[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To those of you who consistently still enjoy the show regardless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 18

File: 1504795889736.png (25KB, 872x668px) Image search: [Google]
1504795889736.png
25KB, 872x668px
To those of you who consistently still enjoy the show regardless of all it's twist and turns,
is there anything Hasbro can do that could make you dislike it?
Do you have any big NOs? Something you feel could potentially ruin the show if they pulled it?
>>
Dislikes: more shenanigans like Twilight's castle and Rainbow Power coming out of nowhere. More things like wanting Chrysalis to come back only for it to be so lukewarm when it actually happens. Lore fuck-ups.

Completely phasing out the mane six feels like a big no. I'd also hate if they never focused on anyone BUT the mane six. There's a balance there that season 7 is achieving somewhat.

I dunno how to feel about the original movie script that included the evil alicorn Cosmos, brother of the two sisters or whatever the fuck. That would have been bad.
>>
Mane Six all transforming into alicorns
>>
>>30892551
Making the mane 6 irrelevant is quite annoying
>>
>>30892551
I hate Starlight Episodes
I would love it if they would remove that shit stain from the show
>>
>>30892551
>>30892633
>>30892624
>>30892612
>>30892591
HAHAHAHAH
SLAT
>>
>>30892612
this would be fun though. I'd love to see aj deal with her horn and wings. big mac would be jealous! kek!!
>>
>>30892551
One thing would completely ruin the show for me, easy.
The Apple parents returning from their vacation.
>>
>>30892551
Princess Starlight Glimmer
>>
File: medium.png (150KB, 556x495px) Image search: [Google]
medium.png
150KB, 556x495px
>>30892753
*blocks your path*
>>
>>30892551
If it stopped having cute ponies in it, I would stop watching it

And thats coming from an EqGfag
>>
>>30892551
If Twilight became a princess and an alicorn
>>
File: le ebin shitposting maymay.png (366KB, 736x985px) Image search: [Google]
le ebin shitposting maymay.png
366KB, 736x985px
>>30892775
Haha well meme'd my friend
>>
>>30892756
This and only this.

although maybe this too >>30892612
>>30892612
>>
File: 1503364679995.png (691KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503364679995.png
691KB, 1280x720px
Season 4 grade exposition dumps
>>
I actually dislike that they don't tap into romance more. Ever since Flash sentry they have been wary of that subject. I hope with Sugarbelle and Mac plus Pear Butter and Bright Mac will open the possibilities to mane6 romancing some stallion.
>>
>>30892809
That would be one lucky stallion.
>>
>>30892551
Yes.

If they made Starlight Glimmer an element of harmony.

This would be much worse than Twilicorn and much worse than even making Starlight an alicorn. The elements of harmony are the elements of friendship = magic and are complete. Honesty, loyalty, generosity, kindness, laughter, and magic. If Starlight becomes a seventh element of harmony, that would mean Friendship Is Magic itself would be undone, that Twilight never learned or embodied true friendship because she was missing an element. It would mean the friendship = magic of the entire show was not whole friendship, and invalidate Twilight's ascension as well. It would be as if S1-S3 happened without Applejack, and then suddenly Applejack is introduced in S5 and everyone says, "Whoops, honesty is an element too! Weird how you became the Princess of Friendship without knowing that, isn't it Twilight?"

If Starlight becomes an element of harmony, the show is ruined forever and so is Friendship Is Magic itself.
>>
File: IMG_7268.png (392KB, 1600x973px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7268.png
392KB, 1600x973px
>>30892814
>implying

I feel genuinely sorry for whoever has to marry Twilight
>>
>>30892856
tru
>>
>>30892551
Dislike: CMC episodes are written like Carts Before the Ponies. Where the CMC are victims of the older sisters terrible behavior.

