[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could, or had to, undo any of the defeats/reforms of any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Chrysalis.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Chrysalis.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
If you could, or had to, undo any of the defeats/reforms of any of the MLP villains, which villain would you choose?
>>
>>30955352
Turn all reform villains back to bad guys and shipping villains.
>>
>>30955352
just ship Chrysalis and Sombra
that would cause a bigger explosion than just redeeming Chrysalis
>>
>>30955352
Undo the changeling's reformation, Chrysalis' imminent destruction, and then probably bring Sombra back from the dead.
>>
>>30955370
This. The butthurt would be unimaginable.
>>
>>30955352
Sombra. I know it's only the comics but the way they did it is horrible.
>>
Discords reformation. He just comes off as an annoying loser now and his powerlevel is way too high to not just solve every conflict on his own.
>>
>>30955352
Nightmare Moon
>>
>>30955352
Starlight, fucking poochie should ve stayed red pilled
>>
File: 1500967645103.png (331KB, 561x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500967645103.png
331KB, 561x600px
>>30955352
Sunset Shimmer. Her story are of atonement rings hollow when you remember she was hit by the Friendship Beamâ„¢ and thus removed any free will she could of had.

>Inb4 no hooves
>>
File: i don't rike it.png (51KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
i don't rike it.png
51KB, 186x186px
>Nightmare Moon doesn't instantly reform, but gets nerfed hard by the Elements of Harmony (and/or simply flees before the final blow was struck)
>the show's narrative at least part-way justifies her bitterness instead of completely invalidating the pain wrought from ages of neglect and alienation by the ponies she had once selflessly protected and constantly saved by Celestia's side (and, not to mention, after the 1,000 years of solitary confinement that's likely worsened her wounded heart) but continues to portray her as a bitter, spiteful asshole nonetheless
>she becomes a reoccurring catalyst for "major" friendship problems involving the mane six to go on adventures outside of Ponyville, and she butts heads with Celestia in sort of a Magneto/Xavier dynamic (allowing both of them a little more screen time and character development)
>she possibly does reforms later down the line anyways after her ridiculous schemes continue to fail, and she undergoes enough character development to put aside enough of her pride herself to rekindle her sister's friendship by her own accord, instead of being magicked back to good again like she had no personal accountability as a villain.
I would've just loved to see more cute/evil pantomime villain Moon Horse.
>>
>>30955352
Glimmer, Sombra and Chrysalis. Glimmer got off way too easy and gets away with shit other ponies would be imprisoned for, Sombra because he barely had any time/was hardly a threat, and Chrysalis because Thorax shenanigans are silly.
>>
>>30956551
>undoing the only good thing in Equestria Girls
Delete
>>
File: 864943.png (233KB, 700x730px) Image search: [Google]
864943.png
233KB, 700x730px
She was better and actually had a personality this way and you know it
>>
>>30957497
This guy gets it
>>
>>30957460
>the show's narrative at least part-way justifies her bitterness instead of completely invalidating the pain wrought from ages of neglect and alienation by the ponies she had once selflessly protected and constantly saved by Celestia's side (and, not to mention, after the 1,000 years of solitary confinement that's likely worsened her wounded heart) but continues to portray her as a bitter, spiteful asshole nonetheless
Not arguing, but I'm curious - how do you see the show as 'invalidating' it? Like, we know she was wrong, but what makes that bitterness 'invalid'?

>>30955352
You know, there's so much shit I'd change about how they got defeated or reformed... but a simple undo? I'm honestly hard-caught between Discord and Starlight.
>Discord: Undoing his reformation keeps the question of why doesn't Discord just snap his fingers and beat all the baddies from becoming an issue, and also frankly I liked him better are a barely-comprehensible eldritch spirit of creeping corruption and disharmony than just "I never had any friends" lonely
>Starlight: Needless to say, her backstory was a total cockup and having her just completely drop her beliefs because Twilight said so was retarded. Keeping her along as an ideological antagonist - one who is confronts the M6 with a way of life they can't just dismiss as "evil" - would be far more interesting storytelling.
>Bonus: Keeping Starlight evil means no nulings.

