[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember in Lesson zero when Twilight would use magic to solve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 18

File: 875875856856.png (53KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
875875856856.png
53KB, 250x141px
Remember in Lesson zero when Twilight would use magic to solve her problems, fuck everything up, had to get someone else to fix her problem, and then face no consequences for it? Remember when the CMC did something similar for significantly better reasons in hearts and hooves day and still faced consequences?

Why were people fine with Twilight not facing consequences, but when Glimmer does something similar, people freak out about Glimmer being a mary sue? Hell, Glimmer has been punished more on average compared to how Twilight was given no punishment in Lesson Zero and people adore Lesson Zero. Why do people still bash Glimmer again?
>>
File: jo.png (74KB, 607x354px) Image search: [Google]
jo.png
74KB, 607x354px
Remember when OP got called out for being a tranny with a spanking fetish who begged for money from Trump, and rather than own up to it, just kept making more threads?
>>
>>30883354

there was a significant period of time when people on /mlp/ were constantly complaining about Twilight being a Mary Sue and the CMC getting away with murder in all of their episodes
>>
>>30883354
Stop ruining the narrative of my low effort shitposting.
>>
>>30883377
>CMC getting away with murder
Really? They almost always faced punishment whenever they did something wrong. The only time they didn't was staremasters (which was a shit episode) or to a lesser extent cutie pox (even then AB apologized profusely).
>>
Because people make judgements and then rationalise them afterward, without giving them much thought.
She's a mary sue yet she has flaws and is wrong all the tims
She always comes in and saves the day yet that has only ever happened in to where and back again.
She's poochie even though she never tries too hard to appeal to what the writers thinks kids find cool and she has not changed what the show is about.
The only time starlight has ever done something wrong and has not been told off for it was her reformation, but even then she clearly feels guilty and tries to make things better.
>>
File: 1444992268122.png (39KB, 261x358px) Image search: [Google]
1444992268122.png
39KB, 261x358px
>>30883354
>it's an "OP started watching in 2015 and doesn't know that people have always criticised the show since the very beginning" thread
>>
File: 1366384239984.png (581KB, 1280x892px) Image search: [Google]
1366384239984.png
581KB, 1280x892px
>>30883449
>>
>>30883354
because twilight never removed any cutie marks
and never damn near broke time itself
glimshit did everything twiggles did, but exponentially worse
twilight accidentally swaps her friends' cutie marks
glimshit, with malice aforethought, outright removes a whole village's cutie marks
twilight accidentally causes a minor temporal loop
glimshit, with malice aforethought, creates several bad futures because she was assmad about losing

>>30883435
I think you misread the question
>>
>>30883449
>Season 1
>the CMC suck, they take too much time from the mane 6
>Season 2
>the CMC suck when they are in a group, and cadence is a perfect mary sue with no flaws
>Season 3
>the CMC don't suck any more, but discord was ruined! Twilicorn ruined everything! Equestria girls is the worst idea since twillicorn!
>Season 4
>Twilicorn still sucks!
>Season 5
>Wtf who is this poochie character, she is garbage!
>Season 6
>Poochie is taking too much time away from the mane 6, also the changelings were ruined!
>Season 7
>Poochie is still taking too much time away from the mane 6

I take it by season 8, they will start liking Glimmer and find something else to hate?
>>
>>30883501
Please god just remove cousin oliver the OP unicorn who can do no wrong, make her go back to her town or something, fuck.
>>
>>30883435
>Because people make judgements and then rationalise them afterward
Wrong, you bronies are the only idiots who do that.
>>
>>30883492
>malice
No she was a true believer who was trying to make the world a better place.
>>
>>30883492
Twilight did mind control an entire town of people because she didn't want to get in trouble for not completing a homework assignment and faced no consequences.

The CMC mind controlled two people because they wanted to make those people happy, did everything they could do undo the spell, and still faced some consequences.
>>
>>30883501
>people were complaining about "Poochie" during S5
Oh so I was right, you did start watching in 2015. Thanks for the confirmation, brother.
>>
>>30883524
Ahahahahahaha, she couldn't even believe her own bullshit, what a hypocrite. She was just pretending to be deluded.
>>
>>30883548
>Twilight did mind control an entire town of people because she didn't want to get in trouble for not completing a homework assignment and faced no consequences.
she was clearly insane
>The CMC mind controlled two people because they wanted to make those people happy, did everything they could do undo the spell, and still faced some consequences.
and?

>>30883524
t.glimmernigger
>>
>>30883561
They were at the end of season 5. Do you think people were complaining about equestria girls in the middle of season 3?

