[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>timeskip of multiple months what the fuck was haber thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 12

File: 1505411014970.jpg (106KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1505411014970.jpg
106KB, 1920x1080px
>timeskip of multiple months
what the fuck was haber thinking?
How did rarity "call" photo finish to cancel the photo shoot?
>>
>>30951838
>Thinking this hard about the plot of a little girl's show

I dunno, maybe she did it off screen at some point? Relax faggot.
>>
>>30951838
>How did rarity "call" photo finish to cancel the photo shoot?
By phone?
Ponyville cleary could have at least one.
>>
>>30951896
And this is why you'll never have little children you fucking permavirgin
>>
>>30951838
This will be great if we see street rarity in future episodes.

>>30951954
Phones confirmed canon? Huh
>>
>>30951838
Did you know that
before the invention of the telephone
calling someone meant visiting them briefly to tell them something.

But that's moot since phones exist.
>>30951954
>>
Why is everyone making a big deal about the timeskip again?
>>
I think the real problem is Twilight saing there is no spell for hair, when she gave Spike a pair of mustache in Boast Busters
>>
>>30951838
Just turn your brain off man XD
>>
>>30952195
I'd like to see Rarity with mane made of mustache hair.
>>
>>30952104
Cause Anons on /mlp/ will flip shit over the smallest and slightest of details, but a timeskip is a bigger one given that we never have a solid sense of time in the show.
>>
>>30952195
She said there was no spell for manes, not hair.
>>
File: aDA3c.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
aDA3c.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>30951896
>thinking at all when Habers episode airs
>>
>>30952245
but manes are hairs. I should not be that fucking difficult for an alicorn princess to modify a spell
>>
That part didnt need to be in the episode at all
>>
File: 1504908433708.png (2MB, 1279x893px) Image search: [Google]
1504908433708.png
2MB, 1279x893px
>>30951896
The little girls love it
>>
>>30951896
Hi Jim
>>
>>30952276
Well, if we take what Twilight said in this episode. Those mustaches were getting yoinked from somewhere else.
>>
>>30952237
Because /mlp/ doesnt realize episodes don't happen in chronological order.
>>
>>30953907
>spend months growing out and styling your sweet stache to impress mares
>suddenly some asshole unicorn steals it from halfway across Equestria
Fucking Twilight
>>
>>30951838
They used Discord's smartphone.
>>
Literally every thread on the front page right now is a fucking circlejerk general with pointless bumps, and this thread is on page 3. I knew if I looked back far enough, I'd see the one thing Glimmerniggers hate even more than people that don't like their waifu:

Criticism of nu-MLP.

While we're at it, did anyone see that movie leak? It sounds record-breakingly cancerous. Fucking Vogel/Miller/Haber.
>>
>>30951838
>Implying it was the main probllem of this shit episode
>>
>>30954018
But the episode was good
>>
>>30954026
It wasn't good. It was shit.

You only think it was good because it didn't insult the bronies directly and "Tell them off" for having opinions and tastes and critiques and not being the good little girls Jim Miller "writes for". It didn't contain ridiculous continuity errors, like Fluttershy's lifelong dream suddenly being to own and run an animal shelter, even though her home has been one since episode one. Its conclusion wasn't yet another "Some OC exposits the episode's message to the characters or vice versa while the camera watches" shitshow.

And most of all... a certain magical Poochie. She didn't have the spotlight forced upon her, she didn't have a shit plot thrown together to give poochie something to do, other characters weren't dumbed down for her benefit, and she didn't do the impossible just because the writers said she could and the executives think kids will like the "Perfect character" more than they'd like some flawed "Unmarketable slut-shaming homophobic" pony from the mane six.

Starlight Glimmer wasn't in this episode.

This was a bad episode, clearly rejected season 1/2 material.

And it managed to be the best episode of the last two seasons thanks to the rare and single splash of originality and effort that was "Hey what if we put the fancy lady in punk clothes? Haha it's funny because they don't go together!".
>>
>>30954134
>Starlight Glimmer wasn't in this episode

