[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me, which is objectively the shittest episode of all time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 26

Tell me, which is objectively the shittest episode of all time and what makes it bad?
>>
>>30929212
Magical Mystery Cure
>>
File: 1503645657242.png (296KB, 640x369px) Image search: [Google]
1503645657242.png
296KB, 640x369px
>The Mysterious Mare Do Well

Is there another answer? Do I need to explain why?
>>
>>30929212
objectively speaking the shittiest episode is one that hasnt yet been written since until it exists it is in a constant state that encompasses all possibilities, including being the shittiest episode of all time.

also go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 15099257865826596592.png (147KB, 895x893px) Image search: [Google]
15099257865826596592.png
147KB, 895x893px
>>30929212
Slice of Life.
>>
Carts Before the Ponies. It does everything wrong. By everything, I mean everything. It ignores six seasons worth of character development for the older sisters; AJ learned in season 4 that apple bloom wants more independent and not to be coddled, so AJ coddles AB and ignores her requests for independence. Same problem with rarara, rarara learned that SB feels overshadowe by rarara, so rarara ignores this and builds the most creative cart for SB, ignoring SBs desire to stand out.

This episode has several particularly heinous moments (if I were to do a top 5 worst moments in the show, this episode would have at least three), the first being when AJ suggesting that AB isn't a real apple because she didnt want to follow family tradition (ignoring ABs fear of being abandoned established in gloom/bloom), the second and arguably worst is when the older sisters decide to care more about their carts after they crashed then whether or not their sisters were hurt. The last has to do with the moral.

The moral of this episode doesn't fit at all as the CMC blatantly told the older sisters multiple times that they didn't like what they were doing and insisted on making the carts in a certain way, only to be ignored. This episode decides to blame the CMC for not speaking out despite doing so and it really feels like the blunt of the blame is given to the CMC, as opposed to being directed towards the older sisters. Had the CMCs outburst been more vindicating, this episode may not have been as awful (still worst of the season), but blaming the CMC for the older sisters being awful is what pushes this episode into worst of the series territory.
>>
That one where Spike sings the anthem. Because Spike sings.
>>
>>30929230
yes
>>
>>30929230

I'm going to go ahead and second this.
>>
>>30929230
There are worse episodes.
>>
Princess Spike. Spike did nothing wrong, contrived as fuck, ruined lore even more, introduced shitty butt buddy IDW friend OCs.
>>
File: twilight sparkle loves spike.png (310KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
twilight sparkle loves spike.png
310KB, 640x720px
Spike at Your Service
>>
>>30929212
Starlight Glimmer
>>
You people are forgetting the bad episode because it was so bad, that you all forgot.
Spike at your service is one thing, but it's either between show stoppers or (probably the worst) owl's well that ends well.
>>
>>30929482
Owl's Well is nothing compared to Princess Spike. Fuck Neal Dusedau.
>>
>>30929213
Objectively this
>>
>>30929230
The one episode I refuse to acknowledge as canon cause it's THAT shitty.
>>
File: hhhmmm.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
hhhmmm.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
>>30929489
It seems that spike just can't get a break, but he sang that song when changelings change. Who has the most bad episodes?
>>
>>30929530
Applejack. Spike at least on occasion gets good episodes or at the very least interesting ones. AJs are almost always awful, but in a boring way. AJs only good episodes are the ones carried by the rest of her family.
>>
>>30929551
The most OKAYEST episode has to be Apple family reunion. Racist Barn.
>>
>>30929482
Nothing wrong with owls well
>>
File: Probably.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Probably.png
3MB, 1280x720px
>>30929583
>>
>>30929212
Ruined the show completely: A royal problem (s07e10)

Before that I could imagine that some of the characters were wise and intelligent adults, and the MLP world could be a source of inspiration.