Or can we pick multiple? I took OP to be meaning 'just pick one'.
>>
>>30957664
>is given a punishment disproportional to her attempted coup (the later retcon with attempted murder does justify it, though), but considering her main motivation was feeling neglected and unloved in the first place- 1,000 years of perpetual loneliness on the moon was pretty harsh and counter-intuitive, especially when you consider she had to ESCAPE rather than be released when her sentence was finished, which further places her in an understandable "it's me against the world" mindset as Nightmare Moon
>her abrupt reformation only occurs under the circumstances of getting depowered and left at the mercy of her sister, who had previously locked her up and threw away the key without an apparent intention to ever free her. While it's convenient to the narrative Luna's remorse was sincere, you could also read it the other way like she was put on the spot like a woman who's proposed to in front of a huge audience. Not to mention, the personality-altering effects of the EoH may be a bit morally nebulous, since even if she was corrupted by black magic it was at least by her own accord
>despite her underwhelming feats of villainy, Luna ends up persecuting herself constantly for becoming Nightmare Moon in the first place, and the show doesn't even loosely address her original motivation again. This is especially questionable since ponies had turned one of their still-living founding leaders into a holiday boogeyman character in her absence, and it seems Celestia herself could have easily debunked this instead of letting history remember her "dear sister" as a horrible monster

The show doesn't invalidate her bitterness outright, but it constantly dances around any of her reasons to be evil despite the clearly established circumstances. She arguably seems almost worse off reformed, if it means trading off her villainous camp for being an overworked emotional wreck.
>>
>>30957833
>is given a punishment disproportional to her attempted coup (the later retcon with attempted murder does justify it, though),
And, y'know, almost fucking up the entire continent at bare minimum by cutting off the sun. "But muh alternate reality with woods and stuff!" you cry - no. Take a closer look at the cutie map on that reality; Equestria is a flattened wasteland with Nightmare in power. That she's preserved some life around her palace is irrelevant when the rest of the continent and all its life has been straightup ravaged.

>but considering her main motivation was feeling neglected and unloved in the first place- 1,000 years of perpetual loneliness on the moon was pretty harsh and counter-intuitive,
Hey woah, holdup 'cause that's some pretty hot headcanon right there. It has never been stated that Luna was aware and conscious during her time on the moon; that was solely a fandom bullshit thing back when S1 Luna as a poor, abused waifu was popular. All evidence is that she was sealed IN the moon, not moping about in loneliness.

>her abrupt reformation only occurs under the circumstances of getting depowered and left at the mercy of her sister, who had previously locked her up and threw away the key without an apparent intention to ever free her.
Again, that's some super headcanon right there. Faust outright said Celestia only inflicted Luna's banishment because it "was not possible" to retrieve Luna from her Nightmare personality earlier on, and that those thousand years were spent arranging the right conditions to allow Luna to return safely.

I get what you're saying about Luna being put on the spot when she returned and the Elements having some questionable personality effects, but there's zero evidence of this and every point in favor of Luna's remorse being very real.
>>
>>30957970
>And, y'know, almost fucking up the entire continent at bare minimum by cutting off the sun. "But muh alternate reality with woods and stuff!" you cry - no. Take a closer look at the cutie map on that reality; Equestria is a flattened wasteland with Nightmare in power. That she's preserved some life around her palace is irrelevant when the rest of the continent and all its life has been straightup ravaged.
I mean, fair point, but I'm basing this argument largely off of her initial S1 characterization, which would've subsequently altered the direction of the show had it been changed. As far as anyone knew or cared back then her eternal night wouldn't have made any such devastating impact, because Equestria's entire environment is manually run off magic anyways. I'll concede to this one, though, it is pretty well established by now that Nightmare Moon's scheme wasn't as allegorical as it might have originally been read as.
>Hey woah, holdup 'cause that's some pretty hot headcanon right there. It has never been stated that Luna was aware and conscious during her time on the moon; that was solely a fandom bullshit thing back when S1 Luna as a poor, abused waifu was popular. All evidence is that she was sealed IN the moon, not moping about in loneliness.
What's the difference if she was literally sealed inside the moon or not? The old pony's tale claimed 'the stars would aid in her escape', which suggests she was still conscious, even if she was just a formless blot on the face of the moon. In fact, that's arguably even worse than being stranded on some rock, you'd still be lonely but she'd have still probably suffered extreme sensory deprivation on top of that.
>>
>>30957957
>>30957970
>Again, that's some super headcanon right there. Faust outright said Celestia only inflicted Luna's banishment because it "was not possible" to retrieve Luna from her Nightmare personality earlier on, and that those thousand years were spent arranging the right conditions to allow Luna to return safely.
While that is true, Nightmare couldn't have known what Celestia's keikaku was. From her POV she was just locked away and forgotten for centuries, and then upon her second defeat she was Luna again, grovelling before her big sister.
>I get what you're saying about Luna being put on the spot when she returned and the Elements having some questionable personality effects, but there's zero evidence of this and every point in favor of Luna's remorse being very real.
No, yeah, I'm definitely not arguing that. I'm just figuring that, with the shit Luna still went through after her redemption, you'd think she'd have wished to have more agency in that decision, even if she would've made it anyways on her own. Being manipulated for her own good by Celestia sort of taints her character arc a little, it could have been handled better.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.