[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"But you don't understand..." >Discord adjusts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 20

File: download (2).jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
9KB, 300x168px
"But you don't understand..."
>Discord adjusts his penis.
>"I think I understand completely. You came here thinking you would be something special or something and you'd find a place to belong without having to work for it like everyone else, but there is nothing remarkable or interesting about you at all. You're just another strange creature here."
"Well fuck you too, Discord."
>"No, really... You were unremarkable on Earth, and you are unremarkable here... Tell me, why should any pony here bat an eye at a walking ape when we have intelligent Minotaurs, talking Dragons, talking Zebras, and talking dogs? Why would anyone care that much about a human? What makes you so special and different?"
Well /mlp/, your response?
>>
>thumbnail
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>30856685
So you say that "mythical" creatures are common? Then using your logic, how common would you say a human is? How many have you ever seen around here?
>>
>>30856685
The fact that I'm the only human? And procreating with another intelligent being in this place is the only possible way for my species to thrive?

The easiest way to piss off Discord is to be logical.
>>
>>30856685
Tell him that he is more unlikeable than anyone on /mlp/
>>
>>30856685
"Hey!"
>The orange pony puts her basket of apples down and looks up at you curiously.
>"Whut?"
>...
>"Well?"
"Uh... I'm not from here."
>...
>"Really."
"Yeah... I'm from another dimension, see, I'm from a planet called Earth!"
>"Uh huh..." She looks off into the distance at something, awkwardly avoiding your gaze.
"Yeah..."
>...
>"Well this has been interestin' and all, but I gotta get these here apples back to my cart. Talk to ya later, Earth."
"But... But..."
>She is already walking away.
"...But I'm a human..."
>>
File: 15095305805027502752057.png (343KB, 555x645px) Image search: [Google]
15095305805027502752057.png
343KB, 555x645px
>>30856685
being in a different reality would allow me to be apathetic towards the living things, so i could screw over the inhabitants with no regret, and when i do, all i would have to do is apologize.
>>
>>30856685
I don't care if I am special or not. I just want to find my place in Equestria and die happily with my pony waifu by my side
>>
>>30856699
>"Oh! The only human! Wow! What an achievement. You are the only specimen of a race of extremely violent and wholly stupid creatures that have almost destroyed themselves countless times throughout their history. And that's not counting the fact that there is literally nothing amazing or interesting about your biology. You look boring, Anon. And you are boring. You wonder why nopony here bats an eye at seeing you walk around here... It's because they don't care. Now, are you going to drop this game and return to where you belong, or are we going to keep at this all day?"
>>
File: pet the apple.jpg (644KB, 2217x2113px) Image search: [Google]
pet the apple.jpg
644KB, 2217x2113px
>>30856685
But I don't want to go to equestria to be dues-ex machichad. I came here for my waifu and only my waifu. And if I can't even do that, then I guess I'll go wander a bit. I'll probably die a horrible death but at least I went out doing it my way.
>>
>>30856722
>Suddenly, a green portal opens behind the two of you, and out steps another anon, portal gun in hand."
>"Sweet, I finally made it! I'm the only human in Equesrtia! Finally, I have found a place where I am something of interest and value! A place where others will find me interesting and cool and unique! Finally!"
>He looks over at the two of you and instantly frowns upon seeing you.
>"Oh for the love of..." He begins, but Discord snaps his fingers and the portal behind him sucks him in and closes.
>...
>"Do I even need to say anything, Anon? What I'm trying to get across here is, you are not special or unique just by waltzing in here. You to make yourself unique. Stop acting like you are owed something. Now, if you want to go back to Earth, I'll gladly throw you back into your miserable hole, or, if you'd like to finally join us, I'll let you remain here. Hurry up though. My shaft is getting watery."
>>
>>30856722
Immersion broken. Only a human would think a human looks boring. Should've went the ugly angle.
>>
He's a bit presumtive isnt he, i'd be happy living as a full hermit in equestria because its fucking Equestria.
Sure making new friends would be nice, but just the fact i'm off this shithole we call earth means i could probably die happy.
>>
>>30856741
Compared to a Minotaur, yes, a human is very boring.
>"Oh hey, he looks like a way less buff Minotaur, only he has the upper torso of an ape and he isn't a fucking retard. Wow that's just great. That sure does stand out here in the world of talking dragons ponies dogs and magical spells and shit. Whoopdie doo."
>>
>>30856741
Pretty sure anything that moves considers other things a novelty and of little importance until it starts threatening then. Or if it's food.
>>
>>30856685
That's fine. I don't want to be here to be a celebrity, I want to be here because it's presumably nicer than earth. If no one really cares what I am it'll be easier to adapt anyway.
>>
>>30856770
>>30856747
This is mostly meant to just jab and make fun at the stupid ass common trope in greentexts that make Anon an instant novelty and celebrity who is placed on a pedestal just for being a human. It's fucking retarded.
>>
>>30856749
But how is that more or less boring than a Minotaur? A bipedal ape vs. a bipedal bull? It's just going to be a freaky biped creature either way. You're only adding value to the bull, because you're used to humans. Both would be on pretty equal footing. Especially if it's not something you see often either way. Most ponies don't even know what a minotaur is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disputing the special angle or whatever. It's just that you really have to see this from the perspective of a creature that is not human, possibly not bipedal, and hasn't seen one before.

"Boring" is just not something that fits through alien eyes.
>>
>>30856783
Well, then if both are on equal footing, since Minotaurs are seen as not very remarkable in Equestria, especially not to "oh hey a minotaur lets stop and fucking give it a free house like in 99% of greens", then my point stands.