>>30883560
Twilight is basically a mary sue if Glimmer is as what Twilight did was basically as bad as what Glimmer did and there is a precedent of non-mary sue characters being punished for such action.
>>
>>30883564
She completely believed in it, to the point where she genuinely refused to believe that stopping the m6 meeting could have a significant impact on the world since they were so different.
>>
>>30883581
hey kid
you missed the "clearly insane" part
>>
>>30883595
Does that excuse her behavior? If so, it should excuse Glimmers as well because she genuinely thought she was doing the right thing.
>>
>>30883616
there's a pretty big difference between desperation and insanity, m8
sidenote: twilight also isn't a sociopath
>>
>>30883621
That doesn't change anything. Twilight still hurt people for selfish reasons. At least Glimmer was trying to do something that was for what she viewed as the greater good.
>>
>>30883644
m8
do you not understand the meaning and implications of the word "insane"? glimshit was completely sane the whole time
also she was downright malicious about it
belief or not, she didn't need to be a cunt about it
>>
>>30883621
Twilight isn't insane though, she was only stressing.
Starlight seems to feel an awful lot of guilt and empathy for a psychopath desu.
>>30883651
How was she malicious? She was only trying to enact her vision of a better future.
>>
>>30883354
The characters around Glimmer tend to ignore/praise her even if she makes mistakes or she claims it was an accident. She's rarele ever held accountable except for maybe a couple of instances. In Lesson Zero, Spike ws literally telling Twilight to stop. He later on called Celestia to stop Twilight because she was going over board.

It seems natural with Twilight and you can't really be too hard on children like the CMCs when they make mistakes. But with Glimmy, its like the plot is always on her side no matter what she does.
>>
>>30883667
>desu
opinion discarded
also
twilight was clearly not in her right mind
glimmer either showed no signs of it, or was completely sane and rational the whole time

>How was she malicious?
the fact that you need to ask this just further invalidates your opinion

>>30883672
this
>>
>>30883651
That was the old Starlight. The interesting one. The new Starlight is normal. Very very normal. Don't you know that when you reform, your insanity is completely cured?
>>
>>30883695
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not
>>
File: 4822302_249px.jpg (12KB, 249x309px) Image search: [Google]
4822302_249px.jpg
12KB, 249x309px
>>30883667
>a vision of a better future
Of course, by manipulating and slaving a whole town! Why the fuck did she do that in the first place? Oh, yeah, because some stupid childhood "trauma". Also, she ruined my waifu this one character I like.
>>
>>30883672
>every little thing she does
she gets scolded and has to clean up the mess she made
>a royal problem
she was scolded and then wracked with guilt for the rest of the episode
>to change a changeling
she was scolded
so you're talking out of your ass?

>>30883689
She was literally just stressing, once the stress goes away she returns to normal instantly.
>the fact that you need to ask this just further invalidates your opinion
so you can't justify it then?

>>30883709
>Why the fuck did she do that in the first place?
Because she believed her ideology was going to create a better equestria
>my waifu
Cuck
>>
>>30883721
>so you can't justify it then?
no, it's just fucking obvious
if you watched the ep, that is

>>every little thing she does
>she gets scolded and has to clean up the mess she made
>>a royal problem
>she was scolded and then wracked with guilt for the rest of the episode
>>to change a changeling
>she was scolded
>so you're talking out of your ass?
proof or shut up

>Because she believed her ideology was going to create a better equestria
wrong
she was just assmad that her childhood bf got his cutie mark before her
>>
>>30883700
I'm being sarcastic.

I believe Glimmy was batshit insane. Her reaction to losing her friend, Sunburst, was disproportionate. There's details left vague on purpose but it doesn't matter what details you put in there, she's still gonna come off as insane.

The only time she began acting sane is after her reformation. Its almost like they replaced one character with another.
>>
>>30883747
>The only time she began acting sane is after her reformation
not like reformed glimshit is any better tho
>>
File: lunafacehoof.png (108KB, 900x812px) Image search: [Google]
lunafacehoof.png
108KB, 900x812px
>>30883721
>mfw you answer a rhetorical question that's answered in the very next sentence

Try harder, glimmerfag.
>>
>>30883721
I said except for a few instances. The only time she got scolded was Every Little Thing and To Change a Changeling. Royal Problem doesn't count. She was literally praised by both princesses for switching their cutie marks by accident at the end.
>>
>>30883749
No she is not. Reformed Glimmy is WORSE. I'd rather have an insane one that gets isnto all sorts of trouble and laughs maniacally about it rather than a boring one that's sorry all the time.
>>
>>30883738
>it's obvious
Mate just close the thread and click hide, you'll forget about it soon enough and I'm sure someone else will come along an put up a better argument than you anyway.

