[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about how bad of an idea twilight's school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 43124231423142314.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
43124231423142314.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Can we talk about how bad of an idea twilight's school of friendship is? The idea of having characters be teachers has been done already with the CMC and was done significantly better with them than it could be with the mane 6 for several reasons. The CMC actually had build up to their cutie marks, even down to the lessons they learned being related directly to helping people understand their cutie marks or helping them to better teach people (twilight time and ponyville confidential are examples). The CMCs characters also fit people who teach others much more than most of the mane 6's do, the CMC are big softies who were willing to help anyone who they saw even a remote amount of good in (babs/tiara) and have had an interest in making others happy (regardless of how good they were at it) in episodes like hearts and hooves day, doing this demonstrated their interest in teaching/helping others, making their cutie marks make sense.

The mane 5 in contrast have nothing like this and we even having an episode (testing testing) that shows just how bad of teachers the mane 5 would be. This concept will either turn the mane 6 into mary sues, a cringefest where all of the mane 5s worst qualities are shown, or retread what we have seen with the CMC.
>>
>"hehehe if I talk shit about the mane 6, I'll get a lot a tasty (You)s"
People like you are the reason why idiots like the Vogelfag exist. But don't worry, go on, keep reposting the same shit again and again, you'll totally save the board from all those evil generals if you shitpost enough. Fucking imbecile.
>>
>>30908803
I am saying that the season 7 finale idea of giving the mane 6 a school to teach at is a really bad idea and doesn't match well with most of their characters (only twilight). There isn't any evidence in the show that the mane 5 would make for good teachers or would even want to teach.
>>
>>30908816
>season 7 finale idea of giving the mane 6 a school to teach at
Wait, what? Is this some leaked shit from hascon? That sounds utterly atrocious.
>>
>>30908828
The S8 premier will have the six having set up a friendship school (or more likely, TWILIGHT sets one up and drafts the others to staff it) to teach friendship.

They kind of have to get it set up prior to the S8 premier, which means its a finale thing.
>>
>>30908828
Yes. One of the promo pics showed Twilight infront of a school building for friendship.
>>
Let's clear this up now: there is no proof that the playset building is a school. I guess it's possible, but then again, why couldn't they just bring ponies to the castle?

Also OP, you don't need to spoiler text everything spoilery, especially after the first post.
>>
>>30908915
There is also the season 8 premier.
>>
>>30908828
It is.
>>
>>30908839
>>30908816

But that doesn't make any sense, why would they go this route when the previous seasons have been building up the Mane six achieving their life goals? Do we have any actual confrontation that it's a school or that it's run entirely by the Mane Six? I would say it's more likely that the school will go to Glimmer.
>>
>>30909106
Comfirmation*
>>
>>30909106
It has to do with Chrysalis disguising her self a s photographer who wants to take pictures of Twilight and the other teachers (the other mane 6) in order to get hair strands for her nefarious plans.
>>
>>30908686
Or Chrysalis is referring to someone other than the mane 5 when she talks about teachers. Or Twilight just uses her past experiences with the others as examples for her lessons, which makes the others "teachers" by proxy.
If you can study the magic of friendship, then there's gotta be a way to teach the magic of friendship.
>>
>>30908686
Why a friendship school when they have normal schools? So some ponies get a proper education while others are only told how to socialize? I hope it will turn out way better than it sounds
>>
>>30908686
It really seems like the show's last gasp at trying to keep the mane 6 relevant.
>>
>>30909166
Yea. I am not sure why they aren't just going for G4.5 where its about Glimmer + Friends and the CMC. That would have been a lot better than mane 6 friendship school.
>>
>>30909161
It probably won't, I don't see any good way to implement this idea.
>>
>>30908686
To be fair, at this point some retconning of their destinies to be "All of us together as super friends" would make things work more smoothly than their "CMC goals" instead.

