[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the point of giving the mane seven super powers if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Seriously, the super powers the mane seven got in equestria girls are nifty and all, but they're pointless because you *literally* cannot use them to actually resolve a plot (case in point, look at mirror magic, or the "fight" of legend of everfree)

This is a "girls" cartoon, and hasbro's extremely conservative/safe in how they handle their brands. You're never going to have the seven actually FIGHT someone with their abilities; Pinkie can't throw explosives at someone and Dash and AJ aren't going to be able to punch anyone in the face (the most that might get done is throwing a rock at someone who's clearly immune to it, like with the maulwurf). I mean, look at how hasbro explicitly forbid punching anyone in the face in the tirek fight.

the powers are useless in a girls show, because they're never going to be allowed to actually HIT anyone.
>>
>>30915476
I don't know, I watch the show, not the yt series.
>>
>>30915476
They would need generic, not human villains for that I suppose, but yeah, I didn't even think of that. Depends on what age-rating they're aiming for with the YT series I suppose. More action would be cool, I'm still on the Xmen hype train from the hascon preview.
>>
>>30915476
Anon, Sunset and Twilight constantly got physical with each other in the first EqG
It's okay as long as it's girl-on-girl violence
>>
>>30915476
Wish they would've made it a comic series, with experienced capeshit artists and writers
>>
>>30915532
they were wrestling. that's a far, FAR cry from an actual "Fight".
I'm talking about actual hitting, just kind of awkwardly squirming against each other while grabbing one another's arms isn't really a fight.

>>30915516
Pretty much the only way they'd ever get allowed to actually hit something with an actual amount of force is if it was either a magical construct or a robot (like that Rock golem from the comics that starswirl shot the arm off of).

And even THEN, it'd be unallowable for the enemy to actually fight BACK. Key example, legend of everfree. they didn't actually "fight" gloriosa, they just threw things at the vines instead of the one controlling them; and she never actually hit them either, the only thing she did was trip dash and crush down on a magical ball/shield.
>>
>>30915476
Four words:
EqG lore is retarded
inb4 that's 7 words ree
>>
>>30916563
I'm so glad you decided to bump this thread just to shitpost, Anon!!!!
>>
File: booping_overwhelming.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
booping_overwhelming.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>30915488
You tell 'em! WOW! Great minds sure do think alike!
>>
>>30916570
Took me a second too late to realise I forgot sa ge
I need to sudoku
>>
Anon if you want to see girls hit each other just watch wrestling or go to a bar after 10.
>>
>>30916615
magical girl shows have at least SOME fighting, anon.
>>
>>30915476
They just can't punch people. There are plenty of violent acts still on the table besides shoving someone really hard. If Looney Tunes has taught me anything, characters can do the most brutal, sadistic shit to each other as long as you make it look cartoony.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.