[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just realized something. Glimmer can is a stronger magic user

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: 55555555555234.png (39KB, 180x101px) Image search: [Google]
55555555555234.png
39KB, 180x101px
I just realized something. Glimmer can is a stronger magic user than Twilight or even Starshirl because she is able to use the cutie mark swap spell without a scroll.
>>
New Element of Magic.
Guess Tara wanted too much money to continue.
>>
>>30940579
>Guess Kelly's bribing the staff to use Glimglam in more episodes
FTFY
>>
>>30940572
I'm pretty sure it's not the same spell. And Glim's speciality is cutie mark magic. She's better at that than anyone.

Now, I personally think given enough time, Twi and Gilm will be more magical than Starswirl. He was an old as fuck mage, he was probably around their level when he was that young.

Overall though, Twilight will be the strongest. You just can't get more OP than alicorn magic.
I mean when fighting Tirek everyone could have given their magic to Luna or Celestia, but they picked Twilight. She's got the most Mary Sue potential and power.

Glimmer will probably end up her Starswirl, court wizard type deal, I mean she already lives in the castle.
>>
>>30940572
>>30940572
She's never used a scroll fir cutie mark magic, she used a scroll to fuck with time travel and even then she had to use Starswirl's scroll or else she wouldn't have been able to do jackshit, when it comes to her magic she's still just a bad OC but I wouldn't say she's stronger than Twilight or Starswirl
DYEWTS?
>>
>>30940644
>Glim's speciality is cutie mark magic.
This has never been stated in any episode or confirmed by any staff member working on the show.
>>
>>30940982
No, but she's pretty fucking good at it, better than anyone we've seen. And with now magic was originally presented, it's pretty clear it's her special talent.
>>
>>30940982
Its what she dedicated her researches to.

>>30940572
To downplay glimglam, switching princesses cutie marks is equal exchange.
>>
>>30941139
She's good at all magic, as shown in ELTSD. She was doing shit with spells that even Twilight hadn't considered apparently. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Starlight is the new element of magic and the other five have to find suitable successors as well
>>
>>30940572
>without a scroll
That's implying Twilight didn't teach her everything she knows, which she pretty much said she did. I'd assume at some point she asked Twilight about the scroll that caused her to become a princess and studied it for herself.
>>
>>30940644
>I mean when fighting Tirek everyone could have given their magic to Luna or Celestia, but they picked Twilight. She's got the most Mary Sue potential and power.
They gave it to Twilight because Tirek didn't know about the fourth alicorn. Of course the dumbasses forgot to smash the stained glass window depicting the said fourth alicorn before moving on with the plan
>>
>>30941242
they gave it to her because as the element of magic she'd be the one most capable of controlling all that magic, according to celly
>>
>>30941165
I doubt they'd ever do that.
Anyway, she's good at all magic, cause she's a really powerful unicorn, and specifically good at her cutie mark stuff.
You have to remember the VAST majority of unicorns can only do basic spells and then something magical specific to their special talent.

Trixie for instance, is well above average for a unicorn, but no where near Glimmer, or Twilight's tier.

As to her messing with spells that Twilight hasn't considered, very true. But that's just more a testament to how she does magic not her raw ability.
Glimmer uses emotion and feels her magic, more akin to an artist and can create and think of new and different things.
Twilight is methodical and logically it's hard for her to think out of the box, it's one of her weaknesses. But, to get back to power, when she figures something out or actually manages to think out of the box she has done some crazy things.

>>30941242
Kek forgot about that. I forgot how great the writing can be.

