[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mlp/ think of the CMC and their episodes? Why are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 22

File: 455555555555522.png (973KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
455555555555522.png
973KB, 1280x720px
What does /mlp/ think of the CMC and their episodes? Why are they the best characters on the show?
>>
>>30939527
Annoying and you're a pedo.
>>
>>30939527
What's with the hyper-autistic focus on them recently?
>>
>>30939600
People are realizing that the mane 6 are written pretty poorly compared to them and Glimmer.
>>
>>30939527
Who ever in the office said that they should start sounding older is a negerkuk
>>
>>30939908
Why? I like their new voices more. Besides, the writers are making it clear that the CMC are growing, older voices are more fitting for them.
>>
>>30939672
>People
You mean (You)? I can say something like "the sky in Ponyville shouldn't be turquoise anymore", samefag several times and pretend that's the board's new consensus too.
>>
>>30939600
It's one guy.
>>30939672
>>
>>30940026
You can rest assured that there will be plenty of episodes where they are little fillies doing little filly mistakes and getting in trouble like little fillies. So I really don't think they should have done that, they should have changed their voicing style to still sound like little fillies instead of going "fuck it, just talk in your every day voice"
>>
>>30940030
Or you can pretend that rather than multiple people actually hold an opinion, one guy is responsible for posting an opinion you dislike a large number of times.
>>
>>30940054
There is nothing stopping them from still doing that, it's not like they are adults yet, just older than they were in season 1. It would be bad if they started acting like they did in Staremasters again, but Hard to Say Anything is completely reasonable for them.
>>
>>30940166
We clearly need an episode with their voices getting stolen by some random beast and NOT getting returned, with the moral of the story as you must move on eventually.
Best episode of season 8.

The decision still sucks, if we get the CMC in the movie speaking in their everyday voice I'm going to stand up an leave to cry in the bathroom
>>
>>30940191
Apple Bloom is confirmed to have a role in one of the songs, but that is likely a brief cameo with the rest of AJs family.

>We clearly need an episode with their voices getting stolen by some random beast and NOT getting returned, with the moral of the story as you must move on eventually.

I could only see them do that plot if one of the voice actors left.
>>
>>30940213
It already feels like 2 of them left.
>>
File: 714 book kissu.png (263KB, 342x678px) Image search: [Google]
714 book kissu.png
263KB, 342x678px
They're wonderful. All three among my top 6 favorite ponies, and all have long lists of loveable, waifu-worthy traits that'll go well into their adulthood. They deserve lots of admiration and respect as deeply explored and developed characters who we've seen grow for so long.

All of Apple Bloom's episodes, in my view, are important and do well to explore the depth of her character. I hope for more of the pleasant mix of deep exploration of their characters, with adorable and light stuff like that recent camping episode, in the future. So far, as a Bloomfag, this season has had me happy. I hope they get more songs, and solo ones, and get another bit older next season. I've been able to feel convinced that they've been growing well this whole time and are in their teens now, but it would be very appreciated for them to get a bit bigger and be done with school, to see more of them and remove some ambiguity.
>>
File: 4444444412341234123412.png (71KB, 420x118px) Image search: [Google]
4444444412341234123412.png
71KB, 420x118px
>>30940262
>I've been able to feel convinced that they've been growing well this whole time and are in their teens now, but it would be very appreciated for them to get a bit bigger and be done with school, to see more of them and remove some ambiguity.

They actually are bigger than they were in season 2. Season 7 has been a lot kinder to them than season 6, which gave them carts before the ponies, AKA the worst episodes in the show, all four of their episodes are in my top 5 for the season at the moment, they have just been that good.
>>
>>30940293
Yeah but in season 1 and 2 their size is all over the place
>>
File: 5455555555555.png (890KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5455555555555.png
890KB, 1280x720px
>>30940380
They look bigger than the other foals.
>>
>>30940459
They are behind them and not in line with them, that's how you show that
>>
File: 708 painting sweating 2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
708 painting sweating 2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>30940293
It sure has been kinder. Season 6 didn't feel so nice to me either, and that was a shame, considering that the Bloomy episode contained all the good stuff that I love about her episodes, along with a good song. I hope it wasn't her last chance for a focus episode. I'd really like one at some point that leaves me with a more content feeling in the end.
>>
>>30940470
What about the foal next to sweetie belle? She is bigger than him.
>>
File: not really.png (399KB, 572x445px) Image search: [Google]
not really.png
399KB, 572x445px
>>30940557
>>
>>30940590
Aren't colts supposed to be bigger than fillies?
>>
>>30939672
this, but unironically