But the episode showed everyone to be complete idiots. It felt like I was watching Steven Universe level of stupidity.
At least the MLP animators still rock with cute and funny ponies in all of S7, while SU & Co looks fugly and boring.
>>
>>30929662
Castle Sweet Castle was no better.
>>
>>30929212
The gookershy episode

All of them
>>
>>30929662
>Argues A Royal Problem made everyone an idiot but makes no mention of episodes like Princess Spike which take it to a much higher level
How new are you? Have you even watched the whole show?
>>
>>30929551
That's because Applejack's episodes are the most Slice of life ones. So of course it is boring to most people.
>>
You guys have blocked out What About Discord because your expectations were so low for a discord episode. It was terrible in concept and execution. ZERO of the jokes landed. The episode was pointless and painful.
>>
>>30929704
Well, yeah. It just was every problem with Discord in the show rolled into one.
>>
Daring don't
Daring do is real was a trash idea.
>>
>>30929686
I liked scare master
>>
>>30929482
This, Owls well was the worst
>>
>>30929482
>show stoppers
stop this meme.
Show stoppers was mediocre at worst. A far cry from the worst episode in the series.
>>
What the fuck do people even have against owls well.
Spike gets a lot of shit but that was fine.
>>
>>30929789
It almost ruined the CMCs characters, but the writers wisely moved away from the direction it suggested.
>>
>>30929689
Spike always been portrayed like a moron (or very inexperienced). That a large city can accumulate a bunch of idiots doesn't prevent me from thinking the other 90% are smarter.

That s7e01 introduced Celestia as clueless neurotic who had no grand plan in dealing with NMM, probably helped lay the foundation that S7 writers are mostly just regurgitating some basic shit to receive a quick paycheck. You could say A Royal Problem had "help" in becoming the worst with that groundwork.
>>
1) Applejack's Day Off- nothing happened for 20 minutes, followed by 2 minutes of AJ being obscenely retarded and out of character.

2) That piece of shit episode with Troubleshoes. 506.

"Hey, giant horse! Maybe your destiny is to be laughed at and not in a comedic way! What about all those other rodeo clown ponies whose destiny it is to be a rodeo clown? Ah fuck'em! Just plow them down as you blunder around. Their misfortune is your gain!"

No other episode need be listed compared to these, but What About Discord comes close.
>>
File: 1453860.png (155KB, 263x532px) Image search: [Google]
1453860.png
155KB, 263x532px
>>30929950
I like watching episodes where pones are just talking and doing mundane stuff. Fuck this action shit.
>>
>>30929976
Nothing happened in AJ's Day Off.

What About Discord was dumb because it ensured that Discord will only ever have any characterization with Fluttershy, and even Dungeons and Discords confirmed this.
>>
>>30929950
Oh fuck, actually I need to add Princess Spike

Seriously. Let's say Spike never let power go to his head and in the name of keeping Canterlot quiet so Twilight could sleep, he still stops the tree trimmer, the dude drilling in the street, and moves the croquet ponies. We still have the exact same disaster in the end. Not a single thing he did out of power lust came back to hurt him, only the things he did in good faith. Also Cadance's voice acting was unusually bland and she was out of character. Fuck that episode to hell.
>>
>>30929212
any starlight episode or where she appears in the background
because she's a shit character
>>
Can someone explain me why A Royal Problem is "bad"?
>>
>>30929999
It's a Glimmer episode
>>
>>30929987
I dont need or want anything to happen in MLP. I wanna see cute ponies doing cute stuff. If I want a story I'll read a book or watch a movie. Not watch a kids cartoon show.
>>
>>30929992
Just proof Neal Dusedau is shit.
>>
>>30929999
butthurt sunfags mostly, but starlight getting off scot-free again is starting to become tiring
>>
"It Ain't Easy Being Breezies"

I dunno why. I just one of those episodes I would prefer to skip. It's just so unremarkable, you know?
I mean, if it was really bad then people would parody it. And then something good would have come from it.
But I've never seen a parody video of the breezies. OCs. Fanfiction. or Anything.
>>
>>30929999
Glim Glam is top tier, cute as hell, and Kelly Sheridan is obscenely good at singing and playing Starlight.
>>
>>30930007
Yep. I like cute ponies but Applejacks day off was like Blues Clues level stuff.