Also Dislike: The CMC are written like they were in season 1 consistently, not just for one bad episode either.
>>
>>30892551
>is there anything Hasbro can do that could make you dislike it
Remove the mane 6. There's nothing else they could really do to ruin it, save making Dusedau head writer or something on that level of stupidity.

t. made that chart you posted
>>
>>30892551
>Hasdrones.
>Being capable of intelligent judgement.
None of the things mentioned in this thread will break these subhumans, and if it were, they'd all be defending it by the next time it appears.
>>
>>30892946
>t. made that chart you posted
>hey look at me
>pay attention to me
why don't you make yourself a namefag while your at it. you must feel pretty stupid forgetting to watermark that image op used, right anon?
>>
>>30892761
this is why they speak of them entirely in the past tense and sometimes with melancholy

can't wait for Jim to fucking ruin everything and bring them back from vacation
>>
>>30892551
Have any of the main characters get boyfriends
make more fucking alicorns
generally just don't touch the status quo you pieces of shit
>>
>>30892856
so, Glimmerfags WANT to see the show burn
>>
>>30893411
No. I'm a Glimmerfag and >>30892856 was my post. I think Glimmer is the best thing to happen to the show, but making her an element of harmony would be the worst thing they could do.
>>
>>30892947
>they'd all be defending it by the next time it appears.
lol, no
YOU'D be the faggot calling them out for being a vocal minority and blissfully continue to watch the shit show that is has become
once the show becomes shit for them, people ACTUALLY stop watching and move on with their lives
it's why people left when Twilicorn happened
it's why people left when EqG happened
it's why people left when Glimmer became a focal point since S6
you wanna know why you don't hear MORE people bitch about it?
it's because they LEFT this place
>>
If they stopped making episodes about the CMC, Spike, Glimmer, Discord, and the other interesting side characters in favor of more mane 6 episodes. Basically what season 1 did (they wrote all the CMC/Spike episodes horrendously bad).
>>
>>30893442
I understand that, my point is that many glimfags want her to be an EoH
which, as you said, would destroy the show

>I think Glimmer is the best thing to happen to the show
we'll have to disagree on that
>>
File: Hehue.png (217KB, 360x440px) Image search: [Google]
Hehue.png
217KB, 360x440px
>>30892551
Props to OP for not being a massive biased faggot.

Actually, I gave a few big 'no's, or dealbreakers.
-Politics
-Confirming that Celestia and Luna were not born alicorns
-"Glim was the 7th element all along!"
-Abandoning sci-fi fantasy elements
-Going full fanservice a la SoL, but for non-milestone episodes.
>>
>>30892551
>is there anything Hasbro can do that could make you dislike it?
Blatant SJW propaganda ala tumblr's favorite cartoons.
>>
>>30893201
That screenshot is taken out of context. He was responding to a question regarding the flashback to when AJ was younger and why the parents weren't in the flashback. It was still a stupid answer, but it has nothing to do with why they aren't around in the present.
>>
>>30892856
tweet this to Jim, maybe he can be useful for something and influence this
>>
>>30894046
Sent.
https://twitter.com/Pontology_/status/905917722835402752
>>
>>30894116
Great. Now he's going to get ideas. Thanks a lot.
>>
File: 1461254593008.jpg (99KB, 823x554px) Image search: [Google]
1461254593008.jpg
99KB, 823x554px
>>30894116
you're a hero, anon
>>
File: Lesser races wouldn't understand.png (193KB, 1600x960px) Image search: [Google]
Lesser races wouldn't understand.png
193KB, 1600x960px
>>30894116
Well done, Lector. Must feel pretty good to be getting acceptance from the users for once.
>>
>>30892551
- Starlight becoming the seventh element, it wasn't good when fanfics did it and it won't be good if the show does it
- Reforming Chrysalis, for the love of god, I hope they seriously don't do this. They never reformed Sombra or Tirek, so I'm holding out hope that they'll keep bug queen as an antagonist.
- Princess Starlight, for reasons that are obvious.
- The show going political, and quite frankly it likely will in S8 with heavy anti-trump/anti-conservative propaganda