>>30941286
Which is a similar to my explanation.
>>
>>30940572
The scrolls are basically recipes. Once you learn them, you don't need them.
>>
File: glim_glam_unerving_smile.png (285KB, 377x768px) Image search: [Google]
glim_glam_unerving_smile.png
285KB, 377x768px
>>30942556
then why no more time travel after the scroll ripped? are the scrolls themselves magic?
>>
>>30940572

I just realized something. YOU'RE FUCKING GAY.
>>
File: 1482282745213.gif (180KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482282745213.gif
180KB, 400x400px
I want to make a Celestia taco! I want to shove sour cream, shredded lettuce, minced hamburger meat, diced tomatoes, black beans, shredded cheese and a soft tortilla shell up Princess Celestia's ass and see if she can shit me out a taco. The use of magic does NOT count!
>>
>>30942644
it would appear so. Perhaps the scrolls aren't magic in and of themselves, but rather like wands made for a specific purpose. The scroll would most likely transfer the raw magical energy into the spell. That's why Twilight, without knowing or practicing the spell, could perform it to affect her friends, and why Glimmer could use Starswirl's scroll to affect time, despite that being a very high-level spell. Just my explanation for it, so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
File: 8AQbkDa.png (558KB, 620x432px) Image search: [Google]
8AQbkDa.png
558KB, 620x432px
>>30942766
>>
File: 19248238423942343.png (24KB, 591x210px) Image search: [Google]
19248238423942343.png
24KB, 591x210px
>>30940572
>>30940601
More like Mike Vogel's ugly self insert OC.
>>
>>30942644
Because they didn't think about it.
>>
>>30940572
You don't need a scroll if you know a spell by heart. Twilight casts many spells from books in S1 in particular, only to cast them from memory later.

The cutie mark swap is an advanced spell, sure, but probably not a highest level one.
While both are generalists, both Twilight and Starlight have a small additional specialty on top, for Starlight it's cutie-mark spells, for Twilight it's spatial distortion like teleportation and inverting gravity.
>>
>>30942644
The spell is likely too complex to memorize with any real clarity. Magic is a science, the spell was once invented, and with the right framework and research it can be recreated.

No one can cast the spell at the moment because the knowledge within is lost, but it's only a matter of time and effort before someone rediscovers the knowledge.
Rediscovers the recipe, as someone said.
>>
>>30943830
reminder that romania will always be a shithole.
>>
File: Glimmer cutie mark.jpg (13KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
Glimmer cutie mark.jpg
13KB, 550x550px
>>30940982
Her cutie mark is a cutie mark with magic over it.
>>
File: 1401731441269.gif (1MB, 400x257px) Image search: [Google]
1401731441269.gif
1MB, 400x257px
>>30941322
>I forgot how great the writing can be.
>great
Haha, I get it!
>>
>>30943830
Fucking neck yourself, autist
>>
File: twilight sneakily taking notes.gif (798KB, 468x501px) Image search: [Google]
twilight sneakily taking notes.gif
798KB, 468x501px
>>30940572
Glimmer's Cutie swap spell is not the same as the spell from MMC. Glimmer's swapped the marks and nothing else, while Twilight's swapped the elements, marks, memories, destinies, and their "true selves".

You can't really compare the two.
>>
>>30940572
>I'm absolutley faster than you than you because I can run this very specific race faster than you can
>>
>>30944600
Glimmer is well written though.
>>
>>30945655
Said no one ever
>>
>>30945681
Not that guy, but she really is. She had a lousy backstory, but they've handled her steady reformation well, and I love her sardonic relationship with Trixie. Go watch To Change a Changeling again and tell me she and Trixie weren't well-written.
>>
>>30945710
Her relationship with Trixie is realistic. Everything else about Starlight is a pile of bad writing and non-sensical garbage
>>
>>30945710
I don't even think her backstory is bad, nessarily. I would just say that it's incomplete.
>>
>>30940572

She was able to remove and store cutie marks from day 1 in the series. It's her signature spell.

This is just slapping them back on another pony instead of a jar and triggering the Equality Curse.
>>
>>30945710
Whoops, why was that screencap microscopic.
>>
>>30945880
You saved a thumbnail, lad, it happens to the best of us.
>>
>>30945972
No, it was my own screencap. See the filename.

My computer must have produced a thumbnail of my screencap.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.