Also, I've never watched The Cart Before The Ponies. Missed it on release and saw everyone bash it so hard so just skipped it forever.
>>
>>30930008
I like Neal as a person, but yeah, he is incapable of writing anything even as high as a mid tier episode.
>>
>>30930015
I never got the Cart bashing. The song was decent, the dialogue was great in some places, and the resolution in the end was quite good. Also fierce looking Rarara in a scarf and helmet is everything I want in the show.
>>
>>30930013
of course she would be, she fucking uses her Barbie voice
>>
>>30929212
Princess Spike.
No amount of cute background ponies or nifty callbacks/references could save it from Spike's godawful characterization, along with the complete ineptitude of everyone else. Also, the stupid fucking flower thing that exists for no reason other than that the plot needed them.
>>
>>30930001
Other than the "Starlight using magic for everything" thingie (which BTW was needed for the plot) I think it's an awesome episode.
>>
>>30930007
BTFO
>>
>>30930029
Because the sisters were all fucking retards
Applejack wanted to disown Applebloom, how is that not fucking awful?
>>
File: hgyugjhg.jpg (27KB, 793x334px) Image search: [Google]
hgyugjhg.jpg
27KB, 793x334px
>>30929243
I disagree, that was one of my favorites.
>>
Rainbow Falls
>Relay race includes Fluttershy for no reason along with Bulk Bicepts for the sake of Fan Pandering
>Rarity makes retarded costumes for the team for no reason
>Puts Derpy back in the spotlight in a less interesting way than The Last Roundup, rending the pandering pointless
>Rainbow Dash acts in a completely and utterly retarded way
>Turns the Wonderbolts into assholes which becomes a permanent thing for the series and completely undermines Rainbow Dash's dream.

It takes more than just an isolated episode to be considered the worst in my opinion. It has to have lasting reprocussions on the show. Rainbow Falls hurt three show arcs: The overall season 4 key arc, the Wonderbolts arc, and the Equestria Games Arc. I really wish they had made Rainbow Dash quit the Wonderbolts at the end of Newbie Dash. It would have fixed both Rainbow Falls and Newbie Dash's issues.
>>
>>30929213
FPBP
>>
>>30929446
This yeah, it was an abomination of an episode. Disliked every aspect of it.
>>
File: angry purple giraffe.png (15KB, 767x814px) Image search: [Google]
angry purple giraffe.png
15KB, 767x814px
>>30929213
>>30929523
>>30930215
Twilight is objectively better as a princess than she was as a unicorn
Before she was just a student who sat around in her treebrary studying magic just for the sake of doing it; she had no endgame at all other than being the best student ever
Now she actually takes up the responsibilities of a ruler and tries to solve as many friendship problems as she can and teach what she's learned
>>
>>30930258
>Now she actually takes up the responsibilities of a ruler and tries to solve as many friendship problems as she can and teach what she's learned
She has just as much a dead end now as before. the writers are struggling to figure out things for her to do with her life now, hence stupid things like "make a school"
>>
>>30929212
Spike At Your Service without a question.

There's a handful of people who for whatever reason will defend Mysterious Mare Do Well, but absolutely no one will defend SaYS
>>
>>30930258
Pretty sure lauren wanted her to graduate and become the next Starswirl or something like that.
>>
File: IMG_7303.jpg (200KB, 732x1107px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7303.jpg
200KB, 732x1107px
If you want to be scientific about it, What About Discord and Princess Spike are the two lowest rated episodes on IMDB, the only episodes in the show to score less than 6/10.
>>
File: 1475771262689.png (332KB, 802x643px) Image search: [Google]
1475771262689.png
332KB, 802x643px
>>30930269
Twilight starting up a school is fine, it's the other 5 ditching their careers to teach with her is dumb.
>>
>>30930288
Of the 10 worst episodes, 6 are from Season 6.
>>
>>30929212
Princess Spike is the only legitimately bad episode I'd sincerely rate below a 5 minimum. Almost every other episode has some redeemable quality, but PS set up a red herring, before pulling the rug on the whole plot and fucking over Spike for no reason, and then ending with a middle finger maguffin with the convenient dragon sneeze plant to add further insult to injury.
>>
>>30930293
her starting up a school would have made sense before she became an alicorn, its not really something that a princess should be spending her time doing.

>>30930293
>it's the other 5 ditching their careers to teach with her is dumb.