>proof or shut up
???
>ELTSD
the m5 yell at her and then she is told to go clean up all her shit.
>ARP
the princesses scold her for switching their cutie marks then she almost gets ptsd from the guilt induced nightmare.
>TCAC
Did you even watch it?

>she was just assmad that her childhood bf got his cutie mark before her
Wrong, that's what lead her to forming her ideology, her ideology was behind the village.

>>30883756
I'm correcting you retard.

>>30883758
>by accident
It wasn't an accident and no one says it was.
She's only lucky that her decision worked out, she still feels guilty and acknowledges that she could have messed everything up in the end.
And one instance does not count as "most of the time"
>>
File: married.png (1MB, 5063x3076px) Image search: [Google]
married.png
1MB, 5063x3076px
>>30883775
Lol. Is this a butt hurt Glimmerfag? The kind that everyone likes to pick on? The ones that constantly grasps at straws made of thin air thinking they will one day marry a cartoon character from a tv show? It is, isn't it?
>>
>>30883770
I'd rather her not exist at all, but given the choice between villain and """""protagonist""""", I'll take villain

>>30883775
>Mate just close the thread and click hide, you'll forget about it soon enough and I'm sure someone else will come along an put up a better argument than you anyway.
are you retarded?

>>proof or shut up
>???
>>ELTSD
>the m5 yell at her and then she is told to go clean up all her shit.
>>ARP
>the princesses scold her for switching their cutie marks then she almost gets ptsd from the guilt induced nightmare.
>>TCAC
>Did you even watch it?
really now? timestamps and screenshots/clips or shut up

>>she was just assmad that her childhood bf got his cutie mark before her
>Wrong, that's what lead her to forming her ideology, her ideology was behind the village.
you literally just said that I am right
in an effort to prove me wrong
you ARE retarded
>>
>>30883797
>really now? timestamps and screenshots/clips or shut up
Do you watch the show?
All those things happen at the tail end of their episodes. I could go through and find the exact time but none of those things are exactly subtle and i don't believe you are being genuine with me right now.

>you literally just said that I am right
her childhood experience is what led her to believing in her ideology, that does not contradict her genuine belief in her ideology.
>>
>>30883810
>All those things happen at the tail end of their episodes
and therein lies the problem
she should be scolded immediately after fucking up

>her childhood experience is what led her to believing in her ideology, that does not contradict her genuine belief in her ideology.
now you're saying that her assmadness isn't what made the village, even though you already admitted that it was?
I have no words
>>
>>30883793
Ain't that a sweet picture?
>>
>>30883835
Why? Her fucking up is often the complication in the story, you can't just immediately resolve it.
That doesn't even carry because she IS scolded immediately after fucking up as well, both in TCAC when she tells thorax that pharynx is missing and in ARP when she switches their cutie marks.

>Because she believed her ideology was going to create a better equestria
This is what you responded to.
to say that sunburst going away lead her towards that ideology does not contradict that at all.
>>
>>30883875
scolding her=/= resolution

>to say that sunburst going away lead her towards that ideology does not contradict that at all
then why are you bothering to say it?

let's be honest
this show has taken a steep decline in quality since glimshit became part of the m6's crew
just like fairly odd parents
add a new character, show goes to shit
>>
File: 1462887546963.jpg (29KB, 653x461px) Image search: [Google]
1462887546963.jpg
29KB, 653x461px
>>30883894
>then why are you bothering to say it?
because you claimed that she did not believe in her ideology and was just doing it out of butthurt and i was correcting you.

You're just incoherently screeching now so i think I'm done here and I've made my point.
>>
>>30883793
I don't understand this waifu thing or whatever but why the heck would you waifu a character that obviously has a potential boyfriend.

With Starlight's track record, they would prbably develop Starlight and Sunburst relationship via a montage like all her character developments.
>>
>>30883915
>because you claimed that she did not believe in her ideology
never did I say that
you mistake me for another anon
though belief doesn't make what she did okay, as she was sane and lucid the entire time
you have yet to point out why I should be sympathetic for her
>>
>>30883916
To me this whole waifu thingie is just a joke
>>
>>30883672
The CMC were a contrast to show that characters were punished for lesser things than what Twilight did. Twilight however faced no punishment for a terrible act, something Glimmer haters like to harp on.
>>
File: scientifically_proven.gif (655KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
scientifically_proven.gif
655KB, 300x168px
>>30883354
Twilight didn't steal cutiemarks (including from a princess) and destroy the world by fucking with time travel. You look fucking retarded by implying it's the same thing
>>
>>30883927
>you mistake me for another anon
I find that hard to believe looking at that comment chain.
>though belief doesn't make what she did okay
No it doesn't, but it does mean her intent wasn't malicious.
>you have yet to point out why I should be sympathetic for her
was i supposed to? Well i guess just because of the way she always tries to make things right after she makes a mistake and the very clear guilt she feels. She was completely socially isolated from the time sunburst left until she was reformed, she had followers but no friends.
>>
File: notthisshitagain.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
notthisshitagain.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>30883667
>How was she malicious? She was only trying to enact her vision of a better future.
Yes, so were Lenin and Stalin. It's called Marxism.
>>
>>30883949
believing in your cause=/=not being malicious
did you not watch the episode where they went back in time?
she was being a righteous cunt the whole damn time