The fact they're younger than the main cast, have goals in common and are just three, makes character development and dynamics more organic.
>>
>>30940629
This is what has been stagnating the mane 6. The older sisters are usually written well when interacting with the CMC and outside of garbage like carts before the ponies, some of the older sisters best moments are when they are with the CMC.
>>
>>30940534
She has had the most focus episodes of any CMC, so she probably isn't getting one for a bit.
>>
>>30940881
That's fair. So long as I don't have to accept the ending of OYM as being the ending of her solo focus development and the conclusion of her finding herself and all that, I believe I'll be happy with the distribution of attention between them from this point on.

This season's kept the balance well, and The Perfect Pear gave her a generous enough role for me to happily accept it as the height of the attention she's getting this time around. If things continue as they are, I think it'll be alright to believe and hope that season 8 could give her another good episode too, or at least won't leave me sad and disappointed.
>>
>>30941166
I am still waiting for an Apple Bloom episode where she challenges a tradition of the apple family.
>>
>>30941254
Isn't she frequently at odds with the rest of her family? First by trying to prevent Granny Smith from giving a presentation, even though she was there when the whole town was founded; or when she feared she would get a non-apple-related CM.
>>
>>30941280
Yea, its a pretty prevalent character trait that could make for a good episode. Carts kinda tried something with it, but they made AJ so terrible in that one. I was thinking more like AB wanting to use potions to help with farming and her family being against it.
>>
>>30941280
They all have their disagreements, as shown well in Pinkie Apple Pie. I don't think she's especially more often disagreeable with them than the others can be. She's good at doing her chores and doesn't complain about it, and is interested in the history of her family. She loves her family as much as the rest of them love each-other, but does value tradition and things like that much less firmly than her sister does, so it's still a great idea for an episode.

As for the fear of getting a non-Apple cutie mark, her fear of abandonment and not belonging is something else entirely, in my opinion. She also was afraid of not belonging with her friends, even after they got their marks. That trait of hers could still play a part.
>>
>>30941374
It happens a lot more with apple bloom compared to someone like big mac or granny smith.
>>
File: Leap of Faith.png (1MB, 1106x952px) Image search: [Google]
Leap of Faith.png
1MB, 1106x952px
>>30941714
I think it only seems that way because we don't get episodes about them so much, and in some cases because she was young and learning. The way Pinkie Apple Pie painted the family, again, did so in a way that implies they all contribute to things like that sometimes. With Family Appreciation Day, Apple Bloom's embarrassment and shame from the bullying and convincing from DT&SS way back then doesn't come off to me at all as an especially poor relationship, but just a normal young girl with her priorities briefly confused by the pressure of her peers, which she recognized and apologized for afterwards, with the end showing a very good and mutually caring relationship. She initially defended Granny to Diamond Tiara, but the girl's talent is getting others to do what she wants, and confused her. I believe she has a very healthy relationship with her family and is much more often supportive and kind rather than at odds.