If twilight can apparently be a royal dignitary and school principal, then the other 5 having their other jobs (or no job in the case of fluttershy) and teaching is just about as logical as that.
>>
>>30929212

1. Magical Mystery Cure
>Bullshit cheap as fuck forced Hasbro mandated episode that completely and permanently destroyed the mane 6 balance all so it can sell you a shit-tier TS toy with wings glued to it. FUCK HASBRO.

2.Lesson Zero
>Twilight carrying the idiot ball an entire episode is unforgivable, especially one that COMPLETELY changes her core character for the entire duration. On a personal note, it shoves those old, retarded, forced "moral of the story" copouts cartoons used to do for entire arcs at a time.

3. A Canterlot Wedding
>More forced as fuck Hasbro-mandated horse shit with no turnaround other than to sell more fucking shitty Chinese toys. Plot holes the size of the Death Star left in its wake ("oh hey 5 best friends I love so much and hang out with constantly and tell EVERYTHING to, I just r̶e̶t̶c̶o̶n̶'̶d̶ REMEMBERED that I have a big brother who's a Gary Sue captain of the guard who I NEVER told any of you about or mentioned once in the months and months we've all known each other! He's also getting married to my former babysitter, a conveniently never referred to third Alicorn! Isn't that just AMAZING?!")
Seriously. FUCK HASBRO.

4. Mysterious Mare Do Well
>Just a little too much coincidental shit going down completely destroyed any element of danger as well as the whole stupid set balance of Ponyville and its residents. Forced as fuck.
>>
File: 1505279525653.jpg (119KB, 637x510px) Image search: [Google]
1505279525653.jpg
119KB, 637x510px
>>30930258
>Becoming the next Starswirl, then having to take on a role that succeeds Celestia.
>Worse than being faded into the background by an inferior attempt at having a gifted unicorn learn about friendship.
>>
There is nothing wrong with owls well or lesson zero
>>
File: thedifference.png (2MB, 1273x1374px) Image search: [Google]
thedifference.png
2MB, 1273x1374px
>>30930714
Lesson Zero is generally one of the greatest episodes in the entire series.

Let's look at what can be said in its favor:
- it's the main character-building episode for Twilight (there hasn't been an episode before or since that focused as much on Twilight's internal conflicts), it's also the first time her anxiety is acknowledged as a long-term problem
- it progresses the show by letting others from M6 write letters, erasing the need to shoehorn Twilight into every story to make her write down lessons that she herself didn't actually learn like in S1
- it features two great morals at once, the dangers of overanalyzing your life leading to pure neurosis and paranoia, and the dangers of ignoring your friends' struggles and brushing them off
- the faces Twilight makes actually look very natural to the show's artstyle, as opposed to "memey faces" the animators would later keep on making. Compare the two on my pic related, the difference is stunning: the first one seems like it belongs in this style, the second one looks entirely forced and unnatural
- I subjectively find it funny, that's not really an argument though

What can be said against it?

- it goes against some people's S1 headcanons about Twilight or something, but anything regarding headcanons is generally a pretty shit argument; fact is: Twilight had outbursts of paranoia back in S1 (the parasprites, Pinkie sense, Philomena) so it makes sense for her problems to culminate in LZ.
- some people subjectively find it unfunny, that's not really an argument though

So why am I supposed to hate it again?
>>
>>30930288
What About Discord only gets hated because people aren't really willing to analyze it because it didn't have enough ebin maymay references from Discord
>>
File: tryphophobia awesome gif.gif (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
tryphophobia awesome gif.gif
2MB, 480x480px
>>30929212
>ctrl+f "Trade Ya"
>0 out of 0

Trade Ya is objectively the worst episode in the series.

You can bash any other episode for bad characterization, but whatever you say about it, Trade Ya makes it worse.

There are episodes that have flanderization and OOC for single character, but Trade Ya is the only episode where ALL of the main characters are either OOC or flanderized. All of the three plotlines are bullshit.

Rarity and Applejack arguing about their principles of beauty should've been resolved ages ago.

Twilight deciding to keep all her books doesn't make sense because they literally get destroyed several episodes later. Also Pinkie is annoying as hell.

