/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Moments that actually made you mad at the show because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

File: 4124321431241234123.png (64KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
4124321431241234123.png
64KB, 250x141px
ITT: Moments that actually made you mad at the show because of how terrible they are.

Hard mode: Scenes that make you mad because they are well written and are supposed to make the audience upset.
>>
Rarity in a helmet and scarf, with a fierce look is cute as fuck. That scene is absolved of any and all flaws because of this.
>>
File: a_big_guy.jpg (138KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
a_big_guy.jpg
138KB, 720x960px
heh kiddo, getting mad at mlp again? Let me tell you something. Fuck you. I don't care, it's for little girls and not for autistic neckbeards.
>>
>>30920332
PONY WAS A RACECAR DRIVER

SHE DROVE SO GODDAMN FAST
>>
Twilght run from a timberwolf in "Spike at Your Service". That episode was bad...but that scene? You are the most talented unicorn of Equestria!. And the Timberwold is killed with a little rock.

Note: yes, i know that now there is Starlight, but not at time.
>>
>>30920341
The scene that happens immediately the song is also equally terrible.
>>
File: 8567555555558756.png (48KB, 201x113px) Image search: [Google]
8567555555558756.png
48KB, 201x113px
This scene is even worse. Good writing would have made it so the older sisters realized they went too far after the crash. But nope, they don't care about whether or not their sisters are hurt, just their carts.
>>
>>30920332
Cart before the ponies is a reference for making the anti episode

everything you could do with it at certain parts,they didn't....they went onto nowhere and going full contrarian on sisterly cliches

the moral was simply:"Those kids are having fun,I don't give a fuck about them so I can have some time with my friends"
>>
this probably my least favorite episode of all time, and yes I know there are a lot of contenders but this one infuriates me
I tried to tolerate glimmer but this episode just undid any of the possible 'character growth' she did. She clearly didn't learn a goddamn thing and there are no lasting consequences afterwards. I was really hoping at the end of the episode the Mane 6 wouldn't forgive her and she'd have to earn their acceptance back, but that would mean she'd have to actually do something
>>
>>30920394
Yea, it doesn't really feel like an MLP episode. It feels like something I would see in a bad spongebob episode.
>>
>>30920381
W-won't somebody think of tuh chillunz!!!
>>
>>30920420
They forgive her for worse things in S5 final. Howewer, at least she deserve a sort of punishment.
>>
>>30920460
Considering they are their younger sisters, I would expect them to care whether or not the CMC were alright.
>>
>>30920460
>he cares more about material possessions than people
wew
>>
>>30920332
When Silver Bollocks and Diamond Cumdump made fun of Scootaloo's disability

I still haven't forgiven them for it. I want to see them on the show apologise.
>>
File: pathetic.jpg (175KB, 818x503px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic.jpg
175KB, 818x503px
>>30920420
this guy gets it, and the worst part there are faggots who will unironically defend this shit and call it growth and development in her part, I was willing to tolerate the Glimmerfags and ignore the masturboop shitposters but this fucking did it for me I wen t into their thread, asked them how they could think this piece of shit is good after this episode and I got no less than a dozen replies with about a paragraph of text at least trying to do damage control on it
if they still like this character after stuff like this and even think she's somehow better than the mane 6 then I feel sorry for the poor deluded bastards
>>
>>30920689
One of the most common things that people say is that it's okay because Twilight did the same thing in Lesson Zero
>>
File: the punishment is butt stuff.png (80KB, 443x1157px) Image search: [Google]
the punishment is butt stuff.png
80KB, 443x1157px
>>30920574
She needs a spanking.
>>
>>30920696
Except that Spike told her right off that bat that she was being a sperg, and later Celestia herself was genuinely pissed off at Twilight's fuckup. We, as in the audience, fully understood that what Twilight did was wrong.

