[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there really anyone who still suggests that the mane 6 are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 5563465464634.png (37KB, 180x101px) Image search: [Google]
5563465464634.png
37KB, 180x101px
Is there really anyone who still suggests that the mane 6 are written well. They are getting a school of friendship to teach at despite nothing with their characters suggesting that they would even want to teach outside of Twilight.

Do people still suggest that Glimmer and her friends are worse characters than the mane 6? Spike is also a more interesting character as well, but is hurt by some bad episodes. What about the CMC, at this point they are clearly written better than the mane 6 as well. All of the best episodes of season 6 and 7 were because of Glimmer, her friends, Spike, the CMC, and some other side characters. Mean while the mane 6 get garbage episodes like fluttershy leans in or honest apples, or out right ruin otherwise good episodes like Carts Before the Ponies. Why do people still like the mane 6?
>>
>>30913087
>Do people still suggest that Glimmer and her friends are worse characters than the mane 6?

They're not, but they could have given that development to the already existing characters instead of shoving their replacements up our asses
>>
>>30913103
None of the mane 6 are interesting enough to pull off that development though. It wouldn't work for the CMC or spike as neither of them are evil or in a position to take leadership over a nation.
>>
>>30913109
Sounds like circular reasoning.

>they're underdeveloped so they don't deserve development
>>
>>30913158
Because nothing in their pre-defined character would work for said development. It's like the friendship school thing, just thrusting the mane 6 into a teacher role doesn't make for good development.
>>
>>30913087
>what is Saddle Row Review
>>
>>30913394
An overrated episode.
>>
>>30913087
Spike, really? A bad Spike episode is the rule rather than the exception. Either way, the writers do things ass backwards and justify things after the fact—Glimmer included. This might be what they need anyway, because Mane Six were made for the FiM of Season 1.

Also Glimmer is considered worse, because she pisses them off. What do folks not get about this? The narrative being that she gets away with too much and that things even seem to bank on her relapsing at moments. For as poorly handled as the M6 may be in their eyes, they at least aren't this.
>>
>>30913451
Spike is a good character with shit episodes. He isn't like applejack where she is boring in both her episodes and as a support and even then, spike at least gets some good episodes.

Remember that Twilight got away with just as much as Glimmer did, except no one seemed to care then or call Twilight a mary sue. Twilight maliciously mind controlled an entire town because she was going to be late on an assignment and recieved no punishment compared to the CMC or Glimmer who did something similar and were both rightfully punished for it. The CMC even did it for much better reasons than Twilight did and they were still punished.
>>
File: 1404482164972.png (356KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
1404482164972.png
356KB, 572x380px
>>30913394
An episode where every character acts as though the writer just read some tl;dr character bio
>>
>>30913500
>call Twilight a mary sue
Yes they fucking did. Twaifufags and Dashfags regularly competed with each other to earn the coveted "Most hated [Mane6]fag in the fandom]". Woe betide anyone who said LOLMAGIC when a Twifag was around. Seriously.
>>
>>30913394
>>30913412
>>30913511
I honestly can't think of a single good mane 6 episode that didn't involve one of the major supporting characters (Glimmer, CMC, Discord, Big Mac, Maud, Thorax, Trixie, or Ember) during season 6 or 7.
>>
>>30913519
No one hated twilight during season 2. All the hate was between rarara and dash.
>>
>>30913545
In season 1. She would just lolmagic and win the episode, and it got a lot of people mad and accusing the writers as using Twilight as a crutch when they wrote themselves into a corner.
>>
>>30913555
Don't remember this happening in season 1 that much and when it did she usually made the problem worse. This happened more after twilicorn.
>>
>>30913545
Almost every character has and had vocal hate groups, even back in seasons 1 and 2. The only one I can't remember a bunch of people hating was AJ, but even then she got flak for being so completely fucking forgettable.
>Rainbow Dash is a massive cunt
>Rarity is a selfish cunt/whore
>Pinkie is some ADHD-riddled, lolrandom, meme dispenser
>Fluttershy learns how to not be shy. Again.
>Twlight fucks up a spell lol
>Everyone's acting like a tard, but here comes Twilight, with her perpetual inferiority complex, ready to save the fucking day because she knows just what to do
Every one of them had poorly written moments which their detractors latched onto.
>>
>>30913617
The "And Applejack is here too" era was fucking golden. I miss the old days.
>>
>>30913617
>>30913637
Now AJ is the most obnoxious and least likable main character on the show.
>>
>>30913500
But Twilight doesn't get a pass for that. Trust me, everyone scrutinized the fuck out of the Mane Six when Season 2 aired. So much REEEE for portraying Rainbow Dash as a dumb jock that needed to learn a lesson, and turning her pride into full blown hubris. I think Hurricane Fluttershy was the only one the weird Dash fans liked due to her portrayal in it.