Rainbow Dash trading Fluttershy for a book might just be the stupidest thing in the entire show, ever. And Fluttershy just going with it despite all her development only adds salt to the wound.
>>
File: upgrade.jpg (32KB, 226x342px) Image search: [Google]
upgrade.jpg
32KB, 226x342px
>>30929213
This guy gets it.
>>
File: 1503347319786.jpg (29KB, 358x416px) Image search: [Google]
1503347319786.jpg
29KB, 358x416px
>>30929212
Daring Don't

The concept that Daring Doo is a real is such a shite concept and completely destroyed the reason for the character's existence.
>>
>>30929212
Any Spike episode other than Gauntlet of Fire.
>>
>>30931817
I see where you're coming from. Daring Do was a character that Dash could relate to, primarily, and it was really hammered home by how she was a blatant recolor.

Then they realized they could do more episodes with the character and made her real.
>>
>>30931823
What's so bad about Secret of My Excess?
>>
>>30930208
You're forgetting the context of that moment was Derpy's triumphant return to the show after Derpygate. Derpy was in Season 3 maybe a combined 10 frames or something.
>>
>>30931823
>Secret of My Excess
>Inspiration Manifestation
>The Crystal Empire episodes

I think you are missing something over here
>>
>>30931833
It wasn't. Excess was fine and the Crystalling had some good Spike and Glimited moments
>>
File: 1500004349312.gif (185KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500004349312.gif
185KB, 540x540px
>>30931832
You know what, I change my mind. Daring Don't while a HORRIBLE episode, the worst of the daring do eps by far is Daring Done. Not only did it waste a great premise, but it also completely ruined the concept that she could even exist. The "they don't know about the books in southern equestria" cop out is inexcusably lazy.
>>
>>30931817
This
>>
>>30931833
Not him but secret of my excess is bad because dragon greed growth is fucking retarded.
There is a reason the writters have been running away from it ever since.
>>
>>30931857
Most of the crystal empire episodes are shit.
Especially Equestria Games.
>>
>>30931823
What about Times Are a Changeling?
>>
>>30932239
It's a shame too, because on paper it actually managed to fufil both world-building and adventure storeis.

We could have had a similar but also unique new species, maybe rely on crystal amulets for doing magic or have an industrialised/sci-fi/both styled world that relies on crystals as energy/fuel. Instead we just get see through ponies in a gay Bedrock.

Such wasted potential.
>>
>>30932471
They came up with some decent lore about the Crystal Heart being an actual heart of a dragon but that was just movie and discarded.
>>
>>30930280
her endgame was to replace celestia at the series finale
>>
File: 1495597475686.jpg (50KB, 495x417px) Image search: [Google]
1495597475686.jpg
50KB, 495x417px
>>30929212
Oh fuck let's see:

Slice of Life

Princess Spike

Spike at your Service

The Mysterious Mare Do Well

It Ain't Easy Being Breezies

Magical Mystery Cure

Any episode where Glimmer fixes everything with her bullshit
>>
File: CMC_running_from_Babs_S3E4.png (633KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CMC_running_from_Babs_S3E4.png
633KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>30932785
With Babs as my witness and as my waifu, I must say that you are objectively wrong.
>>
>>30932785
Apple Family Reunion was a million times worse than this
>>
>>30932799
>Episode that makes your waifu act like a bitch
>You like it
>>
File: 57e.png (177KB, 421x524px) Image search: [Google]
57e.png
177KB, 421x524px
>>30932811
>implying fillydom isn't hot as fuck

Go french kiss a revolver
>>
>>30932683
But SoL, Princess Spike, and MMDW are good episodes.

