[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was life like before the fandom guys? Looking back at the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: cry.png (532KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
cry.png
532KB, 900x810px
What was life like before the fandom guys?

Looking back at the old times, I realized how much it changed me as a person and how much it progressed me into being who I am.

I cried nearly every day until the show, then I laughed everyday and felt happy once I discovered the the fandom.

That's the reason I still watch the show, it brings me to a point of humbleness when I realized I probably would have shot up a school or killed someone, or myself if it wasn't for a simple fucking show and fan base.
>>
>>30943372
We were't fully aware that this was the future.
>>
>>30943372
I feel you 100%

the show happened to come out at a time when I was at an absolute lowest

in all it's innocence and stupidly happy charm, the show quickly became, for me at least, a tiny light's worth of respite from the troubled life that almost left me dead

im thankful for the ponies, I owe to them every week of having something to look forward to until I found myself enjoying life again

tfw
>>
>>30943372
>>
>>30943372
For me it was miserable and aimless.
Now it's slightly less miserable but still aimless.
So I'd say that's a net gain.
>>
>>30943388
I had the opposite experience, I found ponies during a brief bright spot in my life.

Now they give me refuge after it all came crashing down.
>>
I don't know. I was just out of highschool when I started watching MLP and turned 18 a month later. I don't know if it made my life better or worse. Sometimes I feel like it numbed my depression so that I never sunk low enough to want to change and better myself. Now it's been 6 years and I have no real future planned. I'm sitting 2 years out of college as a NEET without having a clue of what to do.

I thought back to highschool and how full of memories it was. By comparison in college all I did was go to school and then drive home. Never made any lasting or close friendships that went outside of school. The 6 years after highschool are just completely empty besides sitting on the computer looking at MLP related bullshit. I really do wonder if I had never gotten into this show if I would be in a better place or if my time would just be filled with other autistic garbage.
>>
when i started to watch i had 11 or 12 years, so was just i doing creepy things because i was a retarded kid, now i'm a creepy and retarded adult, but i'm happy.
>>
File: mB46K3N.png (3MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
mB46K3N.png
3MB, 2550x3300px
Well, I found Berrytube because of it and that is now the highlight of my weekend.
>>
File: 1435432585265.png (210KB, 574x526px) Image search: [Google]
1435432585265.png
210KB, 574x526px
>>30943372
I was 15 when I started watching the show, and I'm 20 now
>mfw it's consumed 25% of my life and that will only climb higher
>>
File: IMG_5586.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5586.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>30943412
they gave me the same kind of refuge, life itself didn't get any better and if anything I'm more tired now more than ever
it was just a bit more bearable for a while, thanks to the ponies
I'm probably going to kill myself this weekend, but a part of me is glad I didn't do it in 2011 so I could experience the whole pony thing, itbwas easily the highlight of my shit life these past couple of years

cheers /mlp/ for the good times
>>
File: celly cry.jpg (296KB, 1181x1748px) Image search: [Google]
celly cry.jpg
296KB, 1181x1748px
>>30943493
>>
Can anyone else confirm something for me?

When first watching this show I felt unbelievably happy. Almost like euphoria from drugs. Lasted about a month where all I could think about was ponys.

Those fist few nights of binge watching I have distinct memories. Sometimes a feeling or smell will take me back there. I also had no sex drive at all. And I masterbate almost daily. Anybody else have an experience like this?

On a related note ponys is how I met my girlfriend and lost my virginity . So I have Lauren to thank for that.
>>
>>30943549
That's a pretty standard experience from what I've seen. Truly falling in love with something does weird things to a person like you described.
>>
>>30943549
Yes, except I was high for like a year or more. I remember thinking "this must be what finding Jesus feels like".
>>
>>30943557
I've been chasing that feeling because it felt so right. But the show isn't a young fresh face anymore and to me at least it's been posiened by the fandom. I guess love is fleeting. Season 1 back in 2011 was different, I even met friends I still have because of it. Being in the fandom back then felt like I was part of something different but also very cool because it was sort of exclusive and not too many people were cranking out pony content so I digested everything. Now there is an overwelminh sense of dread in the fandom. People wonder why creaters jumped ship, but it's just not fun for them anymore.

