[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, apparently the M6 are basically new versions of famous Equestrians.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

So, apparently the M6 are basically new versions of famous Equestrians. And Starlight Glimmer is a new version of Equestria's Scrooge

Do you think the other characters have ancient versions? What would the CMC be? Spike? Other characters?
>>
>>30953816
The other characters wouldn't need ancient version because they are already interesting on their own. Make no mistake, the writers are making the ancient mane 6 because the regular mane 6 are boring now.
>>
>>30953846
Gas all Glimmerfags
>>
>>30953849
Why do people get so upset when you suggest the mane 6 aren't that well written?
>>
>>30953846
Try to put hittler pic on derpibooru, senpai.
>>
So Starswirl related episode?
>Uncommon Bond
>>
>>30954939
Because you're so insistent on posting that opinion that we can't take you seriously anymore. You're either a troll attempting to get a majority of the board in a bad mood, or just a 14 year old who doesn't understand that being annoying isn't a good way to get noticed.
>>
>>30954954
>Discord turn into Starswirl
>>
File: 1494378251013.jpg (32KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1494378251013.jpg
32KB, 706x706px
>>30954954
>tfw finally a starswirl episode after seven seasons
>twilight goes to some princess summit somewhere
>starlight gets to meet him and go on an adventure with him in an action packed episode full of lore and world building
>story by josh haber

KEK
>>
File: 1505550677252.png (450KB, 997x748px) Image search: [Google]
1505550677252.png
450KB, 997x748px
>>30954979
>Starlight meet Starswirl first
>Starlight meet Scorpan and solve his issues
>Starlight goes with Discord to find out his backstory and she save him
>>
>>30954973
>>30954979
I knew you fucks were to retarded to even understand OP's picture.
>>
>>30954979
After they gave Starlight the first royal sisters' episode I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this happened
>>
>>30954990
>he think Starswirl is dead
you are the retard, OP
>>
There was a random official book a while back that was talking about Fluttershy's sanctuary before the episode aired. It referenced something to do with Starlight Glimmer's mysterious past. I could see them going the route of making it seem like Twilight is the descendant of Starswirl but making a twist where it's actually Starlight.
>>
>>30954968
So if more than one person holds an opinion, its really the same person trying to annoy you? Perhaps it is just a minority of mane 6 fans who are disgruntled with the quality of their favorites episodes.
>>
Starswirl has been hyped up endlessly to the point that writing him in the spotlight would be too difficult for the writers to handle competently.
>>
>>30954979
I think even hardcore hasdrones would be mad if this happened
>>
>>30955046
>Oh shit, I think they're onto me. I better do some damage control by pretending it's other people.
You really are a piece of shit, aren't you?
>>
>>30955075
>Oh shit, someone called me out for my paranoia, better pretend they are sameposting some more
Isnt this ironic.
>>
>>30953816
I doubt they are literal reincarnations because there's a good chance the time traveling wizard is still alive and he'd have to be dead in order to reincarnate. Plus Twilight isn't vain enough to be her own biggest fangirl.

The term you are likely looking for is incarnations of the Elements of Harmony, each one representing an aspect of friendship.

And if that scrapped movie idea of dragon hearts being made a crystal ever becomes canon, I'd say Spike's predecessor would be whoever the Crystal Heart came from because they wanted to protect and help the ponies be safe.
>>
>>30955092
I'm not being paranoid, you just don't know when to shut up. The thing with anonymity is that it loses its touch when you can pinpoint who is doing/saying what, and those who tend to get well-known on 4chan often have their lives ruined.
>>
>>30955103
>threatening people over their opinions of ponies
Isn't that pathetic.
>>
>>30955117
You're just looking for excuses to argue now. What part of that was a threat?
>>
>>30955101
Didn't they say that the crystal heart was already a part of a dragons hoard when there was the struggle between it and ponies?

It would be interesting if the heart originally did come from a dragon that cared deeply for ponies, though.
>>
>>30955140
It was the same book where they revealed Star Swirl perfected time travel and knows about Twilight.
The time traveling also made him younger which means he'd be perfect ship bait for Twilight where she teaches him how to understand friendship like her.
>>
>>30955314
The way I could see it is if like, the Crystal Heart were the heart of a dragon that died defending ponies, it showed itself to ponies when it was needed, and the other greedy dragon took it.
>>
>>30955329
It was first discovered in his lair and the ponies took it because they didn't know about him. He took it back even though the ponies needed it and he didn't have a use for it.
You could say the Crystal Heart dragon passed away in that cave after a fight and then the other dragon moved in after its death.
>>
File: 1370528888387.gif (3MB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1370528888387.gif
3MB, 350x263px
>>30954979
Stop giving him ideas, you twat.
>>
>>30953816
So then who is Spike?
>>
>>30955381
I guess. Or you could just retcon the story. Wouldn't really work though because it removes the cleverness of their modern hero being a dragon despite the animosity of one in their founding myth.

