[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that at the end of season 7 Twilight Sparkle and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 444444444321.png (64KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
444444444321.png
64KB, 300x169px
Reminder that at the end of season 7 Twilight Sparkle and the rest of the mane 6 are opening up a school of friendship.

And it is honestly one of the worst changes to the show I can think of. It doesn't fit any of the mane 5s characters and nothing set it up in earlier seasons or even in season 7. Compare it with the CMC, who have a similar goal now, but it was given a lot of set up in the previous seasons and in some pretty subtle examples as well, and it really fits their characters. This doesn't work at all for the mane 6 and is really just ripping off the CMC at this point I guess even the writers are starting to realize the CMC are their better characters.
>>
I don't see the big deal to be honest. So what, they're founding a school? It's not like they're gonna work/teach there full time. It'll mainly be Twilight's school and the others will be around to help out every now and then.

Friendly reminder that Celestia established a school for the sole purpose of finding the one unicorn that could save her sister, and hasn't given a shit about the place since
>>
File: THIS IS THE END.png (1MB, 1920x7530px) Image search: [Google]
THIS IS THE END.png
1MB, 1920x7530px
>>30941012
and the prophesy will come true
>>
>>30941160
About half of the CMCs post cutie mark episodes are about them helping people and while this isn't a problem because the set up makes sense, imagine the mane 6 getting that amount of time for their school.
>>
>the show is becoming another fairly off spongesimpsons
>>
It doesn't matter. The show has had next to zero good ideas for arcs and lore since season 2. It's just par for the course.

>Luna retconned with no explanation.
>Dragon lore went from mysterious to shallow and terrible.
>Princess Cadence and the crystal kingdom never got any real development.
>Twilight become a Princess in a nonsensical way.
>Equestria Games arc was awful all the way through.
>Elements of harmony were lazily thrown away and pretty much never spoken of again.
>The key box lead to a shitty toy castle.
>Flurry Heart never got explained despite teasing lore behind it.
>Rainbow Dash gets into the Wonderbolts with zero spectacle and completely wastes everything they built up to.
>Starlight Glimmer was brought into the main cast too quickly which made her feel forced. >Starlight Glimmer destroyed what was left of the magic lore, making it even more into just overpowered do anything nonsense.
>CMC getting their cutie marks have just lead them to the writers lazily exploring basic ideas for cutie marks related stories. Never even do anything with Diamond Tiara again despite being the biggest part of them getting their cutie marks.
>Fluttershy changed from cute and charming to a completely unlikeable cunt
>Discord was turned into a "nice guy" and is only still here because of the staff's love of de Lancie
>Celestia took forever to get a focus episode and in the end it didn't do much for her character.
>Daring Do world is boring and undeveloped. >The legends arc is now trying to force down "deepest lore" shit by expanding the world with shallow 3 minute stories but the staff ignores the current world by putting shit like modern toy stores into ponyville.
>The movie's display of outside Equestria introduces human proportioned anthros with scales that clash with the non pony creatures we already have.
>>
>>30941312
>CMC getting their cutie marks have just lead them to the writers lazily exploring basic ideas for cutie marks related stories. Never even do anything with Diamond Tiara again despite being the biggest part of them getting their cutie marks.

Every episode so far relating to their cutie marks has been good. They aren't just going for the generic, CMC help other people like they did when they were looking for their marks, but rather took the approach that deconstructed the flaws of their old approach and made them grow because of it.
>>
>>30941224
>imagine the mane 6 getting that amount of time for their school.
As opposed to their roles continuing to be diminished as the show goes on? They were desperately in need of something new to do as a group and this gives them something new to do as a group.
>>
>>30941335
I'd prefer them focus on new characters than force the mane 6 into relevance. Just focus on Glimmer, Thorax, Trixie, Maud, Spike, and the CMC if you can't work anything good for the mane 6. Those characters still have a lot of story potential, don't force the mane 6 to do something that has no relevance to their characters.
>>
>>30941012
Makes as much sense as the other 5 getting thrones.
>>
>>30941312
The EoH will taken out of the tree of harmony and Twilight will resigned as princess in the future.
>>
>>30941172
I must be stupid because "princess aurora" does give me any results on USPTO
>>
>>30941349
If the six of them still had the elements of harmony, it would make sense for them to have thrones; that would technically make them the most powerful entities in equestria after all.
Not anymore now that the elements are gone from the show for good, but if they DID it'd make sense.
>>
>>30941012
SOURCE? I KEEP SEEING THIS WRITTEN I NEED A SOURCE GOOGLE GIVES ME NOTHING

SORRY FOR YELLING I HAVE A BROKEN KEYBOARD
>>
>>30941401
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD8Q_USb1PU
>>
>>30941410
HOW DOES THIS SHOW SCHOOL OF FRIENDSHIP? AM I RETARDED? IS THAT NOT THE CASTLE?
>>
File: skool.png (1MB, 1000x1024px)
skool.png
1MB, 1000x1024px
>>30941428
Chrysalis calls them teachers for the school, and the season 8 image here is presumably the school.
>>
>>30941346
I don't want another season 6. You could tell that Haber and Vogel put zero effort into the mane 6 stories and just gave them to the new writers while focusing on their own pet projects.

We really need to have a season where things start go really wrong for the mane 6 and give them something to build back up to. We're at such a stagnant place where there just feels like there's no conflict anymore and they're just building up new achievements without ever having to maintain any of their old ones. I want to see bad things happen that last for more than one episode and give you something to look forward to being resolved in the future. Let one or both of Rarity's new boutiques fail. Let Rainbow Dash start feeling the pressure of the military aspect of the Wonderbolts. Break up the Apple Family by having the CMC graduate with Apple Bloom moving to her own place and Big Mac leave to be with Sugar Belle. There's so many avenues of conflict that would keep the show interesting but they refuse to make problems last outside the scope of a a episode.
>>
>>30941443
Season 7 has focused much more on side characters. We are getting five CMC episodes, at least three Glimmer episodes and multiple episodes with other side characters. Season 7 has been great because of this. The weakest episodes of the season so far are all ones that heavily rely on the mane 6, fluttershy leans in was boring and had no real character struggle and honest apple was just shit.

I think it would be a mistake to write the best characters out of the show, unless focusing on the CMC/Big Mac still happened, but even then, they are some of the few characters who make the mane 6 interesting when they are on screen together. AJ is good when she is with her entire family and Dash/Rarara/AJ are good when they are with their sisters.
>>
File: STF vs FaM.png (471KB, 2554x1024px) Image search: [Google]
STF vs FaM.png
471KB, 2554x1024px
>>30941012
I bet it'll be Fame and Misfortube 2.0
>>
>>30941346
>stop focusing on the mane six
>focus on glimmer and her new band
You. I don't think I like you.
>>
>>30941591
They are better characters than the mane 6 at this point.
>>
>>30941699
Replacing the mane 6 does not fix bad writing
>>
>>30941765
It does when the supporting characters are written well. Glimmer + friends haven't actually had a bad episode yet unless you count the crystaling (in which case, the glimmer parts were the only interesting parts) and the CMC haven't had a bad episode since Carts (and that episode was bad only because of the mane 6) and if you ignore that one, they haven't had a straight up bad episode since season 2.
>>
>>30941531
It was great though.
>>
>>30942140
So did every other ""bronies"", but they also liked SoL so what do they know?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.