You forgot the part where Twiggles and Glimshit combined their powers to explode the entire Friendship Castle into a giant ball of hair, DYEWTS?
>>
>>30954173
Oh, that background pony was Glimmer? I guess I didn't notice, since she didn't get shilled endlessly by hack writers in this episode.
>>
File: 835685.gif (324KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
835685.gif
324KB, 500x278px
>>30954134
>>30954264
>he thinks this is criticism
see, this is why no one gives a fuck what you think. if you want to bitch and moan about something people like at least bring something to the table other than your hate boner.
>>
File: rara blink.gif (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
rara blink.gif
27KB, 250x250px
>>30954134
>Faustfagging this hard
If you really want to know why I liked it then just read a post I made >>30954181
And to add to that, it was nice seeing Zecora again multiple times throughout the episode instead of just having her at the beginning and not appear again and it was good to see the rest of the Mane 6's unique attempts at creating a mane for Rarity
>>
>>30954026
No it wasn't. Conflict was contrived as fuck. Pinkie Pie was nothing but a plot device to create it, and was written out right after that. Mane 6 overall served no purpose, felt like a time filler and the only somewhat useful thing that came out of them was a reminder to Rarity that she as beautiful as she feels inside or some silly shit like this. After that Rarity resolves 'the conflict' on her own without any buildup whatsoever, coming up with the mane style that had shit to do with anything that happened prior.
The excuse why magic couldn't fix her hair felt forced and the law of Equivalent Exchange came out of nowhere(on one day Twilight turnes birds into oranges, but on another she can't make create some hair and glue it to someone's head). The new design lasted for a few minutes and then retarded time-skip returned everything to status quo. The whole photofinish set didn't felt like anything improtant and could've been cut out all together, it wouldn't change Rarity's or anyone reaction one bit.

The whole episode felt like Hasbro execs came to the writers and told them to make a new episode to sell their new toy and then writers half-assedly danced around the premise.
>>
>>30954486
at least you gave comprehensive reasons for the way you feel. i dont agree, but i respect it.
>>
>>30954486
>Conflict was contrived as fuck. Pinkie Pie was nothing but a plot device to create it, and was written out right after that.
As opposed to Rarity having her mane destroyed in some OTHER way?
What wouldn't you complain about as being a "plot device" for setting up the conflict?
This seems like you just bitching for no reason.

>time filler
>without any buildup
>the mane style that had shit to do with anything that happened prior
Discarded
The Mane 6 were all thinking of creative ways to make a mane, something that Rarity hadn't done before the end and what turned out to be the solution to her issue

>the law of Equivalent Exchange came out of nowhere
Except Glimmer literally stated in All Bottled Up that things don't just get created; you pull them from somewhere else

>The new design lasted for a few minutes
Just like Twilight's manecut in Castle Sweet Castle. Who cares?

>retarded time-skip returned everything to status quo
What the fuck did you expect to come from any of this?
Not every episode has to be some huge world-changing event that breaks new ground

>The whole photofinish set didn't felt like anything improtant
Rarity was stressed out because her photoshoot was coming up you idiot
It added tension
>>
>>30954562
> What wouldn't you complain about as being a "plot device" for setting up the conflict?
I don’t know, anything less contrived than unremovable party string used at the conveniently placed sneeze anniversary party or an old silly bottle switcheroo would work for me, hell even a bad haircut doesn’t sound as contrived. Moreover, I have more of a problem with Pinkie being JUST a plot device, and not with the plot device as a means to establish a conflict. The usage of character as plot device would be warranted in case the character would actively partake in the following shenanigans. For example if instead of wasteful and unnecessary usage of a whole bunch of characters, Pinkie and perhaps Zecora would’ve been the only ones actively helping Rarity to solve her problem.

> The Mane 6 were all thinking of creative ways to make a mane, something that Rarity hadn't done before the end and what turned out to be the solution to her issue
And nothing they did moved the plot along in any meaningful way. What was said eventually could’ve easily been said at the very beginning. Nothing they did made the final conclusion any more apparent, it was just a big waste of everyone’s time like most of this episode.

>Except Glimmer literally stated in All Bottled Up that things don't just get created; you pull them from somewhere else
First, all bottled up is the 7th season episode and it’s kinda late to establish such important rule. Second, iirc she talks about teleportation spell exclusively. And third, there was an instance where Twilight grew crops very fast and just as it happens most of the time, the law didn’t seem to be in effect. So what was stopping Glimmer or Twilight from at least using any other materiel to transmute into hair and then just stick to her head? Hell they could’ve sacrificed one of their haircuts for a day. But no, they needed an excuse to prolong the solution of ‘conflict’.
cont.
>>
>>30954562
>>30954969
> Just like Twilight's manecut in Castle Sweet Castle. Who cares?
Well then there was literally zero point in it, outside of toy production, wasn’t there?