>>30955483
Typhos, the dragon of Greek legend. Rewritten to have died defending the weak (ponies) for the shows sake.
>>
File: noose knot spike.png (345KB, 719x604px) Image search: [Google]
noose knot spike.png
345KB, 719x604px
>>30955483
a cuck that can never do anything right
>>
>>30953816
Actually, even if not real "reincarnation", it's obvious somekind of link must be between these legends and the Mane 6.
>>
>>30955870
A reincarnation is when one consciousness it reborn into a new body.
An incarnation is an avatar: a vessel inhabited by a deity or other metaphysical force, through which it interacts with the rest of the world.
Both groups are incarnations of the Elements of Harmony. Top group were probably the original element bearers.
>>
>>30954954
Don't be so sure, it's probably the finale. Remember how Twilight's key episode was the finale of S4?

there's a good chance that the Finale will be a twilight centric episode about her relation to starswirl, with the others as cameos at the end.
>>
>>30955998
That might me the case. But if the Elements were originally wore by the legends, who says the Elements "transfered" a part of the legends in the Mane 6? I mean, maybe the Legends are now "incarnated" in the Mane 6.
>>
I want you all to fuck off with your destiny and greater purpose bullshit. Last time they touched this we got twilicorn.
>>
>>30955998
>Both groups are incarnations of the Elements of Harmony. Top group were probably the original element bearers.
Except that Starswirl explicitly didn't understand friendship, and twilight does.
>>
>>30956056
No, technically the last time we had this we got legend of everfree, since Sunset talked about the group being "meant" to have their magic and pendants.
>>
File: eqg.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
eqg.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>30956144
>eqg
not canon
>>
>>30956131
You're misinterpreting Celestia's line.
She said Star Swirl didn't understand friendship the way Twilight does. That doesn't mean he was a social outcast with no friends. Celestia even tells us he befriended Scorpan, a non-pony who originally came to enslave them.
That demonstrates he had an understanding of friendship.
>>
>>30956231
yes, but >>30956048 states he was the bearer of the element of magic, I.E. FRIENDSHIP. I really can't see the pony who's supposed to be the personification of friendship itself not grasping what twilight grasped when she completed that spell.
>>
>>30956249
Maybe the problem was that Starswirl couldn't see people equally since he had to raise the sisters himself. Maybe he always saw his relationships has mentor/student.
>>
>>30956156
You can dislike EQG, that's fine; But you can't deny that the staff did that concept in another series as well without ending up with a Twilicorn scenario.
>>
>>30953816
I doubt its reincarnations but the mane six will probably get a magical item that was owned by one of the previous legends; meadowbrook's 8 magical items after all. (Though, why the fuck is it called "meadowbrook's 8 magical items" when she's clearly not the leader, that being starswirl)
>>
>>30953816
Reincarnation is a stupid idea. But then again, so would being distant descendants, which sucks because I want them all to tie in somehow, but both of those options are crap. Hopefully the creative team comes up with something better.
>>
>>30957293
might just say they have similiar personalities.
>>
>>30957268
I think that they didn't intend for any of these characters to be important until they suddenly decided that they should be. Kinda like how Starswirl was just an idea needed for a quirky Nightmare Night costume.
>>
>>30957632
They could have at least kept the RACES right; there's no reason they couldn't have had meadowbrook stay a unicorn after all.
>>
>>30957803
Earth ponies can use magic potions, they just can't cast spells like unicorns.
Meadowbrook could have imbued her items with magic elixirs or something of that ilk.
>>
>>30953816
>all mares
boy pony society sure has gone to shit hasnt it
>>
>>30957894
the stallions just all realized their place was at home making dinner for the mares and being their sperm banks.
>>
>>30957894
>>30957921
RGRE, please. It isn't like Flash Magnus or Rockhoof had particularly good stories anyway. Both had mediocre at best stories in show and their stories in the comics were more fucking disobedience of authority and becoming a fatass respectively.
>>
File: viking.jpg (800KB, 1280x769px) Image search: [Google]
viking.jpg
800KB, 1280x769px
>>30957947
and getting with hot viking chicks.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.