Is this like that meme about hating pineapple on pizza?
>>
File: full (1).gif (88KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
full (1).gif
88KB, 300x275px
>>30932825
Don't you have to go fantasize about your waifu forcing you to lick another man's cum off her hooves or something
>>
>>30932683
I agree with all of these except It Ain't Easy Being Breezies. That episode had a strong moral and characters I actually cared about
>>
>>30932279
Yes
>>
I have never hated an episode as much as I hated Owl's well. The only ones that come close are the Fluttershy episode from this season because of how fucking offensively boring it was, and Show Stoppers.
>>
Princess Spike is such fucking shit my anger persists to this day.
>>
>>30930011
The real problem with "In Ain't Easy Being Breezies" is that the Breezies are SO delicate they can't interact with the rest of Equestria. That makes them useless as recurring characters. Which is a damn shame, because the G3 Breezies were some of the funnier characters in that generation.
>>
>>30929697
No, that would be the CMC and they are arguably the most entertaining characters on the show. AJs episodes just have her be obnoxious.
>>
>>30929212
Princess Starlight Glimmer Part. 2
>>
>>30930029
I don't get how people can like that episode. The only good thing about it was the CMC were written reasonably well, and that arguably made it worse as they were tormented the entire episode.
>>
>>30930288
Don't get how somepony to watch over me is lower than carts. Somepony is really underrated and its only real flaw was applejack.
>>
At the moment, I watch new episodes feeling like "It's gonna be crap, or it's gonna be okay." Let's be honest...the show itself isn't well written, and its saving grace are interesting characters. But the writing fucks them up too.
>>
>>30930202
Secret agent sweetie drops was fucking dumb.
>>
Just posting this here
>>
>>30933551
Nah, it was a good episode. Twilight's revelation was poorly executed, but that's about it.
>>
File: 1447263402932.png (102KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447263402932.png
102KB, 800x500px
>>30929446
>>30930235
>yfw originally Derpy was supposed to be the one indebted to applejack but after Derpygate Hasbro demanded a change
>>
>>30933613
Source?
Proofs?
>>
>>30930288
>boast bursters 6.9
one of the better episodes of the best season
people have shit taste
>>
>>30933612
The rest of the episode was consistent with the shit moral. The poor wording excuse was just damage control.

A moral with a legit poor wording problem was some pony to watch over me, where it is pretty clear the episode didn't intend to reward risking your life for material gains.
>>
>>30933613
I guess something good came of derpygate after all.
>>
>>30933613
I thought Spike was supposed to be indebted to Rarity before it was changed to Applejack, explaining the disproportionate amount of season 3 Apple episodes and why there wasn't a Rarity episode.
>>
>>30931650
Lesson zero haters are no better than woonafaggs
>>
>>30930208
>panda rings
Haven't heard this complain unironically in a while. But the Wonderbolts character assassination was legitimately bad.
>>
>>30932683
What's the hate again the Breezies episode again? I remember this giant fandom meltdown because it would be a toy commercial and all, but that was expressed very minorly, with a short and cute Main 6 transformation at the end. And I don't think there was even that much merch in the end so the shitstorm was about nothing. Concerning the moral of the episode, yes Fluttershy learns to be assertive, but this time it's actually constructive to others and not to herself, which is okay in my book. You gotta highlight the different ways it's wise to stand up, chalking it up to "Fluttershy learning the same lesson" misses the point.
>>
>>30933424
I don't get the hate, Applejack's stubbornness affecting the way she raises her sister was pretty believable, many mother figures make the mistake of not listening to the kid and being overprotective
>>
>>30931671
>Twilight deciding to keep all her books doesn't make sense because they literally get destroyed several episodes later
>Also Pinkie is annoying as hell
Those are not good arguments
>>
>>30931817
>>30931832
>>30931871
>Daring Do bases the books on her real adventures
>doesn't even bother to create a separate persona, just walks around referring to herself after the supposed fictional character
>nobody wondered if there was a connection between the adventurer that does indeed exist and the writer that looks just like her and writes very detailed books about her adventures
>her arch nemesis who knows her well never tried to blackmail her so he won't reveal her """"""secret""""" identity
And I know, its supposed to be a superman thing where nobody ever puts two and two together but for fucks sake there is only so hard you can go before it gets silly
>>
>>30932834
Slice of life was pure trash, for a group that constantly hides behind the target audience they surely love to make episodes about fandom memes
>>
>>30933645
fuck off newfag
>>
>>30933910
Is that your argument?
>>
>>30933424
You're right, it shouldn't be lower than Cart. Somepony was annoying because Applejack was a retard, while Cart was annoying because Applejack was a retard, but on top of that Rarity and Rainbow Dash were also retards and were infuriating to watch, therefore Cart is objectively worse. Add the fact that after all that bullshit we don't even find out who wins in the end and you've got a strong candidate for the worst of the worst.