> What the fuck did you expect to come from any of this?
I was expecting them not to resort to cheap writing techniques to write themselves out of the corner they put themselves in.
> It added tension
It adds nothing, you dumbass. Rarity is known for overreacting, especially when her appearance is in question, we didn’t need any additional reason to believe it was a problem. Plus it’s not like her not being in the magazine was made to be such a big deal.
>>
File: 1505446617924.jpg (64KB, 619x619px) Image search: [Google]
1505446617924.jpg
64KB, 619x619px
Lets say sunset threw her phone in the portal when it was active.
What would come out the other side?
>>
>>30955000

a dragon egg; one that hatches into a spike-like dragon whose breath can send letters
>>
File: Rarity Give a fuck.jpg (65KB, 375x800px) Image search: [Google]
Rarity Give a fuck.jpg
65KB, 375x800px
>>30951838

>How did rarity "call" photo finish to cancel the photo shoot?

Magic.

Twilight was using Spike to fax Celestia friendship lessons from S1E1 and you didn't have a problem with that.

>timeskip of multiple months

Meh, so? Its been two months next episode you watch that doesn't have Rarity in it happened then.
>>
>>30951838

This episodes greatest flaw was missing out on the obvious Cranky Doodle cameo.
>>
>>30953998
Its the first episode this season written and story edited by Haber.

As you can expect it's shit but still barely better than previous episode.
>>
>>30955030
>implying haber knows how cranky would be relevant
>>
>>30955030
Larson was the only one in love with references and continuity over older episodes, especially if they make joke work.
>>
>>30955037
So did you completely miss the part where Haber brings up Steven Magnet or are you just altering your perception so you can make your outdated "le writers don't watch the show lmao" meme work?
>>
>>30955174
Well, let's be honest here. It's much easier to reference something that happened in the very first two-parter, than something that happened in the middle of the show.
>>
>>30955037
this episode was full of callbacks though
>>
What I'm finding hard to believe is that its easier to teleport Hair off of other people from miles way rather than to speed up the natural growth of hair.
>>
>>30955203
Are you honestly going to make the claim that Haber can remember something from a season he was never apart of verses a season he was a writer for? Not to mention, good or bad, Slice of Life is one of the most important episodes in the series.
>>
>>30955233
Yes, I think it's much easier to remember the very first episode than numerous episodes in between even if you wrote some of them.
>>
>>30955215
They're unicorns. Their specialty's to find the most complicated solution to a problem.
>>
>>30955263
Like I said, Slice of Life was a BIG episode for the staff. It wasn't just another episode; it was special. I doubt anyone on the writing team at the time would forget it.
>>
>>30955301
Slice of Life had a lot of characters, so It's easy to forget some. While Steven Magnet was one of the few and also very memorable on its own.
>>
File: evil live.jpg (144KB, 449x422px) Image search: [Google]
evil live.jpg
144KB, 449x422px
>>30951975
>manchild who reads into little girl's show says others will never reproduce
IS THIS THE ACTUAL REALITY
>>
>>30954486
>>30954969
It sounds to me that you're setting your expectations waaaay too high, and then being disappointed when the product doesn't deliver to how you set up your expectations in mind, as opposed to setting your expectations low or average (but still fairly critical), and being pleasantly surprised when your expectations are surpassed.

Sounds like an issue of glass half-empty/glass half-full here.
>>
>>30955575
>"'cha, my dude, just lower your standards and DON'T criticize the pile of shit that you were served"
Fuck off
>>
>>30955631
Jesus fuck calm the fuck down you fucking autist.
>>
>>30955631
>DON'T criticize the pile of shit
Pleas point out where I stated or implied this.
>>
>>30955668
You say to "set your expectations low" but what you really mean is to apply a totally different set of standards to the show rather than the same objective set that is used for the critique of all other forms of entertainment
>>
>>30954173
>Implying I need to watch the show to criticise it
>>
>>30955688
I'm not talking about objectivity, I'm talking subjectivity on YOUR end. YOU set up YOUR expectations too high, and subsequently suffer from the consequences of doing so, namely having your expectation in mind fractured or even shattered. This is in no way states or implies that an objective level of criticism can be utilized to measure the show by the viewership at large, but by you setting up your standards so high, you are only setting yourself up for disappointment. Again, glass half-empty/glass half-full. You willingly choose to <subjectively> look at the glass half empty while others choose the opposite. There's nothing wrong with either, but you have to realize what you are setting yourself up for by choosing one side, which everybody does. Same applies to glass half-full types.