I mean, fuck, isn't that the plot and point of the upcoming CMC episode, about how you can decide to do things in life besides what your cutie mark is for?
>>
>>30909409
>I mean, fuck, isn't that the plot and point of the upcoming CMC episode, about how you can decide to do things in life besides what your cutie mark is for

Not sure about that episode. But that is a major theme for the CMC as a whole ever since they earned their cutie marks.
>>
>>30909468
>Not sure about that episode.
Well rumble shows up and starts making everyone feel like shit about cutie marks because they won't be doing the stuff they also like to do besides their cutie marks as jobs after getting their cutie marks, so they should be addressing multiple talents/cutie marks soon.
>>
>>30909501
We went from the CMC not realizing this at all in season 1 to the CMC teaching this. That actually sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>30908686
It's a pity to see how the post-Faust era fucked up Equestria so badly that the ponies now literally need a school to learn about basic social skills.
>>
>>30909729
Towns ponies were just as poorly socialized in the faust era as well.
>>
>>30909281
I do. Have it an open school for anybody to walk in and out freely as they want when they feel they need help, like an abbey or an open monastery
>>
>>30909753
I don't see how that would make it work. It would still have most of the mane 6 doing something that doesn't really fit their character.
>>
>>30909753
Couldn't they do literally the same thing with the Castle of the Friendship Princess?
I mean, when she's not saving the world or doing anything with her friends, she's just there...
And there's lots of room to use that place for meetings or lectures.
>>
>>30909761
It doesn't necessarily have to be run by them. Delegation can be a thing. Though, if they do decide to actually make the Mane 6 run it, then yeah it's FUBAR.

>>30909767
I feel more the Castle is for more official and formal things, not like a self-help school.
>>
>>30908686
The new characters in that image of the school are probably the teachers. The M6 are just there for the grand opening.
The yak, changeling, and seapony are there to fill the diversity quota.
>>
>>30909787
They are more likely to be students. Yaks and changelings don't know a lot about friendship and we don't know much about the sea ponies. What if the mane 6 are using the school to re-socialize the other species of equestria.
>>
>>30909729
Twilight's grad school thesis literally was on how to make friends.
>>
>>30909803
Twilight was a special case who had no friends and no social skills back on S01 and everyone on Ponyville were quite friendly and welcoming, remember?

Now Ponies cannot make friends without somebody guiding them all the way.
>>
>>30909802
Nah. They'll be perfect teachers by regaling students on how the M6 taught their peoples friendship while also highlighting how different people can be friends.
If the M6 are teachers, they'll be part-timers like Celestia.
>>
>>30908686
Celestia doesn't spend ever day teaching at her school. I see no problem with the M6 dropping by the school every once in a while when they have some downtime.
>>
You ever think that maybe this school isn't fully just a "lets have friends" thing?

Maybe its like a mini-version of Celestia's school as well? In addition to learning about friendship the mane six help tutor the students in areas they specialize in, like Dash helping ponies with Flight related cutie marks pick up tricks for their jobs in life, or Rarity helping burgeoning fashion designers too?

could be like a college with friendship lessons mixed in.
>>
>>30909841
That's probably the only way this idea could work, but even then, there was absolutely no build for the mane 5 to do this and nothing in their characters that would suggest they would want to teach.
>>
>>30909772
> In addition to learning about friendship the mane six help tutor the students in areas they specialize in, like Dash helping ponies with Flight related cutie marks pick up tricks for their jobs in life, or Rarity helping burgeoning fashion designers too?

Isnt there a flight school in cloudsdale, where most pegasai grow up?
Rarity teaching fashion in Ponyville in a market that she has the monopoly over? Doubtful. She's nice enough to sponsor the up and coming, but nothing indicates that she wants to teach her trade.
>>
>>30909862
>Isnt there a flight school in cloudsdale, where most pegasai grow up?

There's probably a bunch of magical schools besides celestia's too, but the teachers aren't as good.

Same thing here, being taught by the best flyer in equestria in comparison to a near minimum wage pegasi is a world of difference.

>>30909852
Gotta be a reason for that School to have formed in the first place; We'll get a reason for it to exist coming up this season after all.

for all we know, the tree of harmony makes it and basically tells them "bitch slaves, this is your job now, do it, don't question the magical destiny tree"
>>
>>30909882
>Gotta be a reason for that School to have formed in the first place
Marketing and Twilight's destiny being tied to it, I suppose.
After the whole "Glimmer Graduation" phase, she probably still wants to be a pseudo Celestia (and have something to fill the otherwise gaping void in the purpose of her existence) and start a school as her mentor did.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.