[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought the show was shit now? sure season 6 was a black sheep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

I thought the show was shit now?

sure season 6 was a black sheep but 7 has been producing consistently quality episodes, with only 1 or 2 shitters.
>>
>>30887738
This. Season 7 is the biggest rollar coaster season of the show. Its bad episodes were pretty garbage, but its good episodes have been amazing and there have been more good than bad this season.
>>
>>30887738
Makes me look forward to season 8-15
>>
File: medium.gif (2MB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
medium.gif
2MB, 680x382px
>>30887738
All bad episodes are forgiven only by the fact that "A Royal Problem" exist, I rewatched that episode 30 times.
>>
>>30887738
S7 is surprisingly good
but maybe the expectations were low after S6
>>
File: thumb.png (49KB, 230x250px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.png
49KB, 230x250px
>>30887779
>>
> ITT: Derpibooru faggotry
>>
>>30887794
>parental glidance
>the best scootaloo episode in the show even after her two previous episodes were amazing
>perfect pear
>Amazing episode about AJs parents made better by how the apple family learns about it. Really bitter sweet ending, something that the show rarely does.
>Hard to Say Anything
>Possibly the most entertaining episode in the series, great interactions between the CMC and Big Mac, and entertaining antics all around
>Campfire Tales
>Older sisters actually acting nice towards their younger sisters after the abomination that was Carts Before the Ponies.
>Forever Filly
>Another episode that nails the bitter sweet ending while acknowledging that the CMC really have grown a lot since season 1. Its pretty clear that rarara is in denial the entire time.

No, the show is really getting better. Or maybe its just the CMC episodes were great.
>>
>>30887821
hard to say anything was a pile of garbage. that and honest apple are the only bad episodes this season
>>
>>30888149
>hard to say anything
>bad
No, it really wasn't. That episode was great and I usually hate romance plots.
>>
File: 1384842044687.gif (104KB, 724x806px) Image search: [Google]
1384842044687.gif
104KB, 724x806px
>>30887738
Season 7 is close to S5. It also had couple of pure garbage episodes(Princess Spike, What about Discord) but it also get some amazing episodes that outshined the rest.(Amending Fences, Make new friends but keep Discord, Crusaders of the last Mark)

I think we only got Daring Done and Triple threat as this seasons Princess Spike and What about Disccord so hopefull reast of the episodes are still good.
>>
>>30888384
But Triple Threat is good and Daring Done is decent. Fluttershy Leans in, Honest Apple, and Hard to say anything are the garbage piles this season.
>>
>>30887738
>>30887742
Hasdrones everyone.
>>
>>30888399
I would say Daring Done and Fluttershy Leans In were the worst episodes so far and Berrow is basically the new female Neal Dusedau at this point.

When will she move her career forward and start releasing non pony books like Larson? She really must be bad and cheap if she cannot go above MLP and even then she suck at doing tv episodes.
>>
>>30888425
>I would say Daring Done and Fluttershy Leans In were the worst episodes so far
So much this
>>
>>30887821
You listed two decent episodes and three mediocre ones.
>>
>>30888463
You mean two god tiered ones and three great ones?
>>
>>30888399
Daring Done could've been good if Cabaleron wasn't in the episode at all.
It shouldv'e just been about Daring and the Sphinx.
She couldv'e pillaged her temple, and angered her.
The Spihnx, then takes it out on the town, destroying the statue.
That means the Sphinx could've actually had a CHARACTER, and it would PP, RD, and DD to reason with her, and get on her good side.
We would've gotten a good, character-driven episode, that helped further world-building. It would even have given Hasbro another toy to sell that people would've actually wanted to buy!
Everybody wins. Expect for, you know,
Cabaleron's voice actor.

Instead, we got butt steam...
>>
Is anyone else just completely bored despite the show still being "good"? They all seem to promise something interesting and fail to deliver. It seems like every episode wants to build upon some previously established concept, but the execution is usually so shallow and safe that it ends up adding nothing to the show.