Some fans hate Lesson Zero for that very reason, and at least a couple I've seen here go as far as to say it was the turning point in the show's style along with Twilight's character to an extent (in a bad way). Contrast Winter Wrap Up. The fundamental difference between the two in the eyes of the fans, frankly, is Glimmer's history as a villain. She's held dangerous ideas and acted on those for quite some time; this is the lens she's judged by. When Twilight does it in Lesson Zero she's either "Party of One Twi version XD!" or "stupid OOC shit". She's "not herself". Meanwhile, Glimmer is seen like a dog with a history of biting, snapping and relapsing. This is compounded by feelings that her reformation was rushed and poorly handled like most new developments in the show; you're even complaining about one right now, for example. There's also this unspoken attitude stemming from that S2 era scrutiny where they think Starlight's characterization is off. It's not how she "should" be after reformation, or something. I've seen it expressed, but I'm not going to parrot their stuff in this post. Way too long of a post already.

You also have to understand that there's a nostalgia factor along the lines of: "Everyone is shit now, but at least the characters from 2010-2012(3~) were good!"
So they'll prefer the characters who they feel used to be good over the characters who never were.

Also Honest Apple wasn't that bad, but that type of episode is old hat now. Dated. The school is an attempt to reconcile this. So you may change your mind after they do their ass backwards implement->justify.
>>
>>30913908
>Trust me, everyone scrutinized the fuck out of the Mane Six when Season 2 aired
A lot of this was because Faust had left so everyone was on edge that the characters would be completely fucked by the writers.
>>
>>30913999
And now nostalgia blinds everyone on this board, they don't realize that the mane 6 are the worst characters on the show.
>>
>>30913617
Every one of those things still applies except for fluttershy learning not to be shy again. Now its: fluttershy asserts herself and has no flaws, again.
>>
>>30913394
That wasn't good. It may have been good if it was about Trixies newest show and was an interview with Glimmer's mane 6 instead.
>>
>>30913087
>Is there really anyone who still suggests that the mane 6 are written well. They are getting a school of friendship to teach at despite nothing with their characters suggesting that they would even want to teach outside of Twilight.
You can't blame Vogel or Haber for turning the mane 6 into teachers. It's pretty fucking obvious that the school is a Hasbro playset that was shoehorned into the show, so the writers will probably avoid it outside of the two-parters and maybe a couple other episodes.

>Mean while the mane 6 get garbage episodes like fluttershy leans in or honest apples
Those were good episodes though.
>>
>>30916283
When it happened to the CMC, it worked because their past episodes led up to them teaching about their marks even in early seasons. The writers could have done something similar for the mane 6 with this change.

>Those were good episodes though.

Explain yourself.
>>
>>30913087
>The school is an attempt to reconcile this. So you may change your mind after they do their ass backwards implement->justify.

I feel like the school is going to bring out the worst in each of the mane 5 and make the show into Newbie Dash.
>>
>>30913087
Yes there is, sycophants will be the last people holding onto this shitshow by the end. They're never going away and they're never going to see reason.
>>
The Mane 6 are easily the sort who would do things because they feel it needs to be done instead of having to want to, so giving them a school is easily within character.

That said, I think it's believable that they'd want to or be willing to teach, if simply because of the way they like to share the things they love.
>>
>>30913087
Pffft, you act like Twilight cared what her "friends" want since Day 1. She tests deadly spells on them, forces them to go along on missions with enemies so dangerous they have literally zero to contribute besides standing in background, or, when they dared to have a good time without her, tries to torture the 'truth' about them being brainwashed or under the influence of a spell because they can't possibly like someone else too, eh?

Twilight despite title is SHIT at the whole friendship thing (see her wanting to control what friends Starlight can have, or Sunset literally having to bail her ass out when Twilight had no idea what to do against Sirens) and I can easily see her having "bright" idea and not taking no for an answer. Especially given she apparently learnt nothing from publishing her friendship book.

And yeah, Starlight and co seem much better characters now. MLP did what they could with redneck girl, a dumb clown, lazy school drop-out and a shrinking violet ten times over. Time for better written character that won't exhaust all potential to grow in just two episodes to shine.
>>
File: 4124321431241234123.png (64KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
4124321431241234123.png
64KB, 250x141px
>>30919095
Don't forget that they actively make the lives of the people around them worse. Pic related is relevant.
>>
>>30916368
I shouldn't have to explain why I like something. It's all subjective. That being said, they were solid, comfy episodes. Not the best episodes, but Fluttershy Leans In was an 8 and Honest Apple was a 6. Cart Before The Ponies was shit though.
>>
>>30919403
I really don't see the appeal to fluttershy leans in, the conflict was just so predictable and fluttershy just handles them flawlessly, it isn't interesting in the slightest.
>>
>>30913637
>>30913676
And yet the highest rated /mlp/ episode is still an Apple episode.
>>
>>30919897
The apple family is good, except for applejack, the rest of AJs family makes apple family episodes pretty good. Perfect Pear would have been shit if it only involved applejack and it may have been even better if it were just apple bloom and big mac on an adventure to figure out their families past.
>>
>>30919897
>implying AJ is the reason why perfect pear was good
Apple bloom had a much bigger role in helping make that episode great than AJ did.
>>
>>30913087
Everyone knows that Glimmer is the best character.
>>
File: 1480653623806.jpg (66KB, 627x432px) Image search: [Google]
1480653623806.jpg
66KB, 627x432px
>>30913087
>posts thumbnail
>argues for Glimmer
>people biting the bait
Jeez, this board...
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.