Meanwhile Starlight's fuckup was passed as a harmless joke that went wrong and her being unable to understand that what she did was wrong was also passed as a "joke" but again, both episodes were made and directed by entirely different teams.
>>
>>30920645
I'm pretty sure this is the only scene in the show that is supposed to make you angry.
>>
>>30922134
Didn't Twilight make it clear that Glimmer fucked up?
>>
>>30922801
This.
>>
>>30922801
>>30922134
>>30920689
It's not really fair to compare Lesson Zero to Every Little Thing She Does. Remember LZ was the first real episode of S2, back then there wasn't really any lasting consequences for anything, The town would be destroyed one episode and be fine the next, Twilight will have an anvil drop on her head and walk it off like it was nothing. ELTSD on the other hand, was made during a time when they wanted us to take this show and it's characters seriously. Injuries now would land ponies in hospital, buildings would get destroyed and stay destroyed, thoughtless actions would have far reaching consequences seasons later. The world and it's characters felt more real, so Glimmer mind-raping the Mane 6 felt like a far more serious offence than Twilight mind-raping the entire town seasons ago.
>>
>>30925493
Honestly, I think this started happening around season 2. Season 2 took injuries more seriously and even in Hearts and Hooves Day, the love potion risked keeping Big Mac entranced indefinitely. The only time the show didn't really take itself that seriously was during season 1.
>>
>>30920332
This scene really made me mad, as it was supposed to. It was a really effective scene.
>>
>>30920332
Babs Seed episode with that typical "oh noes she was bullied herself that makes everything ok" moral. Fuck that.
>>
>>30925925
It's not that it made everything okay. It's that the CMC finally understood the root of the problem, which let them help Babs start making the right decisions. Similar thing happened with Diamond Tiara in CotLM
>>
>>30925925
That wasn't the moral. The moral was not to preemptively retaliate against someone, even if they are a bully.

Also, that moment seems a lot better in hindsight as it was a moment that would help the CMC understand how to get their marks.

>>30925918
This is honestly the only moment in the show that you are supposed to be angry about.

Why do most of these examples involve the CMC being tormented?
>>
>>30926015
>The only moment in the show you're supposed to be angry about
There's also Discord's betrayal. But you're right, this show does not attempt to evoke much anger. When it does, it's usually through Diamond Tiara.
>>
File: 1476626947688.jpg (291KB, 1080x1255px) Image search: [Google]
1476626947688.jpg
291KB, 1080x1255px
If we're talking about only anger and rage instead of a large mixture of negative emotions (like sadness, sense of loss, etc), then Twilight's Kingdom. The whole thing. It's probably the only case where-even with the castle and rainbow power-I wonder if maybe the writers are the cause of some shitty decisions instead of Hasbro, specifically McCarthy and Twilicorn.
It's written as if McCarthy wanted to drag down everyother character to insultingly stupid levels just to make Twilight look better, it spits in the face of the conept of earning those keys, the people animating seemed to be utter retards (a cut storyboard had Twilight punching Tirek in the face; not cut because they realised they went full Fosgitt, but because of networking pussies), theo story itself is filled with more conveniences for the protagonists that a bad fanfiction, and Tirek is probably the worst villain this show had, even more than Sombra-he at least had some consistent.

And what was all this for? So we could get an OTT laser fight that """"people"""" here clapped to like inbred seals. That's probably what pisses me off the most, autists on this board are even worse than usual when it comes to this episode.
>>
>>30926289
>getting mad at the best two parter in the show
You probably liked a canterlot wedding.
>>
>>30920332
How about just in general the fact that they churn out a shit product and think it's ok because it's for little girls. Lauren is rolling in her metaphorical fucking grave right now
>>
>>30926356
>shit
The show is better now than it was in season 1. When was the last time you rewatched season 1, it really doesn't hold up nearly as well compared to the later seasons.
>>
>>30926289
I like Twilight's Kingdom because of how utterly ridiculous it is. I guess that means I like it ironically. I knowingly watch a show for little girls, I can't everything too seriously.

I unironically adore You'll Play Your Part tho
>>
File: 1499985738991.gif (402KB, 400x359px) Image search: [Google]
1499985738991.gif
402KB, 400x359px
>>30926401
Rewatching it now.

Didn't realize just how endearing Pinkie was back then. She didn't screech every fucking line and she was actually pretty tolerable
>>
>>30926418
>liking the worst part of the episode unironically
I don't get it.
>>
>>30926437
Don't worry, she starts becoming worse by the middle of season 1 and by season 2 she is full shit. Remember episodes like A Friend in Deed where the entire plot revolves around Pinkie being obnoxious.
>>
>>30926462
A Friend in Deed is a great episode though
>>
>>30926327
>Mane5 side with a stranger that treated them like dirt over their own best friend.
>Liking that turd.
>>
>>30926476
Its the epitome of pinkie being obnoxious. The only good thing about it is the song, and the song has nothing to do with the rest of the episode.
>>
>>30926442
When that episode aired, I was struggling in college. I didn't know what I wanted anymore, and I felt I was no longer good at my major. I sympathized heavily with Twilight, and that song really touched my heart.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.