[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when the show made fun of pacifistic safe-space

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

Where were you when the show made fun of pacifistic safe-space hippies and praised traditionalist warriors?
>>
Neither of them were presented as the actual solution. Truth was in the middle.
>>
>>30864035
Did it strike anyone else as weird that this guy didn't have a horn?
>>
>>30864228
That was a guy?
>>
>>30864253
I thought everyone but thorax and pharynx were girls, since they lacked pincer antlers.
>>
>>30864228
>>30864253
>>30864260
Fucking cis scum stop assuming bug genders.
>>
File: season 8 and an eqg series.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
season 8 and an eqg series.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>30864260
I think the changelings are deliberately androgynous so they don't have to make different male or female models, which is why a female voice could come from one skittlebug, but a male voice from her clone. There's only three variations between them at this point, though that seems to be changing in S8
>>
>>30864035
I can't wait for the SJW's to overthink this and we get Derpygate 2 electric boogaloo.
>>
>>30864035
And yet he still needed to transform

Disgusting
>>
>>30864498
He only transformed because he loved his hive (Country)
>>
>>30864306
>you can you one color today and another color tomorrow. Identify with whatever you feel like
I think the SJWs would be ecstatic about this episode.
>>
>>30864050
This, both parties were somewhat wrong. The Hive itself was too pacifistic and weak willed, while Pharynx was too warlike and brutish.
>>
>>30864260
Some are male, some are female. You can tell by their voices.
>>
>>30864035
Well, I don't know what are you talking about, so I'm going to say watching an episode of mlp about how society shouldn't immediately shun away old fashioned people and how these people can still function in an ever changing society for a greater good.
>>
>>30864293
I haven't seen that picture before. What's up with the playset house and the new characters? They can't be that far along with character/setting designs for S8, can they?
>>
>>30866335
The new characters likely arent even finished yet. Ladybug changeling and Yak girl likely just have a basic angle shot done, still need to make things for the eyes, different angles and the like. Reminds me of how Thorax looked kinda stiff when he transformed in S6 finale, with his later appearences having his expressions feel more natural.
>>
>>30864260
They work sort of like pufferfish, where there is one female. Once the female dies, the alpha male becomes the next female. That's why thorax is such a fag.
>>
>>30866261
Actually, I think it would be the opposite. That scene was making fun of safe-spaces.
>>
>>30866724
It is a stereotypical representation of cartoon hippie gatherings, not everything has to be about contemporary social issues and acknowledging something is not the same thing as making fun of it.
>>
>>30867548

Inability to recognize satire is a sign of autism, anon. Have you been tested?
>>
>>30864050
I don't think that the safe space thing was presented as wrong, just...annoying. The only problems presented were the changeling wanting to be a different color, who was told to just change colors throughout the day, the soup, which cooled down while talking, and the upset warrior, who didn't actually try the talking.

Beating on the monster as a group also solved that problem. So both solutions were shown as right, just for different problems.

Actually, the only thing that was constant in both situations was that a group of friends was needed. Because friendship is magic.
>>
>>30864260
>>30864293
I was disappointed when the changelings weren't all female (with maybe a handful of male princes) like all Earth hive bugs.
>>
>>30867819
You were still supposed to think sitting around and talking about feelings like that is weird. Its unnecessary. Friends can talk to other friends about feelings all the time. They don't need this weird little forum.
>>
>>30867829
I assumed that it was for the hive as a whole. A city forum more than a friend circle. They just don't have many problems.
>>
>>30867829
It's better to have one when you need it than to need one and not have it.
>>
>>30864306
That was soccer mums
>>
>>30867548
>acknowledging something is not the same thing as making fun of it
It is when you hate it irrationally and feel like its mere existence is wrong. People who feel like that tend to make "satire" that's hard to tell apart from the real thing because they forgot to include any points they think they're making.
>>
File: ChsoI.jpg (177KB, 1048x787px) Image search: [Google]
ChsoI.jpg
177KB, 1048x787px
>>30867926
There is nothing "irrational" about hating hippies
>>
File: tree hugger close.jpg (30KB, 364x204px) Image search: [Google]
tree hugger close.jpg
30KB, 364x204px
>>30868269
I beg to differ.
>>
>>30864035
I think you are overthinking it. It's just a parody and some fun of how changelings became hippies from fearless warriors. Must you politicize everything?
>>
>>30867829
They're still learning.
>>
>>30870333
>Must you politicize everything?

I thought creating controversy out of nothing was what 4chan is for.
>>
>>30864306
Nah they'll think the show is completely siding with how progressive and good the idea of a safe space is (and honestly I don't know whether the show was making fun of it to begin with, don't really care either) and they'll go on with their day. After all the whole issue was Thorax's brother not accepting the changes and everyone else liked the feelings forum but him.
>>30867898
Also this.
>>
File: 11111.png (356KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
11111.png
356KB, 768x1024px
>>30870300
>not posting the full thing
>>
>>30871057
MOOOO-
oh nevermind, clever censorship
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.