These subjective metrics do not impede on taking an objective look at the content in question, which can be done by both sides, however you are constantly hiding behind your subjective criticisms and proclaiming them objective, and when things don't turn out as you thought was objectively supposed to happen or be, you end up even more disappointed than before.

The higher you set your standards, the greater you will be disappointed when things don't quite measure up. The lower you set them, the great you will be surprised when they do. Perspective. Neither perspective stops an objective view of the content, but you keep thinking it does.
>>
>>30955741
>This is in no way states or implies that an objective level of criticism can be utilized
*can't
>>
>>30955575
Listen, I liked a bunch of episodes this season like A Royal Problem, The Perfect Pear, Rock Solid Friendship, All Bottled Up, Discordant Harmony, Fame and Misfortune. They weren't perfect, but the were solid. For this episode I didn't set my expectations too high, If anything I had no expectations for it whatsoever, and it still managed to disappoint me. There're glaring issues with it, some of them I didn't even mention. If you chose to ignore them, be my guest, but don't even try to make like they're my problem and not that of the episode..
>>
>>30955803
Ok fine, fair enough, however

>but don't even try to make like they're my problem and not that of the episode..
If significantly more people like it than not, (as in 75%+ or so) then the issue is in fact with you, and not the content.
>>
>>30955823
>If significantly more people like it than not, (as in 75%+ or so) then the issue is in fact with you, and not the content.
That's a fairly strange claim to make. I provided my reasoning why I think the episode was bad on a fundamental level. If you don't agree with my opinion you shouldn't resort to argumentum ad populum, but instead provide contre-argument. People may like it as much as they want, that won't make its flaws go away. If there're episodes that perfectly fit my defenition of what good or at least decent episode should be, there's no reason for me to lower my standarts for this particualr episode, neither there's a reason for me to assume that the show is unable to meet those standarts.
>>
>>30955884
My mistake. I should have included; if significantly more people liked it than you, then the issue is with you, AND you should change your statement from one of objectivity (This episode was shit) to one of subjectivity (I think/thought this episode was shit). This way there is much less of a misunderstanding, and people understand that you are making an opinion, not a claim of fact.
>>
>>30954981
>Well then there was literally zero point in it, outside of toy production, wasn’t there?
There's literally zero point to the whole series outside of toy production, you joyless faggot.
>>
>>30955923
>This way there is much less of a misunderstanding, and people understand that you are making an opinion, not a claim of fact.
But I may as well be. As I've already said there's only one way to prove me wrong.
>>
>>30955942
Some already have, and others most assuredly will, but I'm not here to debate those points. I just wanted to point out that ultimately, how happy or disappointed you end up depends on how you position your expectations.
>>
>>30955936
If the show had been trying to shove a new toy down my throat by making poorly written stories around it every other episode , I wouldn't have bothered watching it at all. I liked design of today's toy, but had the writers given me some credit and disguised thier poor product placement a little bit more, I would've been more inclined to let it slip.
>>
>>30955981
So far, you've been the only one to respondet to my post. Will see if it's to change tommorow.
>>
>>30956003
Your whole argument basically boils down to "it didn't go how I expected it to go and that's why it's bad".
>>
>>30956062
Not really, since I didn't expect shit from it. I just didn't like what it did and how it did. You can explain to me how I'm wrong, but something tells me it aint' happening
>>
File: Twilie soup.gif (2MB, 373x360px) Image search: [Google]
Twilie soup.gif
2MB, 373x360px
>>30956003
But there hasn't ever been an official toy with Twilight's punky manecut
Why are you saying this is "product placement" when there's no product to place?
>>
>>30956079
>I just didn't like what it did and how it did
Alright then, change it to "it didn't go how I wanted it to go and that's why it's bad".
>>
>>30956092
Because unlike Twilight's punky manecut which had a total of 10 seconds of the screen, this time design was fairly well-developed, with close and everything, had a fair bit of screen time(still too little to warrant it though, but enough to be considered an add) and the whole episode was built around it which somewhat reminds me of MMC and Power Ponies.
>>
>>30951954
Why can't Fluttershy call Discord to solve literally every problem?
>>
>>30956129
And what if there is no Rarity toy?
Are you going to change your mind?
>>
>>30956112
Well, if you can't read or your reading comprehension skills are lacking I can see how it could seem this way.

