[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One thing I never understood about Glimmer is why is she presented

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 867446.png (117KB, 711x681px) Image search: [Google]
867446.png
117KB, 711x681px
One thing I never understood about Glimmer is why is she presented as a Twilight clone when everything about her backstory and original motivations is more of a parallel to the cmc?
>>
>>30935528
powerful unicorn antagonist = Twilight clone

keep up anon
>>
>>30935528
because half this board are brain dead Glimmerhaters.
>>
>>30935528
>more of a parallel to the CMC
Explain. I really hope Glimmer gets to interact with the CMC in marks and recreation. I really have wanted to see an episode where the CMC deal with glimmers old philosophy.
>>
File: Pre-boop glim glam.png (253KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pre-boop glim glam.png
253KB, 600x600px
>>30935528
Because she's an arrogant brainiac who tries to solve all her problems using magic.

She's early season Twilight.
>>
>>30935862
Everything about her a character revolved around cutiemarks. Her backstory is literally what Applebloom feared could happen to her when she finally got hers. Then the cmc basically became the go to people when it comes to cutie marks. You'd think the map would've sent the cmc to help deal with the greatest threat to cutiemarks themselves. But to this day, the cmc have never even spoken to Glimmer. You'd think they would be at least curious about a character who used to be the antithesis to everything they're about. But no, they wasted that opportunity by instead having this conflict with a literal background character.
>>
>>30935932
Excuse me, "friend", but your baseless claim serves only to discredit the advantages enjoyed by unicorns all across Equestria. Your SJW reasoning that those who are privileged should not exercise their talents is an alarming predictor of this community's deterioration. Find a new home, boy.
>>
Any one else want to ask why those foals are under her.
>Rape
>>
>>30935528
it'll all be revealed in the next step of her master plan
>>
File: starlight glimmer blink.gif (1MB, 526x508px) Image search: [Google]
starlight glimmer blink.gif
1MB, 526x508px
>>30935862
Same. Sounds ripe for possibilities.
>>
>>30935528

> presented as a Twilight clone
> "clone"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foil_(literature)
>>
>>30937105
That place is for trixie.
>>
>>30935993
> You'd think the map would've sent the cmc to help deal with the greatest threat to cutiemarks themselves. But to this day, the cmc have never even spoken to Glimmer

This is what convinced me that the CMC would never get a two parter. They had the perfect opportunity to show the CMCs skills in action with Glimmer, but they instead go with another twilight saves the day episode. The CMC would make for great protagonists in a two parter because they don't have any special powers, they couldn't just force their way through a problem, they would have to think their way through.
>>
>>30935528
I hate that they ruined her perfect haircut and cutiemark. Oh what would I give for her still being a self-righteous totalitarian cunt under reformation.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.