>>30883949
>>you have yet to point out why I should be sympathetic for her
>was i supposed to? Well i guess just because of the way she always tries to make things right after she makes a mistake and the very clear guilt she feels. She was completely socially isolated from the time sunburst left until she was reformed, she had followers but no friends.
k cool
still hate the character
also
nothing to say about
>let's be honest
>this show has taken a steep decline in quality since glimshit became part of the m6's crew
>just like fairly odd parents
>add a new character, show goes to shit
this little spiel?

>>30883953
this too
>>
>>30883939
Twilight was willing to stop time all together and mind controlled an entire town for very selfish and faced zero punishment for either.
>>
>>30883982
>willing to stop time all together
she. was. insane.

>mind controlled an entire town
see above
>>
>>30883953
Communism does not deny or discourage people from having talents.

>>30883964
>believing in your cause=/=not being malicious
This is not true if you believe your cause is only going to bring good things for the world

>did you not watch the episode where they went back in time?
in her eyes she was only doing what twilight had done to her, taking away her "friendships" she was very angry.
>>
>>30883982
There you go looking like a retard again. She wasn't in her normal mental state when she did those things, Starlight was. Take off your "glimmy wimmy muh waifu" glasses
>>
>>30883996
>>believing in your cause=/=not being malicious
>This is not true if you believe your cause is only going to bring good things for the world
Chrysalis was doing what was right in her eyes
and people still call her malicious

>in her eyes she was only doing what twilight had done to her, taking away her "friendships" she was very angry.
I hope you have a quote directly from the episode to prove this

>>30883997
this
>>
>>30883997
>>30884011
This applies to Glimmer as well then, she clearly wasn't sane either.
>>
>>30884026
where's your proof?
>>
>>30884026
You're a fucking retard, jesus christ. I swear to god Glimmerfags lately have be trying their hardest to beat shimmerfags in terms of delusion
>>
>>30884011
>Malicious: full of, characterized by, or showing malice; intentionally harmful; spiteful
so if you have good intentions there is no way you can be malicious, chrysalis is not truly evil BUT she does want to feed on love at the expense of all of pony kind, so she is entirely malicious toward ponies.
>I hope you have a quote directly from the episode to prove this
The cutie remark part one, while twilight is trapped in the crystal and sinking through the clouds.
"it was a special place and you and your friends took it away, now it's my turn to take something special from you
>>
>>30884031
I have the same amount of proof as you do for twilight being insane.

>>30884046
By using good arguments and facts?
>>
>>30883982
I don't think its the punishment. I think its the fact that at least 1 character tried to talk Twilight out of it. I mean Spike.

Mary Sues never have other characters around them disagreeing with them. Everyone agrees with them no matter what. Even if they disagree with them a little bit, that character ends p being proven wrong later on.

When Glimmy does shit, the characters around her rarely ever disagree with her plans or what she's doing. And even if they do, Glimmy ends up being in the right. The only time this didn't happen was to Change a Changeling. Then again, her plan was inconsequential as Pharynx found the mole bear thing before it was lead into the hive.
>>
>>30884055
>good arguments and facts
Not at all, stupidity and delusion is all there is to your posts so far
>>
>>30884052
and glimmer was entirely malicious towards twilight
nigga
seriously
get some damn help

>"it was a special place and you and your friends took it away, now it's my turn to take something special from you
fair enough
still doesn't justify her actions tho

>>30884055
>good
pls

>I have the same amount of proof as you do for twilight being insane.
really? or are you jsut saying that because you have no proof and are trying to make me look bad so you """"""win"""""" the """""""debate"""""""?
>>
>>30884062
I don't think its this, just because Glimmer rarely has anyone else around when she does her magical schemes, or does it so quickly that no one else has time to interject. Like in a royal problem, Glimmer just used a spell and then Twilight freaked out over it or in all bottled up, no one really had the chance to mention that bottling up her anger was a bad idea.