All of these would break the show for me, but that last one will make me drop the fandom entirely, it will in no way be the show we started out with.
>>
>>30894837
>but that last one will make me drop the fandom entirely
you would drop us right when we'd need you the most? traitorous coward.
>>
>>30892551
Most of the people here have already mentioned the things that would make me drop the show, but I may as well throw in my two cents as well.
>Glimmer getting an element
>Glimmer becoming an alicorn
>If my waifu was written out of the show, but that'll never realistically happen
>Killing Celestia, or having Twilight become her replacement, because clearly one year of ruling a kingdom is equal to over a thousand years of non-stop peace
and
>Phasing out the mane six for a group of hip, new ponies, because who wants to watch the old hotness that we've had for seven seasons and that we're specifically written to work well together?
>>
File: 13141522892.jpg (28KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
13141522892.jpg
28KB, 325x325px
>>30894856
You don't understand, at that point all of this will be well and truly dead, we'll be overrun with leftists pointing to the show as a beacon of progressivism and praising Allah as an equal number of zebra characters are introduced to the cast and canonically shipped with each and every one. All those humanized images of the M6 being diverse would be legitimised. There'll be a rise in Tumblr fags doing mouthpiece artwork of the characters we fell in love with telling us we should be ashamed of being white, or being men, or being straight. The jokes about Trixie being trans will no longer be jokes, they will be reality and we'll be forced to watch as the writers concede to this brave new fandom by saying that Trixie got magical sex reassignment surgery so she could be comfortable with who she was on the inside. We'll get episodes about mares laughing at Stallions for being dumb and barbaric, war mongering, oppressive JERKS and how they need to be more feminine to function correctly in THE CURRENT YEAR.

The only thing that would remain unchanged is that Rainbow Dash would still be a carpet muncher. That is not a future I want to be a part of, I'll not stand idly by while my waifu is torn apart by the left agenda like so many other good things have been, I won't.
>>
>>30894894
>That is not a future I want to be a part of, I'll not stand idly by while my waifu is torn apart by the left agenda like so many other good things have been, I won't.
but you literally just said you would stand by idly if that happened
>>
>>30893725
If you go to the starlight glimmer thread no one there wants that for her desu.
>>
>>30894905
Absence is a form of protest, Anon. What can you feasibly do to convince a multi-billion dollar company to change things? You can keep complaining to the staff, it will change nothing, it has changed nothing in the past. To stay and continue to consume the propaganda laden drivel they push out would only hurt me and I won't stay here to watch that.
>>
>>30894894
>>30894905
>>30894934
All of the leftists left years ago, my dude. Steven Universe pandered to them explicitly. There's no one left.

Also:
>Being mad at mouthpieces
>Thinking that most mouthpieces made today are left-wing, rather than right wing

I see more Aryanne and pro-right stuff than anything pro-left. But I guess we all need our boogeyman.
>>
>>30894984
aryanne doesn't exist outside /mlp/
I'm surprised she's even allowed on derpi
>>
>>30894984
If the show goes political, it will bring them back, I guarantee it. As for the mouthpieces, I mean stuff like that Celestia image, you know the one, a bunch of variations were made of it mocking its nature as a ideological mouthpiece. The stuff that's overt and out of character. At least ours use OCs most of the time.
>>
File: 1504313244836.jpg (46KB, 692x812px) Image search: [Google]
1504313244836.jpg
46KB, 692x812px
>>30894894
GOD STOP ANON. This whole thing is worse than my worst fucking nightmares.

God please no.
>>
>>30892551
I think you need to go to Thailand and start fighting the power; They're the ones who animate the show: you need to do something they've turned communist!
>>
>>30892551
I don't think I have any hard NOs, more just things that I would like to see going froward. I would like the quality of the writing to be reasonably consistent, both from a narrative and characterization standpoint, and I would like there to be at least a semblance of continuity.

