[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the mane 6 still the main characters? Think about when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: 7764676574445.png (37KB, 180x101px) Image search: [Google]
7764676574445.png
37KB, 180x101px
Why are the mane 6 still the main characters? Think about when the mane 6 are at their best, it is almost constantly when they are with another supporting character. Dash is at her best with scootaloo, fluttershy with discord, Twilight with Glimmer and Spike, AJ with her family, and rarara with sweetie belle. The problem here is that the mane 6 are only interesting when they are with their respective supporting characters. Mean while those supporting characters are still interesting even when written without the mane 6.

This suggests to me that the mane 6 are really just there to support the supporting characters, as they are only interesting as supporting characters themselves. Why doesn't the show switch to being primarily about Glimmer, Spike, Discord, and the CMC along with Big Mac/Trixie/Maud/Thorax as major supporting characters with the main six delegated to the occasional supporting role? It would make the show so much better.
>>
File: rad memer.jpg (102KB, 533x689px) Image search: [Google]
rad memer.jpg
102KB, 533x689px
>>
>>30933496
Because they're stuck with characters they don't know what to do with anymore.
>entirely new writers
>several complete story arcs
>retreading old ground becoming the rule and not the exception
The only reason the Mane 6 are still the most frequently advertised and put in the most starring roles is for brand awareness. If they made Starlight the new main character immediately, if ever, the brony fandom (and parts of their younger fandom) would entirely collapse.
>>
>>30933496

>Dash at her best with scootaloo

No, Dash at her best when she's not in the episode.
>>
>>30933559
It feels like they are starting to phase out the mane 6. There were more Glimmer episodes this season than before and more CMC episodes than in any other season aside from season 2. We are seeing more and more of Glimmers friends that it really feels like they are setting up for a main cast change.
>>
>>30933588
Well then the fandom will collapse eventually.
>>
>>30933596
Wouldn't it be ironic if it was over a decision that would make the show better?
>>
>>30933565
Dash is actually pretty reasonable when scootaloo is around. When dash does something dumb, scoots calls her out on it and makes her set things right.
>>
>>30933713
A better decision would be ending the show before it became memetically bad like the simpsons or spongebob.

If they really wanted to focus on a new character, they should have used Sunset instead of wasting her on a spin off. A bland, terrible character like Glimmer will never have the appeal, the personality or the pull factor to be a character worth the screentime of a protagonist. She already has a large hatedom as she is right now...
>>
>>30934470
>Shimmerfag
Post discarded tbqhfam
>>
>>30934482
I knew it. It was just a baiting Glimmernigger. Now he's out for everyone to see.

You all didn't seriously think that more focus on Poochie would make anything better, did you? Obvious bait
>>
>>30934470
They could if they made it a season long arc where the mane 6 turn evil and the rest of the supporting characters have to deal with it and eventually figure out a way to fix it.
>>
>>30934515
>implying that he is the same person
>>
File: Anon, I'm smart.png (3MB, 2032x1412px) Image search: [Google]
Anon, I'm smart.png
3MB, 2032x1412px
>>30934533
They already did that in the comics meaning it will never ever ever happen in the show
>>
>>30934533
Now I know you're really trolling

>making the good old protagonists into villains out of nowhere so that the new mary sue can show how much she's better than them
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>30934537
It doesn't matter, poochiefags all deserve acid thrown at their faces
>>
File: Glimmerface.png (479KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Glimmerface.png
479KB, 1280x720px
>>30934572
Shimmerfags, everyone
>>
Why do people hate Glimmer so much?
>>
>>30934540
And it was the best comic in the show, because instead of the mary sue 6 saving the day with a magical blast, it relied on interesting characters using their wits to out smart their enemies. A season of Glimmer would be like this as well, just like in the season 6 finale.
>>
File: image.png (689KB, 3500x4645px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
689KB, 3500x4645px
>>30934533
>Glimmerfags actually want the Mane 6 to be villains after all they've been through so their waifu can be superior in comparison
>>
>>30935362
Because the mane 6 is making the show boring and it would be far more interesting to put the focus on the supporting characters. And what better way to do that then to have the evil mane 6?
>>
>>30935384
By shipping them off somewhere, or at least doing it in a way that doesn't diminish their development or likeability.
>>
>>30935299
Take a look at the catalog on any given day
>>
>>30935393
If they are made evil for either A. a good reason or B. because a villain brain washes them, then neither would hurt their likability or development. What is hurting the mane 6 and the rest of the show, are episodes like Carts Before the Ponies or 28 Pranks Later that make the mane 6 into terrible people and ruin their characters.
>>
>>30935395
I see more Glimmer haters than Glimmer fans.
>>
File: 1493732265516.png (562KB, 1376x1262px) Image search: [Google]
1493732265516.png
562KB, 1376x1262px
>>30935299
Because she's shit.
>>
>>30933496
No, the mane six are at their best when they're with THE MANE SIX.

look at episodes like The saddle and row review for example; the mane six work best as a unit, playing off each other and interacting as a group, without any singular one getting more focus or being more special.
>>
File: 1492860163812.jpg (41KB, 257x395px) Image search: [Google]
1492860163812.jpg
41KB, 257x395px
>>30935299
Because she is boring. In any episode about her it's usually the other characters that make it entertaining while she is just there. In any episode that isn't about her but she has a role in it she's just there, not really adding anything to that episode. You could cut her out of the episode entirely and not even notice.
She is a very underdeveloped character that is treated like a well developed one. All we know about her is what she has told us which is that she mind controlled a village (something she will NEVER go an episode without reminding the audience of), her childhood friend left after getting his cutie mark and she likes kites. Unlike the mane 6 we only learn what she tells us and not what she shows us. We learned Pinkie likes parties because she threw Twilight a welcome party, she didn't just walk up to Twilight and say "I like parties", Rarity didn't just stand there and say "I like fashion" she made dresses for everyone, and the first scene of the show Twilight is reading a book in a library not in the middle of the street telling Spike "I like books". There is nothing to her outside of those three things, and even a pony as seemingly simple Applejack has more depth than Starlight. If the writers put all that effort they spent trying to make make her seem important to the cast into making her into an actual character I don't think people would hate her as much.
>>
>>30935868
Nevermind, mustardboober.
>>
>>30933496
>a show about friendship has the main character's best qualities brought about by their friends, and this is a problem because those same supporting characters ALSO have friends that bring out their best qualities.
are you stupid?
>>
>>30936305
But Glimmy had a kite in her room in the Season 6 finale and immediately after saying that she likes kites she flew a kite with Maud
>>
>>30935299
She was a funner character when she was an oppressive communists leader.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.