[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that episodes like Showstoppers aren't the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 52134321412341.png (81KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
52134321412341.png
81KB, 250x141px
Reminder that episodes like Showstoppers aren't the worst season 1 episodes, rather that the vast majority of season 1 was of the quality of show stoppers but no one cared because most of those episodes were with the mane 6.

Almost any season 7 episode is better than any season 1 episode. Exceptions are Fluttershy Leans in, Honest Apple, The discord episode, and Flurry Heart Episode.
>>
>>30903749
No one cared about the CMC back in S1, really. I remember that people used to really hate on the CMC and even thought they were dragging the entire show down. It's only with S2 that people started liking the CMC a bit more.
>>
>>30903749
But I liked showstoppers.
>>
>>30903749
What do you mean? It was a great episode and the song was funny and memorable
>>
>>30903755
It's because season 1 wrote the CMC horribly compared to the rest of the series, and only around seasons 2+3 is when they were written better. Granted, there were still the occasional episode like cutie pox in season 2, but their episodes were significantly better for the most part compared to season 1.

>>30903764
The song is the only memorable part of the episode, everything else was boring filler.
>>
>>30903802
No, absolutely not. How the fuck could you possibly come up with that conclusion?

It's because the morons who joined in season 2 are morons who ate up every pile of shit Vogel threw at them. The CMC acted much more charming in S1, especially Applebloom.
>>
The Japanese version of the song was good
>>
>>30904434
got a link?
>>
Season 1 was the last canon season
>>
>>30904329
When was the last time you watched season 1? The CMC were horrible and one dimensional. Sweetie Belle had next to no personality and all three of them acted interchangably in most episodes. Scootaloo was a one note tom boy with out any of the complexity that made her interesting in future seasons. Apple Bloom had some development compared to the other two, but the writers would build on that in a much better way in future seasons.
>>
>>30904569
This so much. All faustfags are mentally impaired by nostalgia of when it was new.
>>
>>30904569
Wow, it's almost as if they were new characters who had not yet had time to develop.
>>
>>30904745
Development is distinct from characterization. They had almost no characterization.
>>
>>30904745
That doesn't excuse not giving them any characterization and making them interchangable with few exceptions. The only exception I can think of from S1 is cutie mark chronicles, and even then its just making Scootaloo a one note tomboy.
>>
>>30904745
Let's compare some scenes with the CMC in season 1 versus season 5.

Season 1: Showstoppers Scene where the CMC are working on their talent act.

The CMC help each other to improve their act despite them not being good at what they wanted to do. In this scene there really isn't any unique characterization of the CMC as they help each other in the exact same way, all dialog is only about the plot (emphasizing they are bad at their act) without anything that makes them unique.

Compare that to Season 5: The first scene in gloom and bloom.

The CMC ponder questions about getting cutie mark. Apple Bloom is the first to panic, with scootaloo being blunt and some what insensitive to apple bloom's fear while sweetie belle is trying to comfort apple bloom. This scene does a much better job of giving the CMC characterization despite it being a fraction of the length of the showstoppers scene.
>>
>>30903749
kys hasdrone
saged
>>
>>30905220
Being are faustdrones this mad that people like seasons 3+ more than season 1?
>>
>>30904329
What faustdrones actually believe
>>
>>30903749
>The discord episode
It was great
>>
>>30906850
I don't get why people like that discord episode, seeing discord act normal wasn't interesting and beyond that the episode is pretty hollow. The iphone gag worries me that the writers will start implementing more egregious pop culture references.
>>
>>30903749
Your meme is getting old.
>>
>>30906994
>pretty hollow
It takes the worst aspect of Fluttercord fanworks (both characters becoming tamed-down and primitive archetypes) and destroys it
>>
>>30907251
I don't understand how it does that.
>>
>>30907303
>Discord is not supposed to be a pussy who only does whatever Fluttershy wants him to do
>Fluttershy is not supposed to be a boring order-loving and always perfect Mary Sue
>>
>>30903757
Why.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.