I can write off pretty much anything if I feel that it's well done from a writing perspective and the characters aren't bastardized for the sake of plot convenience.

For example, I really fucking hated Rainbow Falls when I first watched it. I hated it so much that I thought I was being too hard on it, so I watched it again and I hated it even more. I just feel that pretty much everyone involved was acting super OOC and it grated on me hard. The premise was fine, but the characters were sacrificed for the sake of the execution and as far as I'm concerned that's not cool.

As it is you see that happen sometimes, but it's rare and it's usually not blatant enough for me to really get upset about it.

Other than that I would ask that the show be reasonably engaging. That is to say that if every episode ended up being like Cart Before The Ponies I would just straight up stop watching the show entirely.

I guess the best way to sum it up would be to say that I like the format of the show now and I like the characters that are featured in the show regularly. So long as it remains a SOL show with occasional adventure elements or arcs too it, and so long as the characters are compelling, and so long as the writing is on par, then I'll keep watching it.
>>
>>30892551
If it stops being enjoyable.
>>
The only thing i realistically could never get over is if the episodes becomeconsistently bad, a few changes to the canon, cast or a few poorly written episodes here and there are never truly going to be a deal breaker.
>>
>>30892551
I would say the loss of the mane 6 as main characters would probably do it.
>>30893887
I can agree with this.
>>
>>30892551
>dislikes
I've grown to really hate how the writers squander villains. No more Discord. No More changelings. No more Starlight. Even worse is the lack of planning for what to do with the villain after they redeem them. If they bring in someone new for the finale or S8. either have a detailed plan in place for what to do after redeeming them, or let them escape for another writer to handle.

Shipping is a cancer and if it ever metastasizes into the show, it'll cause endless fighting (which we already see with the fluttercuck shitposting) and eat up time that could be spent on much more interesting things.

More fucking bland episodes that could fit into any cartoon. You have the setting, use it.

Having the IDW staff working on the show itself. They've proven to be shit and it would only drag things down.

>ruin the show
If they stat putting political shit in it (S8 began production right after Trump won), it would near cripple the show.

Dropping the M6 instead of just rebooting. Doubt it'll happen given the merch, but it would make me seriously contemplate hoping onto the "fan of the fandom" ride and veg out on Fimfiction.

My personal autism would be invoked if they did a VA switch. It activates my almonds like nothing else.

>>30892761
Reminder he was referring to that faulty towers flashback episode, which took place when AJ was still a filly/teen.
>>
>>30894046
>>30894116
I think you should better send it to Lewis & Songco or to Haber. Jim does't do anything that much relevant.
>>
File: GENUINE.jpg (5KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
GENUINE.jpg
5KB, 300x57px
>>30892551
>Do you have any big NOs? Something you feel could potentially ruin the show if they pulled it?

1) Genuine major plot contradictions would make me raise an eyebrow. I can unite everything I've seen so far under a single working (headcanon) concept.
2) Firing Daniel Ingram, unless they'll find another demon who's able to mass-produce masterpieces.

Otherwise, I've been fine with everything that was done with the show since Season 1. Even if I consider something questionable, people in charge usually find good ways of implementing these things.

From the personal standpoint of what I would still consider "bad" to the show, I would say, indeed, Princess Starlight Glimmer. I like her as a character, but while I can accept all the mane 6 turning into alicorns, Glim Glam becoming a princess before any of them would be just stupid.