Honestly, I think Twilight not being punished in lesson zero is the biggest mary sue moment in the series, she absolutely deserved to be punished but still wasn't. Her friends took the blame instead even though they didn't do anything nearly as bad as her.
>>
>>30884062
Every little thing she does, her plan was wrong, everyone disagrees with her,
Same for all bottled up.
In the crystalling she wants to avoid meeting sunburst but she's wrong and spike makes her do it.
So in what glimcentric episodes does she do the correct thing in? just to where and back again and a royal problem?

>>30884075
>and glimmer was entirely malicious towards twilight
I know, i was arguing about the cutie map.
With twilight she is malicious, but even then from her perspective it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.
>>
>>30884096
care to reiterate that in english? you made several typos and I can''t tell what you meant to say
>>
>>30884114
Sorry senpai i'll fix it.
>So in what glimcentric episodes does she do the correct thing?
Hope that helps.
>>
>>30884088
If Pinkie did something bad during her freak out in Party of One she wouldn't be punished either, because guess what, ponies are empathetic and know that Pinkie is a benevolent pony who wouldn't want to hurt anyone if she were in her right mind. That doesn't make her a Mary Sue.
Starlight doing the same is a whole different story, and her being so easily forgiven DOES make her a Mary sue.
>>
>>30884096
>from her perspective it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.
how so? if anything, it's worse
seriously nigga
just shut up and let me sleep
>>
>>30884139
Because it was an eye for an eye.
Just go to sleep, it's fine to admit you're wrong. It's one of the things i like most about glimmy actually.
>>
>>30884157
>eye for an eye
that could be applied to Chrysalis too

>Just go to sleep, it's fine to admit you're wrong. It's one of the things i like most about glimmy actually.
shitposter detected
>>
>>30884138
>that could be applied to Chrysalis too
not really, chrysalis attacked canterlot and tried to lock them in pods for the rest of their lives, all the ponies did was kick her out.
Changeling nature is just evil, until they realized they don't have to be evil.

>>30884138
Twilight forgives starlight after she sees that deep inside starlight is just a vulnerable lonely pone who needs some friendship.
>her being so easily forgiven DOES make her a Mary sue
Not really, having no flaws, being a self insert, being the chosen one and always being right makes you a mary sue, being wrong a lot of the time and then being forgiven just means that you have nice friends.
>>
Twilight only got out of punishment because her friends were trying to stick up for her.

Glimmer gets out of punishment just by virtue of being herself.
>>
>>30884204
a. you quoted the wrong guy
b. how does it not? she was denied love, so she took it by force

>having no flaws,(check) being a self insert,(infinite checks) being the chosen one(check) and always being right (the only one here that doesn't have a check)
>>
>>30884157
>eye for an eye
ROFLMAO, Twilight only helped some ponies in need while Starlight tried to ALTER TIME so Twilight didn't even meet her friends.
>>
>>30884204
>Not really, having no flaws, being a self insert, being the chosen one and always being right makes you a mary sue, being wrong a lot of the time and then being forgiven just means that you have nice friends.
Sounds just like twilight.

>>30884138
It's a lot clearer that Pinkie was insane than Twilight. Twilight just seemed to be taking stress too far where Pinkie seemed to actually go insane; Pinkie also had far better reasons to go insane (thinking her friends abandoned her) over being late on an assignment. Despite this, Twilight still committed far worse acts than Pinkie did, Twilight hurt abunch of innocent towns people while Pinkie just kept to herself. It could even be argued that Glimmer was insane if accept that Twilight is.
>>
>>30884204
>being wrong a lot of the time and then being forgiven just means that you have nice friends.
You literally just said LZ was the biggest Mary Sue moment in the series. That's why it sucks arguing on /mlp/, people can't stay consistent for two minutes
>>
>>30884256
Because chrysalis had nothing taken from her, she was only denied the ability to steal something from others.