>All Bottled Up
It seems to be trying to develop Starlight and Trixie's characters but I can't say this episode provided me with any interesting interaction between them that I didn't already get in season 6.
>Fluttershy Leans In
This episode promises so much and delivers nothing but a reaffirmation of Fluttershy as the most unlikeable and worst character on the show.
>Forever Filly
It's not a bad episode but can you honestly say the relationship between Sweetie Belle and Rarity developed in a meaningful or memorable way compared to their past episodes together?
>Hard To Say Anything
It's fun for sure, but what does it actually do that the predecessor in season 2 didn't do in a 10 times more interesting way (and actually utilized the world and lore)
>Honest Apple
Adds nothing to the show whatsoever. Just a badly characterized generic sitcom episode.
>Not Asking for Trouble
Attempts to expand the Yaks but leaves me feeling the same as Party Pooped. They're still moronic and unbelievable as a species in Equestria.
>Discordant Harmony
What does this add to Discord and Fluttershy's characterization? The fading away thing was clever but it had no real stakes due to being exclusively in the last act.
>Fame and Misfortune
Did we really need another useless meta episode?
>Triple Threat
Contrived as fuck and makes the table plot device even dumber.
>Campfire Tales
I want to like the tales, but they spent so much time on the framing device that the tales themselves had no substance to them.

There's still great episodes, but having completely average filler episodes instead of awful filler episodes doesn't change my overall interest in the show.
>>
>>30888600
>All Bottled Up
This episode was so stupid that it was hilarious. The song placement was so hilariously stupid that I couldn't help but laugh.

>Forever Filly
Actually yes, it is becoming clear that SB and Rarara are moving further apart rather than closer together, which is a very interesting direction considering what show this is. Rarara treats sweetie belle like shit most of the time and the one time SB does something bad towards her sister, she goes out of her way to make up for it.

>Hard to Say Anything
Cute antics with the CMC and big mac, continued to help the CMC understand what romance is. This may or may not be relevant in the future, but considering both romance episodes had the CMC, they might do something with it.

>Fame and Misfortune
Meme episode. It's not flawless, it's a work in progress.

>Campfire Tales
The framing device was better than the stories, and that was the point. This was a far better story episode than cutie mark chronicles for this reason, as we actually get to see how the characters react instead of "scootaloo is board five times and then impressed by rainbow dash."

Can't say much about the other episodes you listed, because most of them were either bad or mediocre.
>>
>>30887738

Then your a huge faggot OP for thinking season 6 sucks.
>>
>>30888862
Season 6 is the weakest season out of all of the good seasons. Its still better than seasons 1 or 2 thought.
>>
>>30887738
nothing after the first episode is canon

not even the second episode
>>
>>30888893

Not saying season 3 the weakest of the series you must be a bigger faggot than I thought.
>>
>>30888893
nice digits sir.
>>
>>30888893
What's going on with the hate towards seasons 1 and 2?
>>
>>30889163
People are finally recognizing they were overrated seasons.
>>
>>30888600
Don't agree with some of your opinions on certain episodes but I do agree that the writers are generally playing it safer than they could. I guess I don't mind to much because it feels like they're trying to find their footing after so many things got shaken up in season 6. With that said:

>All Bottled Up
I agree with the guy who said that this episode was "stupid" but it also comes back around and shows how Starlight and Trixie are learning how to get along while also trying to understand their differences, how to communicate with each other, and how to deal with tension and anger. Considering how little experience either of these two had with friendship before, I see this as necessary development and different from what we saw when we just saw them becoming friends.

>Forever Filly
Really disagree with this one. This episode shows the beginning of the growing pains these two will deal with as Sweetie Bell gets older and has her own life. What happens in this episode will likely have some bearing on future episodes.

>Honest Apple
Didn't particularly care for this one either but it gave me Strawberry Sunrise and more goth ponies so ehhh.

>Discordant Harmony
Watching Discord interact with people in town was fun. Realizing that people can bond over their differences was also important for his character.

>Fame and Misfortune
This isn't exactly the same sort of meta episode we've had before. It's not for everyone and no it wasn't "needed" but I found it funny and the song was enjoyable.

>Campfire Tales
Pretty much what the other guy said, except I wouldn't say that it's better than Cutie Mark Chronicles.
>>
s6 was pretty weak with a few fantastic episodes.
s7 is pretty strong with a few fantastic episodes.
>>
File: youwhat.png (978KB, 1280x980px) Image search: [Google]
youwhat.png
978KB, 1280x980px
>>30887738
>Gauntlet of Fire
>The Saddle Row Review
>Flutter Brutter
>Spice Up Your Life
>The Times They Are a Changeling
>Viva Las Pegasus
>Top Bolt
I really don't get all the hate for S6. Sure there were a few bad apples carts episode , but most were pretty good.
>>
>>30887820
>>30888421
>mattel shilling this hard
Go play with your failing barbie line.
>>
>>30889309