Well, and there's always the option of just having godawful episodes. If like 2 seasons in a row were filled with "The Crystal Empire"-tier episodes, I would likely to stop watching the show, at least temporarily. Aside from that, I don't consider any episodes "bad". Even the Empire itself is more like "mediocre" than "bad".
>>
>>30897834
>I can unite everything I've seen so far under a single working (headcanon) concept.
elaborate
>>
>>30897834
>Firing Daniel Ingram
Hasn't someone else been doing this for the past 3/4 seasons while he does the movie?
>>
>>30897419
Hasbro has really stayed on top of ensuring the show remains apolitical for the most part for the past seven years, and I highly doubt they're going to just throw that all away in the eight year just because some writers have different political feelings and opinions. I think if they catch wind of the writers attempting to get political, they'll get canned fast, cause Hasbro doesn't want to deal with that whole dumpster fire. Many things Hasbro is, but political they are not..
>>
File: 1504467596168.png (532KB, 681x514px) Image search: [Google]
1504467596168.png
532KB, 681x514px
>>30892633
I actually like them a lot, not so much the ones where she tags along a mane six adventure but rather ones where her and her friends go off to do their own thing. Like CMC episodes
>>
File: 1419835931627.png (189KB, 563x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1419835931627.png
189KB, 563x1024px
>>30897661
Done.
>>
File: 1418957406460.jpg (98KB, 478x477px) Image search: [Google]
1418957406460.jpg
98KB, 478x477px
>>30897661
Haber replied.

https://twitter.com/joshhaber/status/906197155915771904

He seems salty. Is he no longer with the show?
>>
>>30898840
haber is a worthless piece of shit, he holds a grudge against /mlp/ because we openly point out his mistakes and tell him what a terrible writer he is
>>
>>30898871
I just don't understand his response. What is he even saying?
>>
The changeling reformation was the closest I ever got to dropping the show. If they reform Chrysalis I don't know how I'll cope
>>
>>30899063
I told you already, he's a childish libertarian which means he loves to play victim, so he saw your tweet as an opportunity to victimize himself more, and so he implied that everyone here hates him and his work (which is true).
>>
>>30899113
I understand. It's just such a bizarre thing to do, beyond out of left field.
>>
File: attentionwhore.jpg (219KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
attentionwhore.jpg
219KB, 960x540px
>>30899255
don't try to understand leftards
>>
>>30892551
They could stop making the show, then i'd hate it
>>
>>30898840
Because there's that one autist here with the insane vendetta against him.
>>
>>30897887
It's hard to "elaborate" on this point. Basically whenever a given "contradiction" arises - I can see a working explanation for it that doesn't involve retconning stuff. For instance, like Trixie suddenly going from "can't do magic at all" to "considerably above average unicorn level" can be explained by assuming she always had sufficient affinity with magic but is a terrible scholar (as in learning by the book), thus Starlight who's primarily self-taught was able to present the concepts of magic in a more understandable for Trixie way.
>>
Agreed on Glimmer not gaining an element of her own. She has very little chemistry with the M6. If she was to get an element, then Trixie should get one too, as she's Starlight's best friend.

On EqG, Sunset already has the seventh element, but iin her case, it makes perfect sense. She's the one that brought magic to that world, she's the one that reunited the elements (first to stop her, then to reform her, and finally to lead them and make sure they stay together), she's the one that brought SciTwi to the group, and she's the one that made the M6 accept their new powers.

After doing all of that, it's safe to say that Sunset's gaining of her own element was well earned. She truly deserved it. What could Glimmer possibly do to warrant a new element?
>>
>>30892761
Do you think even a single person will take this bair seriously? Not only Jim MIller but already even McCarthy and Thiessen confirmed at SDCC that heir parents are dead. As much as your brain.
>>
>>30892551

If they were to try and shoe horn Starlight into more long awaited episodes like "A Royal Problem". I'd rather she have her own episodes to develop than being clumsily put into say a Spike meets his mom episode and have both her character suffer and the episode suffer.

>Do you have any big NOs? Something you feel could potentially ruin the show if they pulled it?

If for whatever reason they tried to completely drop the mane6.
>>
>>30902849
so basically youve got a ton of headcanons and asspulls that the writers never considered because they're hacks
>>
>>30902849
how do you explain twilight turning into an alicorn "for something nopony has done before"?
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.