>having no flaws
she's impulsive, socially anxious, has difficulty opening up about herself, has difficulty relating to others, blunt, aggressive etc
>being a self insert
>being the chosen one
neither are true sorry.
>>30884270
>what is perspective
>>30884279
That's fine, because i like twilight too.
>>30884283
That wasn't me.
>>
>>30884279
>(thinking her friends abandoned her) over being late on an assignment
No. Twilight literally thought she would be such a huge disappointment to Celestia, the immortal ruler of Equestria AND her biggest idol and life long mentor, that she would be sent back to kindergarden. And Twilight is just as insane as Pinkie.
>>
>>30884245
>twilight did a really bad thing, but no no, it is actually OUR fault because we didn't listen to our mary sue, er twilight well enough

That sounds like mary sue tiered writing.
>>
>>30884279
dude
you need to go to bed
you keep making typos
also you'll stop posting for a bit and my sanity'll be able to take a break
btw
>>30884279
>>Not really, having no flaws, being a self insert, being the chosen one and always being right makes you a mary sue, being wrong a lot of the time and then being forgiven just means that you have nice friends.
>Sounds just like twilight.
nnnnnnnno

>>30884295
>she's impulsive, socially anxious, has difficulty opening up about herself, has difficulty relating to others, blunt, aggressive etc
all smaller than twilight's problems

>>being a self insert
she's clearly vogel's self-insert

>>being the chosen one
to where and back again
case closed

>>what is perspective
just because she has a different perspective doesn't make her right
you could use the same argument to prove that Hitler was in the right

>>30884327
>assaults his argument instead of having his own counter-argument
fucking wew
>>
I was starting to wonder... All this arguing... What for?
>>
>>30884347
we're trying(emphasis on trying) to enlighten some delusional glimmerniggers
>>
>>30884354
I see...
>>
>>30884336
>all smaller than twilight's problems
are they? Because they seem to have caused a lot of trouble in her life.
>she's clearly vogel's self-insert
I really really want you to justify this one, since it's so clear and all.
>to where and back again
She's literally just the only one left and is forced to step up because of it.
There is no ancient prophesy or magical mcguffin tied to her.

>just because she has a different perspective doesn't make her right
it doesn't, but when thinking about her motivations you have to view the world from her perspective, if you were starlight you would just think that twilight came into your village, which was something you loved and something that was improving people's lives and destroyed it.

>>30884336
i feel like i should mention that that's not me, neither is this >>30884279
there are multiple people in this thread.
>in an argument it's not valid to attack the other person's argument.
This is getting embarrassing.
>>
>>30884347
Show that Twilight is a mary sue. The glimmer haters are really just neo /mlp/ who doesn't remember when Lesson Zero aired, they don't realize that Twilight was a mary sue.
>>
>>30884374
I mean >>30884327 and >>30884279
are different people.
>>
>>30884376
>The glimmer haters are really just neo /mlp/ who doesn't remember when Lesson Zero aired, they don't realize that Twilight was a mary sue
ad hominem now, eh?

>>30884374
>>in an argument it's not valid to attack the other person's argument.
>This is getting embarrassing.
you don't attack their argument
you deconstruct it
there's a difference between saying "haha, you're wrong" and actually providing counterarguments

this is your last fucking (you), kiddo
don't spend it all in one place
>>
>>30884395
He pointed out how the other guy's argument was hypocritical and wrong.
>ad hominem now, eh?
the ironing.

I honestly thought i would be proven wrong in this thread, or at least driven to somewhere uncomfortable. pretty embarassing display desu.
>>
File: image.png (165KB, 754x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
165KB, 754x1024px
>>30883354
BOOP
>>
>>30884395
This is how Glimmer haters act in the face of defeat.
>>
File: Good pone.avi.png (824KB, 1261x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Good pone.avi.png
824KB, 1261x1024px
>>30884493
I guess it's a wrap then.
Starlight is the very best pony.
>>
>>30884415
You've been proven wrong multiple times. No one expects you to admit it, though, so rest easy, little guy. What you do with the facts that you've learned today is up to you.
>>
The difference between Twilight and Glimmer, and why Lesson Zero is a beloved episode? Twilight fucking LEARNED her lesson. She never stressed out over homework assignments like this again, and a major character flaw of hers was changed. In season 1 I'll admit Twilight is pretty mary sue, but this, Lesson Zero, is a defining moment in her character. She learned her lesson, her character grew and changed from this experience.