One good thing about S6 is that it FINALLY gave Spike some good episodes.
>>
>>30889309
changeling reformation is the most retarded thing they could have possibly done imho
>>
>>30889309
Is there any reason at all why carts before the ponies isnt the worst episode in the show? It does everything wrong. I cant think of a single thing it does right, it blatantly ignores development between AJ and AB and SB and Rarara. The ending is the most insulting part, where the older sisters don't care about whether their younger sisters were alright and then blame the younger sisters.
>>
>>30889327
Applejack is the new Spike.
>>
>>30887738
>season 6
>black sheep
Nigga season 3 is right there you know.
>>
>>30887738
>with only 1 or 2 shitters.
unironically, those are the Glimmer centered episodes
>>
>>30891009
No they aren't. They are flutter shy leans in and honest apples.
>>
>>30889163
At this stage most of the people who liked the show for the earlier seasons are long gone, leaving the bandwagoners who jumped on later and therefore prefer the later, inferior seasons.
>>
>>30891722
wrong, friend
those are merely "meh" episodes
>>
File: delete this rara content aware.png (505KB, 810x594px) Image search: [Google]
delete this rara content aware.png
505KB, 810x594px
>>30889309
>Spice Up Your Life
>good

>Hey guy's I got an idea for an episode, why not we take the pony named -RARITY-, whose special talent is finding the special unique beauty in the mundane and have her tell a creative to make his art exactly like everyone else's!
>>
>>30887738
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I'd genuinely murder all hasdrones RIGHT NOW. You freaks are out of this world.
>>
>>30889309
The two-parters were the weakest of the series, and the writers didn't put any effort into reformed Starlight's character.
>>
File: SmileNyx.png (129KB, 700x599px) Image search: [Google]
SmileNyx.png
129KB, 700x599px
>Still watching the show
>>
>>30887738
I liked it pre-hiatus, but the latest couple have all been shit. The only ok one was the camping one, and that was just an anthology of legends filler ep.
>>
>>30893097
>Fame and Misfortune
A good meta episode with a lot of fun antics, I don't get why people dislike this one.

>Triple Threat
The only bad episode in the post-hiatus run so far.

>Campfire Tales
The framing device carries this episode more than the stories do, the CMC + Sisters are adorable with each other and each have a moment to shine.
>>
>>30893347
I thought Triple Threat was pretty good. Definitely not on my list of bad ones this season. That would probably go to Honest Apple, Hard to Say Anything, and maybe Daring Done.

What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>30892411
>and the writers didn't put any effort into reformed Starlight's character.
Then why do they give her so many episodes? You don't give a ton of screentime and focus to someone you're not putting effort into.
>>
File: 579271.png (312KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
579271.png
312KB, 800x450px
>>30893347
The people who dislike Fame and Misfortune are exactly the kind of people the episode made fun of.

>>30887820
>>30888421
>>30892360
Case in point.
>>
>>30889312
>still liking 2dpd bimbos
get out
>>
>>30887821
Glidance was shit. Terrible parents that nearly ruined RD life, and Scotshit daring to backtalk Dash (and I don't even like Dash) for finally lashing out after years of that treatment and nearly being kicked out of Wonderbolts. Yes, maybe Dash overreacted a tiny bit, but for once her asshole behaviour was well justified, and if I were Dash I'd tell Scot to go where sun doesn't shine for dragging crazy back into my life without even bothering to ask and apologized to parents in private later. How the idiot writer tried to put Dash in the wrong there when for once Dash was innocent and it was all nutjob trio I have no idea...
>>
>>30889309
spice up your life wasnt a good episode
stop this meme

also thats only 6/26 episodes
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1315x739px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1315x739px
I didn't hate it
is there hope for me
>>
>>30894482
You're kidding right?
Listen, I fucking love this show, I an overlook all the inconsistencies just for the sake of cute pone.
That being said, "Fame and Misfortune" is the only episode worse than "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies"
>EVERY pony reads the book for the sake of the episode
>EVERY pony immediately takes sides and acts like the shitposters of /mlp/ regardless of their previous personalities
>it's okay because we're "not flawless" which has nothing do with the original prompt
>"it doesn't matter if the entire country is against us and each other over this, we'll fix it just before the new episode next week and forget it happened at all"

The writers obviously got too caught up in the "blast the fans that are vocal about what they don't like" aspect to give a shit about any kind of real plot line or denomont
>>
>>30887738
>I thought the show was shit now?
It is. A few OK episodes doesn't change that.
>>
>>30895284
Why would someone take the time and effort to list all the good episodes just to have someone say they have shit taste and other dank memes?
>>
>>30888600
This post seems to promise some rationality and fails to deliver.
>>
>>30898206
>promise some rationality
>rationality
>on the pony board of an underwater basket weaving forum

Nigga, you're expecting a goddamned miracle.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.