She has her uniqueness and normal disagreements with Applejack, but I wouldn't call that being against her family at all. I can't remember a time where she had conflict with them that wasn't a normal disagreement or Applejack being just as much to blame.
>>
>>30939672
The actresses are literally twice the age they were when they recorded the first episode.
If you simply stopped watching the show maybe Hasbro could cancel it and release us all from the ride.
>>
File: ls.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ls.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>30939527
my favorite is scootaloo
>>
>>30941954
I was thinking more about being against traditions of the family than being against her family altogether.
>>
File: 1065705.png (472KB, 1100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1065705.png
472KB, 1100x1400px
>>
>>
File: grab.png (563KB, 850x994px) Image search: [Google]
grab.png
563KB, 850x994px
CMC thread?
>>
File: Chris Hansen.png (132KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
Chris Hansen.png
132KB, 427x640px
>>30939527
>>
File: 1498768322_zalakir_fillies.png (127KB, 690x594px) Image search: [Google]
1498768322_zalakir_fillies.png
127KB, 690x594px
>>30943780
>>
>>30940293
No, they aren't. There's been too much inconsistency (especially in the first couple of seasons with the limited animation) in sizes to say there's been definite growth.
>>
>>30944572
Maybe, but I dont remember the CMC ever being that big in the earlier seasons.
>>
File: 1227589.jpg (1MB, 1752x1661px) Image search: [Google]
1227589.jpg
1MB, 1752x1661px
>>
File: mild_giggle.png (44KB, 442x281px) Image search: [Google]
mild_giggle.png
44KB, 442x281px
>>
File: twiggywiggy.png (302KB, 489x804px) Image search: [Google]
twiggywiggy.png
302KB, 489x804px
>>30939535
I just want to fuck little fillies anon
just imagine how tight and soft their baby skinned pussies are
she'd look at you, wondering what you're doing on top of her, looking quizzically at your throbbing cock, asking you what's the name of the game you're going to play
you'd kiss her on the forehead first and she'd giggle, then you'd kiss lower, and lower, on her lips, just like adults do
then you'd keep going down, she'd giggle again and tell you it tickles as you linger on her belly button for a moment
then you'd go lower, and her nipples would get hard from your wet tongue lapping at them, and a moan would escape her small mouth
for the first time in her life, she would moan
for you
you could smell her now, and you could see her heart shaped pearl part her lips every few seconds to wink at you
but you'd kiss her thighs first, your hands roaming all the way up her neck, again, and again
she'd just look at you in awe, she'd never felt this way before
what's happening to me? she'd ask
and you wouldn't respond with words, but by kissing her soft flower
she'd jolt in surprise
then your tongue would part her lips, and you'd lap at her pearl
and you'd taste her
she'd moan again and you'd see her extend her littles hooves as they curl in pleasure
did you like that? I'd ask
she'd say, yes, I think
and I'd tell her to get ready because that's just the beginning
and I'd kiss
and lap
and kiss
and suckle
her hindhooves would close around my face as her front hooves would find their way to the top of my head, wordlessly telling me to stay exactly where I am
wordlessly asking me to keep going
to give her more
less than a minute later, she'd start trembling, her high pitched mumbles hitching in her throat as I finish her off by focusing on her beautiful heart-shaped pearl
and I'd keep on lapping every drop of love she'd give me
she'd need a good two minutes to recover from that, and I'd give her the respite, switching target from her flower back to her upper-half
>>
>>30939527
>What does /mlp/ think of the CMC and their episodes?
I generally like them, and have liked them since S2, I think Foal Free Press was the turning point
>Why are they the best characters on the show?
You are literally cancer for asking such a leading question. Fuck off.
>>
>>30943780
I want to go back in time to when I was a kid and get molested by these three
>>
File: smol.png (360KB, 1280x839px) Image search: [Google]
smol.png
360KB, 1280x839px
>>30946906
Like this?
>>
>>30947054
No, baby play is degeneracy and literally shit
Old enough to be able to impregnate them but too young to be able to overpower them

Or I could stay an adult, they'd just have to find a way to tie me up or smth
Blackmailing is fun too
>>
File: cart butt.png (604KB, 1068x810px) Image search: [Google]
cart butt.png
604KB, 1068x810px
>>
File: 615 desire blush2.png (826KB, 1112x838px) Image search: [Google]
615 desire blush2.png
826KB, 1112x838px
>>
Their books are good too.
>>
>>30947075
>No, baby play is degeneracy and literally shit
>I want to go back in time to when I was a kid and get molested by these three
>degeneracy
>>
>>30939527
>CMC and their episodes?
Typically suffer from the Hollywood Kid-script syndrome.

Meaning: All kids must be portrayed as cute, energetic and smarter than the parent.

Bad writers can’t come up with anything cute and smart, so they end up making the surrounding cast ugly, lazy and utterly stupid.
>>
>>30950100
>Bad writers can’t come up with anything cute and smart, so they end up making the surrounding cast ugly, lazy and utterly stupid.

Oddly enough, this usually doesn't happen with the exception of Carts Before the Ponies.
>>
>>30951697
>Most CMC episodes not stereotypical.
You're actually right about that.

So it was Ed Valentine and Michael Vogel, who was the first to really fuck it up with S6E14.
(And to some extent you can blame the story editor Josh Haber.)

I have no faith in the new batch of writers though, so I pessimistically expect it to become worse.
>>
>>30952302
The thing is, Ed Valentine has a pretty good record with the CMC. Flight to the Finish was amazing and really fleshed the dynamic between the CMC out and The Fault of our Cutie Mark was a great episode highlighting a challenge with their new cutie marks and even had some great subtly with scootaloo's character.

Even in Carts, the CMC were their normal selves, it was the older sisters who were written horribly. I am guessing Haber had a bigger role in this disaster.
>>
>>30950100
>Typically suffer from the Hollywood Kid-script syndrome.
I can't think of any examples besides >>30951697
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.