Starlight Glimmer?
>nearly fucked up all of Equestria by creating a cult of anti-cutie mark ponies, and nearly stealing the cutie marks of the Elements of Harmony, and a princess, to boot.
Okay, she's a villain, whatever.
>nearly destroyed the ENTIRE FUTURE for her own selfish and petty goals, and WOULD HAVE had Twilight not stopped her.
She was still a villain, I'll let it pass. Villains tend not to learn to stop doing evil.
>She was reformed
Didn't like this, but it's whatever. Not gonna complain.
>She was made Twilight's apprentice
motherfucker, no. You do NOT make an incredibly dangerous ultra-powerful Unicorn your apprentice, one that nearly destroyed the entire PLANET.
>she then mind-controls the m6
this is where I draw the line. Glimmer's aushwitz-tier village was PROOF that she knew how bad controlling people's actions were, especially after her reform. Any decent character after a reformation would never do this, let alone Starlight who had prior experience. She didn't learn shit, she's still just as petty and retarded as ever. This is why I hate glimmer. Shitty character, shitty writing, and shitty characterization.
>>
>>30884539
Her reformation was bad precisely because it was such a sudden and right angle change.
Every little thing she does shows her panicking and falling back on the one thing she's confident in. It was a turn for the better imo.
>>
>>30884553
Also
>>30884539
>You do NOT make an incredibly dangerous ultra-powerful Unicorn your apprentice, one that nearly destroyed the entire PLANET
Why? Who better to reform this pony than the princess of friendship? would it be better to send her somewhere else? to someone who can't handle her magic?
>>
>>30884553
I agree with this. Her reformation was bad, and her character had no room to change, as any decently written story should've allowed. However, intentionally falling back on her -evil- habits is completely unacceptable for her, especially given she is blatantly aware how bad her actions are. If she fell back into evil and villainy because it was comfortable for her, it should've played out in a different way so as not to pretty much slap the audience with the fact that Glimmer hasn't changed at all. We see Twilight change a MAJOR character flaw, and not regress on that.

>>30884569
I'm saying that Glimmer should've either been locked away in tartarus for her crimes (as she should have been), or placed under a strict watch. Twilight has only been a princess for a few years, hardly enough time to really garner enough experience to then teach a student herself. It also seems Glimmer was practically rewarded after her reformation, and not punished for her crimes. She was made the apprentice of a princess, and was now connected closely to the m6, very prominent and important ponies.
>>
>>30884591
>If she fell back into evil and villainy because it was comfortable for her
No i mean her magic, she falls back on it because she's afraid and she wants a way to avoid social interaction.
I don't think it's really the same because she's panicking and trying to avoid things without considering the feelings of others, not trying to make them bend to her worldview or imprisoning them.
Even so, she wouldn't be the first character to not learn her lesson.

>locked away in tartarus
The only things that get locked in tartarus are literal monsters and tirek, who was driven solely by greed and a desire for power.
Starlight really wasn't like this, she had good intentions but she was simply misguided, in the cutie remark starlight (in her eyes) is taking an eye for an eye so it's not pure villainy or irrational behaviour.

>hardly enough time to really garner enough experience to then teach a student herself
That seems like a baseless judgement, twilight is doing a decent job so far.
>not punished for her crimes
punishment is not a effective form of rehabilitation.
>>
>>30883354

Unicorns in general need to live at least one year of their lives without any magic so they understand how to live without it...
>>
>>30884513
She is top tiered.
>>
>>30884539
Except for its about time, and the crystal empire, and games ponies play (where she finally learned to stop).
>>
>>30884569
I'd agree with you if Twilight actually focused on reforming Glimmer, but she's giving her fucking magic lessons and letting her run off on her own, even despite the episode where she explicitly said she wouldn't let her go off alone. Why would you give the villain who tried to kill you multiple times and who mind controlled your friends right in front you lessons on how to more effectively mind control people?
>>
>>30886002
By season seven its clear that she is redeemed considering she just saved equestria from certain destruction.
>>
>>30886011
She was doing all this in season 6.
Sorry, just needed to fix that error.
>>
>>30886031
In all of her episodes outside to where in back again, Twilight kept a pretty short lease on her, she always had herself, spike or one of the other mane 6 stay with her. It wasn't until season 7 when she had more freedom.
>>
>>30883354
Because Glimmer does this on a constant basis, while Twilight only pulled shit like this once and it was supposed to be a huge character-building moment for her.
Also, compare the impact
>turn one small town crazy for an hour
vs.
>create a cult, destroy the world 7 times in a row, brainwash your friends, switch the life purposes of two monarchs, lure a dangerous creature to a friendly nation
>>
>>30886035
Ah, I suppose you're right. She still left her alone on two episodes though, (No Second Prances and Every Little Thing She Does) and both times was surprised when Starlight fucked things up. Spike's not exactly going to be able to do much against Glimmer either. I'm not convinced her leash is as tight as you think it is.
>>
>>30883354
Twilight's punishment was the self inflicted stress and harm she caused herself during the episode, plus she had her friends to interject for her. It's like in Feeling Pinkie Keen, where Twilight's need to understand caused her to hurt herself, or in It's About Time, where the same thing happened. Just because a punishment isn't inflicted by an outside character doesn't mean that a punishment isn't inflicted.
Glimmer has never suffered any kind of consequences to her actions, because most of the time her mistakes actually harm other people. ELTSD had her magic harm the mane six. ABU had Glimmer hurt three random bystanders, who attacked Trixie. Royal Problem arguably effected Glimmer, but ultimately Celestia solved her nightmare immediately. And in To Change A Changeling, her actions hurt Phyranx and Thorax. Though admittedly, people did shout at her and hurt her feelings.