>>30956142
On the topic of product placement? Sure, what other choice would I have. It wouldn't make the writers look better though.
>>
>>30956184
>Well, if you can't read or your reading comprehension skills are lacking I can see how it could seem this way.
Alright, let's see here >>30954969 >>30954486
>I don't like how they introduced the conflict
>I don't like how they used the other characters
>I don't like how they showed that design and I've decided that's gotta be the sole reason they made this episode
>I don't I don't whine whine whine
Basically you're a giant pissbaby. Others have already addressed some of these points >>30954562
and your response is basically "nuh-uh".
>>
>>30956234
I explained my points pretty thoroughly, and of course you can reduce all of my complains to >I don't like (insert the writer's fuck up), because it's true and that's why I wrote those posts to begin with. However, you can't diregard argumentation that goes along with those posts just because it hurts your fee-fees and makes you feel inadequate for liking something of a shit quality.

Moreover, using your own simplification the >>30954562 is also nothing but 'nuh-uh', so I don't see what you're even trying to argue here. Any discussion where arguments and contre-arguments are presented can seem to dumb people like you like a constant repetition of 'nuh-uh' and 'yeah-hah', but that's why dumb people shouldn't interfere unless they suddenly developed intellegence to say anything of actual value.
>>
>>30956448
Why do you watch the show if you clearly hate it and everything the writers are trying to do?
>>
>>30956473
because it's the same 3 or 4 faggots spamming their hateboners in every thread and calling people hasdrones who don't hate the show as much as they do.
>>
>>30956448
>I don't like (insert the writer's fuck up), because it's true
See, but then you can't argue against that because it's YOUR personal opinion, your subjective non-liking.
You say the conflict introduction is contrived, but ANY conflict introduction could be argued as contrived (a haircut mix-up, really?).
You say the other ponies didn't serve any point, but they did, they were there to try different solutions until the emotional buildup was reached for the emotional solution to present itself. Had they solved Rarity's emotional state earlier it would've felt rushed and the others would truly have felt superfluous, only existing to say their line about inner beauty and finito.
Transmutation magic has been shown earlier in the show to not last long (see Twilight making a suit and hat for Spike only for it to turn back into stones as soon as she lost concentration).
The Photo Finish thing added a definite deadline. Rarity would have freaked out about her hair anyway, but without the photoshoot coming up, she wouldn't have had any reason to ask Twilight or anyone else for solutions when all she had to do was wait. Her being in the magazine was obviously a big deal to HER, so her friends doing it after all was a nice added emotional touch.
How long a certain design is on screen is an utterly asinine complaint.
Also
>ad hominem
>>
>>30955174
It's far more likely that haber watched the pilot than it is some random episode in the middle of a season he had nothing to do with
>>
>>30956708
>slice of life
>some random episode nobody remembers
Shiggity diggity, my little niggity.
>>
>>30951838
>timeskip
>next episode Raripunk is still a thing because it happened before the end of this episode

Could be cool.
>>
This episode was good. It had jokes, it had cute, it had a lot of character continuity and we got to see more Zecora. One of my favorite Rarara episodes.
>>
>>30957050
>One of my favorite Rarara episodes.
that title will always belong to suited for success imo
>>
>>30957071
I think that Suited for Success was actually one of the worse ones. Not terribly bad per se, but not one of my favorites.
>>
>>30957071
Sweet and Elite is peak rarara and you know it.
>>
>>30957149
it's incredibly relatable if you work in any creative fields
>>
>>30956141
She doesn't want to be a bother and it would feel like she's just using him.

He may also just not help, thinking it's hilarious so long as it doesn't affect FS directly.
>>
File: Ek6jgeF.png (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ek6jgeF.png
24KB, 200x200px
Everything in this thread is what's wrong with /mlp/. You fags could at least PRETEND not to be this cancerous.
>>
>>30957315
>show discussion is what's wrong with /mlp/
anon...
>>
>>30951838
It also doesn't make sense when those things punk-Rarity did would only be published then instead of a few weeks.
>>
>>30956473
Why do you think I hate the show? Because I don’t think it is perfect? Are only people who praise the show blindly allowed on this board?

>>30956569
>it's YOUR personal opinion, your subjective non-liking.
My personal opinion can have objectivity to it.

