[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So uh when do they start the marketing blitz so moms with kids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1502724747459.png (1MB, 1638x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1502724747459.png
1MB, 1638x2048px
So uh when do they start the marketing blitz so moms with kids become aware that this movie exists and will be out in a month?
>>
>>30885866
They don't plan on marketing the movie. At some point they decided that being an MLP movie was enough; the bronies will spread the word and market it totally for free. And when the movie inevitably fails, instead of blaming their lack of marketing, they'll simply decide that MLP is no longer relevant and kill the series.
>>
>>30885892
>Hasbro
>Killing MLP
It has been going on since the 80's and it is five times more popular now than it ever was.
>>
They post on Facebook and Twitter a lot. But I don't ever see any YouTube ads. Are they running commercials on TV?
>>
>>30885913
I meant killing G4. Then they'll wait about five years and make a G5 that's written by talentless hacks and is aimed squarely at the 3-7 little girl demographic. Then they'll cancel that when it fails to make the brony lightning strike twice and they'll wait a few years to try again.
>>
>>30885866
Lionsgate has always sucked at marketing animated movies. Hasbro should have known what they were getting themselves into.
>>
>>30885927
>they'll wait about five years
They'll start immediately but wait like 2 for it to be released if LPS is anything to go by
>>
>>30885866
It will be playing in theatres around the world that's enough.
>>
>>30887571
Not if nopony knows when it's airing.

Speaking of which, do you think they'll still say "somepony, anypony" etc in the movie?
>>
>>30887632
You're saying it right now, that' will be enough.

It's a movie for little girls primarily it will market itself, has nothing to do with bronies.
>>
>>30885866
I think most movie theaters have posters for upcoming movies and currently playing. I think most theater goers will at the very least see it and spread it by word of mouth. But yeah I haven't seen anything on tv either (though I barely watch tv at all, and I never see youtube ads because ublock master race)
>>
>>30887632
Local distributors are advertising it pretty well I guess.
In my cunt the dubbed trailer has around 5k views. That's nice for a non-disney/dreamworks cartoon.
>>
>>30887632
They use "somecreature" in the books.
>>
>>30885866
My normie friends have asked me if I'm going to watch it. Ads are in the theaters already.
t. Russian
>>
>>30885866
I can't go into a toy store without seeing a big display talking about new mlp toys from the upcoming movie, I even try to avoid that shit and I still end up seeing it, there advertisement is in their toys and the toys' sales, the only thing Hasbro cares about
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.