Somepony also had The Princess Bride Fireswamp in it, which is a definite point in its favour.
>>
>>30933930
Yes, it was just fan service, a bunch of scenes throw together to please the fans, a complete waste of time only rivaled by the season 5 finale
>>
>>30933874
>>30933947
Every other character besides AJ saves that episode. The CMC were really on point with humor, their gag at the beginning works, and the entire scene with them planning ABs escape was also great. AB was a really sympathetic protagonist as the writers actually made her competent as opposed to going for the overdone "kid throws a party and ruins everything" trope. The scene with the chimera is probably the single best action scene in MLP, as its the only one that had real tension (the moments before AJ arrives any way).

The real flaw of this episode was the ending, AB should have "defeated" the chimera by befriending it and I almost think that is what they intended at first, as that would have been better proof to AJ that AB matured than needing to be saved/risking her life for pies.

AJ was obviously the biggest problem, but unlike carts, she is only there for a relatively small amount of time and the rest of the episode isn't the CMC being depressed that their older sisters turned into idiots.
>>
>>30929264
This. I don't know why this episode doesn't get more hate. It's an abomination.
>>
>>30934988
I am almost impressed with how much Carts gets wrong. Even the one good thing of the episode (the CMC being likable) is arguably a flaw as it makes the rest of the episode so much more frustrating.
>>
The ones without Glimmer tend to be pretty mediocre.
>>
>>30935635
Forgot your ebic mastarboob png, young man.
>>
>>30929213
Objectively this
>>
>>30933871
>chalking it up to "Fluttershy learning the same lesson" misses the point.

Don't recall ever making this point.

Regardless, I dislike the episode purely because I happen to find the Breezies annoying as fuck and just really selfish
>>
>>30930040
I don't think it was needed for the plot. Celestia raised and lowered the moon in Luna's absence for 1000 years, why did she need a cutie mark swap to do it again for one day? I would also assume Luna would also have no problem raising and lowering the sun.
>>
>>30929446
This.

Spike at Your Service is still number one in suck.
>>
>>30933714
Yeah this. It was originally supposed to be Rarity, would make much more sense.

Still wouldn't have saved the episode.
>>
>>30937427
Yeah, but what about the episode where spike had to look after the pets while the mane 6 were fucking over ms. harshwhinney?
>>
>>30935754
I know didn't, but it's a common complaint about Fluttershy episodes so I might as well had gotten it out of the way immediately.
>>
>>30929212
to where in back
while plenty of episodes in the past have worthlessly worfed and destroyed certain characters or have had bullshit plot holes and wasted potential. nothing quite hits the scale of worfing every single character all at once, literally losing the fight, then winning it for no reason, then having a creative race of fey bughorses get transformed into a worthless multicolored parody that makes their previous plights resolved by the notion that you can plug a power strip into itself to generate power.
>>
File: vDUrJvw.gif (180KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
vDUrJvw.gif
180KB, 400x400px
>>30937572
what about the episode where spike has to look after the mane 6 while the pets were fucking ms harshwhinney?
>>
>>30933901
>>her arch nemesis who knows her well never tried to blackmail her so he won't reveal her """"""secret""""" identity
Because she have more like irrelevant identity.
Its no matter if somepony knows that "secret"
All her enemies know who she is.
There isn't local authorities that could stop her from her actions.
And by being the author of the books about her she even can't hide from fans of Daring Doo.

The only reason for secrecy I see is her modesty and reluctance to attract attention

But although the reveal of the secret will attract crowds, it will not prevent her from escaping them by simply moving far away from Equestria.
It would be just minor hindrance.
>>
>>30929212

Slice of Life.

Giving any nod to the fandom at all is a false positive for quality. Especially the fans that the episode specifically aimed for.
>>
>>30937572
The spike part of that episode was good, Spike was being greedy and deserved the torment he got. Games Ponies Play however was horrendously bad, as it makes the mane 6 into massive idiots and it even fails the CMC test (if the CMC were to do the same thing, it still would be unacceptable, which means the mane 6 are acting dumber than children).
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.