>You say the conflict introduction is contrived, but ANY conflict introduction could be argued as contrived (a haircut mix-up, really?).
When for your conflict to work, a bunch of not very plausible events have to occur in a row, you conflict becomes contrived. And yes in this sense a fuck-up by haircutter is a much less contrived, more believable and a much much more effective way to establish conflict without needlessly wasting everyone’s time than for Rarity to start preparing for (as you claim) her very important event only day before it, going to Pinkie Pie being fully aware of her antics without any sort of precaution, for Pinkie to have on this very day and anniversary for the first sneeze(!) of baby Cakes, celebration of which surely requires a party string, but not just any ordinary party string but a special unremovable kind and for Rarity to walk in on it(we’re already 5min in btw and we only established prelude to the main conflict), then for Zecora to prepare 2 different liquids with different qualities that look identical in appearance and to put them in the same kind of bottles without any way of telling them apart and you’d better believe they are going to be mixed for the silliest reason imaginable. We’re 10 minutes in and we only established conflict that feels forced and flimsy because so much if’s were conveniently at work here. If you don’t see a problem here suit yourself.
CONT.
>>
>>30956569
>>30959397
cont.
>You say the other ponies didn't serve any point, but they did, they were there to try different solutions until the emotional buildup was reached for the emotional solution to present itself.
We’re 10 minutes into the episode, we already have 2 established characters and then we just ditch them to introduce the rest of the mane 6 to the problem which seems very wasteful and unreasonable (specifically in Pinkie’s case, since she was the main reason shit went down in the first place). Especially considering that each of them on their own had at most 40 seconds of screen time and got nothing out of it at all. You talk about some mythical emotional buildup that had place, but I didn’t notice it. Rarity’s emotional state hardly changes, and they learn nothing that could lead them to the eventual conclusion. Those scenes had zero storytelling value; they were just there to fill air time. I don’t know how to make it any clearer. The whole purpose of those interaction was prolonging the episode until 18th minute when suddenly without any logical buildup whatsoever revelation comes to them and the problem suddenly stops being a problem. The solution of conflict essentially took around a minute, since nothing before it in any way assisted in reaching it.
CONT.
>>
>>30956569
>>30959397
>>30959401
cont.
But wait, the question arises, what was the problem that was solved? I thought the conflict was about Rarity being unable to attend the photo-shoot which at the end she kinda didn’t (until she did). Turns out that in the middle of the episode our main conflict was hijacked for the sub-conflict of Rarity losing confidence because of her ruined mane, which was established briefly in a one minute spawn when she couldn’t get attention of the ponies she already made arrangements with that very day. Now let’s compare the time the episode spend on each problem. The establishment and attempt at resolution of the ‘main’ conflict took 15 minutes of the screen time. The establishment and solution of the sup-problem took 3 minutes at most, and at the end it turned to be the more important one out of two. It doesn’t seem like writers themselves had any fucking idea what they wanted to do and how.

> it would've felt rushed
No fucking shit; because problem would’ve been solved right there and then, out of nowhere just like it happened in the episode, but this time they would’ve had 8 minute of unused air time on their hands and with the lack of disguise which would made a absence of an actual solution developed through meaningful character interactions so much apparent that, as we can see, even you would’ve picked up on it.

> Transmutation magic has been shown earlier in the show to not last long
We didn’t see cups Trixie created disappear. Rarity’s wings lasted for a long time, and so did cloud walking spell. There’s no reason to assume that at this point in time Twilight magic hasn’t grown much more powerful either, since everything seems to point out that it did and very much so. There’s also a moment in S1E6 where Twilight magics up a stache for Spike out of thin air, and it doesn’t disappear, it gets dispelled by her. Spike even calls it ‘growing magic’. Really makes you think
>>
>>30956569
>>30959397
>>30959401
>>30959408
> The Photo Finish thing added a definite deadline.
But at the end deadline was ignored.
> she wouldn't have had any reason to ask Twilight or anyone else for solutions when all she had to do was wait.
I don’t know, not being able to grab other ponies’ attention as she was in this episode seemed like a pretty big deal to writers, at least big enough for them to ditch the resolution of the initially established conflict for its sake. If anything getting rid of photo-shoot would drastically improve flaw of the episode making it less diffused. Plus who’re you kidding? Rarity would’ve tried to fix her hair as fast as possible by any means no matter the circumstances

How long a certain design is on screen is an utterly asinine complaint.
Well, this one is actually more of personal preference, but the implementation of the design left me dissatisfied.

> ad hominem
Yeah, it’s not like you called me pissbaby for saying your favorite episode was shit. Fuck off.
>>
>>30959414
>bein THIS mad
>>
>>30959592
How am I mad, I just explained why I thought episode was shit.
>>
>>30959621
you're full of shit
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.