But why am I even replying to this seriously? You just want some simple (you)'s from people like me, not an actual discussion.
>>
>>30884088
In All Bottled Up, there was an opportunity for Spike to tell her that its not a good idea to bottle up your feelings. Trixie also had the opportunity to save Starlight by figuring out what was going on herself and be a hero for a change. But no. Glimmer had to be the one to solve her own problem. This is what Mary Sues do. Its not that they're supposed to look better than everyone. Its that they block everyone else from taking the spotlight for a change.
>>
>>30884096
>So in what glimcentric episodes does she do the correct thing in?
Its not about doing the correct thing. Mary Sues do wrong things all the time BUT when they do something wrong, the universe adjusts itself so that it still ends up right by the end of the story.

No one has ever said "Starlight, stop. You're making things worse" or "Starlight, I think this is a bad idea" and it actually ends up being a bad idea. It doesn't matter what she does, plot armor protects a Mary Sue. Their flaws and mistakes are inconsequential to the plot.
>>
>>30884376
Yup. She was a Mary Sue. But in a way, rightfully so. She was the main protagonist. And she always had Spike to prove her wrong.

Starlight is different. She's not the main protagonist. She showed up 5 seasons later. She has no support character because Sunburst is a boy pony.

Remember in No Second Prances where Twi said its a bad idea for Starlight to be friends with Trixie? Guess what? It turned out fine. The only pony that could have proven Starlight was in the wrong... was wrong. That's a Mary Sue. They're never wrong because even if they're wrong, they're right.
>>
>>30883354
>Why were people fine with Twilight not facing consequences.

We weren't. Lesson Zero was a trash-tier 'Meghanisms' episode back then that's only got popular because of the sudden tonal shift and nothing else. Ring a bell?

It looks different now because the criticism towards it was massively outdrowned by the endless droning about 'muh not little girls' show'.
>>
>>30884591
I don't think her reformation was bad. At least for kids show standards. It was "okay" BUT her arc should have ended when she reunited with Sunburst. She should've stayed with Sunburst in the Crystal Empire. Now she's over stayed her welcome, stealing other characters roles because the writers aren't really clear on what they want to do with an extra Twilight on the show.
>>
>>30886133
Hm... I wonder if Starlight Glimmer was created as hate fodder. Y'know so that people would divert their hate on her as a Mary Sue instead of the former librarian and is now a princess of royalty because plot says so.
>>
>>30886073
If stress, anxiety and guilt are valid punishments then starlight feels it in excess, they're what push her toward many of her mistakes.
But then she also has people scold her when she does wrong.
>>30886098
That's actually what a character often does when the episode is about them and their lessons.
She is scolded in arp, eltsd and tcac
In the others she is not wrong so much as she has something she must overcome.
A character learning realising what they did wrong without someone else telling them, but by seeing the results of their actions is not mary sue behaviour anyway.
>>30886116
Yes it literally is, a mary sue is a flawless character who is never wrong.
The literal only time we've had a starlight episode where something wrong she did turned out right was a royal problem.
The rest of them are about her being wrong and then by the end of the episode she realises it. Except no second prances where she is not wrong.
>>
>>30886128
Why is it ok for the main character to be a mary sue? The problem with being a mary sue is that it means you are a bland, uninteresting character, if anything the main character being like that makes it worse.
>She has no support character
twilight, spike, trixie.

Why would she be a mary sue anyway? Her episodes aren't written by one person, they aren't edited by one person, she's an emotional mess of a character.
So how is why is she supposedly being written that way?
>>
File: 3.gif (127KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
3.gif
127KB, 200x200px
>>30884488

ZAP
>>
File: doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>30883501
>liking Glimmer
if those shitposters fuck off maybe, but whilst they're still around my hatred for the walking piece of pink shit will never die
>>
File: 43.jpg (90KB, 876x963px) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
90KB, 876x963px
>>30886282

>Disliking a relevant character
>Because people post about it
>>
>>30886511
>one of us goobel gobbel
glam defense force go hawwwrd
>>
File: 9.jpg (143KB, 833x696px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
143KB, 833x696px
>>30886517
>>
>>30883354
remember when twilight was a good character? because I don't.
>>
File: need more be said.png (766KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
need more be said.png
766KB, 680x680px
>>30886282
>basing your judgment of anything off of what others think
why are you so weak minded?
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.