px
Consider this: Celestia, Luna and Mistmane all have magical flowing manes. You could say Celestia and Luna are alicorns and therefore there's something specific about their manes, but Mistmane was just a unicorn who was gifted at magic. Maybe there's some specific magic property to manes?
>>
File: 1471111522192.png (177KB, 360x384px) Image search: [Google]
1471111522192.png
177KB, 360x384px
>>30957500
Manes specifically? Hmm, maybe actually
But Trixie does seem to morph Rarity's Mane. But at the same time, she turned it into a nest, which is exactly what Twilight was saying needs to happen. You need to replace the Mane with something, you can't create it out of thin air. Which Trixie didn't do.
So maybe. But then how did Rarity get her Mane back, and where did it go?

Maybe Trixie's was just illusionary magic
>>
>>30957518
>Maybe Trixie's was just illusionary magic
Correct. In season 1, Trixie was a low-level unicorn who can only cast weak, temporary spells. It's likely that Rarity could've just washed out the green in the shower.
>>
>>30957538
she bent the light from a rainbow into a physical thing that could harm you. bullshit. she only seems low level because of how stupidly overpowerd twilight is.

take your headcanon and fuck off
>>
>>30957555
>she bent the light from a rainbow into a physical thing that could harm you
All she did was make it spin around Rainbow Dash until she got dizzy.
>>
>>30957564
all she did was spin the strongest flier in equestria to the ground without exerting any effort
>>
File: CMC_Ingredients_03_S02E17.png (489KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CMC_Ingredients_03_S02E17.png
489KB, 1280x720px
>>30957555
>she bent the light from a rainbow into a physical thing that could harm you
This doesn't mean jack shit in Equestria, seeing as three fillies were able to use a fucking vacuum cleaner to take the color out of one back in S2.

Trixie's magic has been low-level since day 1. She's a fucking magician, not a wizard like Twilight. I love how all these short-term memory Trixiefags came out of the woodworks after To Change a Changeling claiming that the show nerfed their waifu. Her being garbage at actual magic was the ENTIRE point of her fucking debut episode.
>>
File: Rarity_green_hair_S1E6.png (171KB, 640x375px) Image search: [Google]
Rarity_green_hair_S1E6.png
171KB, 640x375px
>>30957538
It kind of looks like Grass though, like it was replaced
Guess not?
>>
>>30957617
>Her being garbage at actual magic was the ENTIRE point of her fucking debut episode.
when you compare her to twilight, pretty much everyone is. the point was that's its okay to show off what makes you special, it was a hypocritical episode.
>she's a fucking magician
she a fucking magic user. a wizard. I will never fucking believe otherwise. her show involved real magic. period.
>>
>>30957671
She's a magician learning to become a wizard. Parlor tricks are not wizardry. Can you at least agree that she is just now starting to gain some real magic skills thanks to Glimmer's guidance?
>>
>>30957617
fuck you and the horse you road on. I'm right. I'm right about how needlessly overpowerd twilight is in every way, I'm right about Trixie being able to use real magic. It was her career.

>>30957695
the only thing I agree on is that this show vastly underutilized her in favor of a mary sue.
>>
All they had to do was say that using magic to regrow Rarity's hair could trigger long term baldness and that they shouldn't try it for that reason. It's a simple fucking explanation and doesn't require a complete overhaul of how magic works.
>>
>>30957538
But then what about the Moustaches?
How would they work and the Manes don't?
>>
>>30957745
Maybe other body hair outside of manes and tails don't really have any magical properties, like mustaches, eyebrows, or eyelashes. We've yet to see a magical flowing mustache.
>>
>>30957712
It's late. Go to bed Seth.
>>
File: 46951350_p0_master1200.jpg (251KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
46951350_p0_master1200.jpg
251KB, 450x600px
>>30957768
But Mane's having magical properties is just a theory, and not a very concrete one whatsoever
>>
>>30957617
Trixie was nerfed just like Rarity was, Rarity used to be able to make fashions out of thin air

Now she can't, NERFED, if you deny this you are a retard

You may as well deny Twilight's magic aura used to be white
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.