I used to have an oc, write fanfiction,edit videos, and draw. Now I just watch the show when I can because I promised myself that as long as it didn't turn to complete ass I would still watch it. Some episodes still give me major feels. I know the series finale will make me cry because they just have to send this cartoon off like when Spock died. Shoot it off into the sunset. It's positivly effected so many peoples lives. And I hope someday it will get the respect it deserves that we, the fandom have stolen from it.
>>
>>30943602
>and to me at least it's been posiened by the fandom
I had that problem for a while. Specifically I took the stuff here a bit too seriously and let it affect my enjoying the show, but once I learned to take it easy and just come here to see what others think as opposed to letting it affect my opinion I got out of my funk with the series. Too much worry and doubt can put everything in a negative light. Best to just enjoy what you can with the cute ponies and not let the past or the staff situation bring you down.

I just hope we have a proper series finale and this doesn't die with a wimper if they do drive the quality into the ground. It'll be sad either way, but I'd like to see the series end on the staff's terms in a good way if possible.
>>
>>30943611
I generally try not to take it seriously. I don't know who any of these horse famous people /mlp/ obsesses over. I don't stalk the staff of twitter. I want the finale to be a swan song to the series. I want it to be at least feature length,take everything they have learned over the past 7+ years and put it to use. Have twilight maybe open up her own school since she's a teacher now. Have the main six become legends. Oh and have the last shot be of a filly reading about them in the same book from season 1 episode 1. God I would literally die if they did that.
>>
>>30943413
I....

Fuck. That's me to a T, though admittedly I fell away from the actual show almost five years ago.
>>
Bump, because it's good to talk about these things.
>>
>>30943769
>I fell away from the actual show almost five years ago.

>fan of the fandom
>>
File: fatal-error.png (70KB, 1000x341px) Image search: [Google]
fatal-error.png
70KB, 1000x341px
>>30943493
i'm just the same as you, /mlp/ makes my shitty life a little more bearable and i'm glad to find it and be part of the fandom
>>
>>30943372
Yeah, I mean I have other interests but something will always be missing after the show and fandom ends.
>>
I was 13 when watching it in secret on my 3DS. Couldn't watch it on TV because my family would think I'm gay

I remember my little bro catching me while watching and I felt like shit.

Can't believe I used to use a 3DS
>>
>>30943372

I'm sorry I ever started watching it.
>>
>>30943372
Pony had already existed for 5 years when I started watching, and when I first found out about MLP and its fandom a year before, I immediately hopped onto the "bronies are subhumans and MLP is a terrible show" bandwagon. Fast-forward to Christmas 2014, and life was pretty shitty. I mulled over what to do with mysef, and one thing that crossed my mind was to find a show to be addicted to. It took me two weeks to convince myself to give MLP a try, as I had "hated" the show before then without having ever seen it. I watched my first episode on youtube, which was actually s1 e4 iirc, the one where Twilight is trying to decide who to give the extra gala ticket to. It didn't stick right away, but late one night about a week later, I watched the season 1 premier on Netflix. I proceeded to binge MLP on netflix all night every night until I got to the end of s4, which was as far as the show had gotten at that point. The rest is history.
>>
Honestly, things were probably better in some ways before the show.

Also worse?

I made some good friends but I've also wasted an enormous amount of time that would be better spent on anything else.
>>
>>30946716
I bet you feel really dumb about how you used to think now.
>>
>>30943372
Same felt depressed for a long time in school and in life eventually found the show and I liked it and I changed except now I get angry really fast and I don't know why.
>>
File: oh shit low res man.jpg (115KB, 687x684px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit low res man.jpg
115KB, 687x684px
>>30943549
Holy shit are you me?
>incredible uplifting feeling
>nofap for three months
>ponies consume life

I can still remember the fall air and the sound of my marching band when I started watching
>>
>>30950833
Weird I had a marching band outside my house cause I lived next to the highschool. For me it's a musty smell mixed with coffee from staying up all night at my parents house. Used to watch it on a families computer. Man I miss those days. Before I came to 4chan I used to browse bungie.net. had a script so that everyone could customize their posts and profile. Had book horse profile picture and joined a private brony group with hundreds of members. This one autist would post his Fluttershy clopfic with his self insert a d everyone treated him like a freak bit tolerated him. If only I had known I would turn into him...
>>
>>30943372
I was a lost cause way before getting on the ride.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.