And the ponies that haven't seen a minotaur/human before probably would go
>"oh fuck the hell is that weird thing?"
and that'd be it. i mean we saw the minotaur walking around and not getting harassed or screamed at.
>>
>it's an '18yo fedora wearing misanthrope feels like shitposting and telling everyone they're shit and their waifus aren't real but doesn't want his thread to get pruned, so he comes up with an elaborate prompt and then proceeds to tell everyone else they're shit' episode
Thank you for your input, OP
Could you get a tripcode while you're at it?
>>
>>30856801
Well, yeah. Wasn't disputing this part. Just the boring part; It's a very narrow "shaped like itself" thing that only another human would say.

Also thank you for realizing ponies wouldn't be afraid of humans. Iron Will and even Gilda are proof of this. people who use Zecora for proof really misunderstood that episode despite their actual reason to fear her being the episode title and not epic black people parallels. I should do an essay on it at this point.
>>
Humans have no magic. Literally the only being in that dimension that has no magic, even earth ponies have magic. It would be like having some alien not be affected by gravity on earth. Id say defying one of the fundamental laws of a dimension is pretty different, even if I didn't have the bullshit "muh magic resistance" that humans in fanfics have, the fact that my entire being is void of magic is pretty different. Not cool or amazing, but noteworthy at least.
>>
>>30856828
How do you know that humans are the only being in Equestria with magic? How do you know that Minotaurs have magic? How do you know that dragons have magic? How do you know the talking dogs have magic?

Why exactly would him not having magic be a big deal? I mean it's something I guess, but it's not something show stopping or unique to the point of
>oh shit here comes celestia breaking away from her princessing duties to come whisk away anon on an awesome adventure to live for free in her castle and fuck her sister! wow!
level shit.
>>
>>30856777
The trope does make sense, but only to an extent, as a foot in the door principle. I have no idea if that's even a real term, but it's basically about getting your foot in the door; a conversation starter. Not that he's special or owed anything, but that it's a small talking point if you live in a small town full of quadrupeds where you stick out like a sore thumb.

Even moreso if his entrance makes him indisputably extra terrestrial. But only because, hey, it's a fucking alien. And that would apply to any ET showing up here too regardless of them being a piece of shit.

I think it becomes a problem when it stops being a conversation starter and becomes the conversation(s).
>>
>>30856685
same reason as why you're different duh
>>
File: 45675645.jpg (28KB, 600x650px) Image search: [Google]
45675645.jpg
28KB, 600x650px
>>30856783
Do you think of other people's dog constantly even though you don't own a pet? No? How about black people, or what ever flavor of race that is the Native American Indians. Still no? Okay then... Do you sometimes wonder why the mix up at the coffee shop had to happen to you? What about the upcoming threat pushed down in the public's throat presented in a fashion done by national unrest and political world wide instability. More importantly how's it going to affect you? Well my dear retarded friend I have some good news bad news for you! Good news you're "Normal", the bad news you're "Normal"... Just existing doesn't make people like you. You actually have to put effort into getting recognized in any community. Isn't that just the craziest thing? And that's only if the society you are trying to merge into isn't racist in any shape or form, and let me tell you ponies might not sound racist but they don't herd together for nothing. Don't be like poor >>30856828 who spends reading fanfictions all day. Be smart and try to understand that there are more than one point of views depicted outside your own ego/species.
>>
>>30856850
Do you have the powers of a shapeshifting god of chaos?
Didnt think so.
>>
>>30856851
Anon, I wasn't even talking about that. In fact, if you had any kind of reading comprehension you would have stopped after

>Don't get me wrong, I'm not disputing the special angle or whatever.

Instead of giving me that mess. Why are so many people so bad at recognizing when another wants to dispute one small piece and only that piece?
>>
File: 1503659082181s.jpg (7KB, 232x250px) Image search: [Google]
1503659082181s.jpg
7KB, 232x250px
>>30856837
First about magic, if it was to exist in a realistic setting then it would be a force or rule of that dimension or at least comparable to gravity to the planet it resides on, if not then its something in the dna of certain creatures and if that is the case it would lead alot of questions on how the species on the world evolved. Unless its so complicated to the point where everyone just says 'fuck it lets call it magic' in that case I got nothing
As for not having magic be a big deal, he would draw a few curious eyes from scientists or similar people who would want to study it, im not saying shit like being forced strapped down to a table but maybe getting an article or at most a book written about it, nothing to special. Honestly the only way the no magic thing would get major princess attention would be if its something like the lack of magic or the magic around anon is harmful to him or others.

>>30856851
>Don't be like poor >>30856828 who spends reading fanfictions all day.
Where did you get that idea from. Shit im just here cause the subject of the OP interests me calm down.

Also are we all gonna ignore all the monkey with knowledge of another world? I mean I would be interested in a hairless ape from the fucking 5th dimension.
>>
File: 56561561.png (1MB, 1702x956px) Image search: [Google]
56561561.png
1MB, 1702x956px
>>30856875
Still trying to validate that snowflake status I see. Well anon my not so smart friend l as your 'not really smart but definitely smarter than you' compadre will simplify it for you. In a society of sapient species we're not special. Adaptable sure, but not special. In a world of magic, and creatures as tall as houses we aren't special. At most we'll get a second glance and not out of admiration or love but out of a feign novelty that loses it's interest after the first time you see it. What makes us special is what we can do without being special. That doesn't mean you automatically become THAT guy, we have to strive to be that guy. We aren't zoo animals anon stop acting like you're entitled to be one.
>>
>>30856913
Are you just shitposting now? What makes you think I was talking about that?

>>30856815

Here's what I was talking about, and it's ONLY thing I was talking about. We pretty much even agreed, so you're barking up the wrong tree. Go ramble at someone else.
>>
File: 1504208803161.gif (2MB, 764x526px) Image search: [Google]
1504208803161.gif
2MB, 764x526px
>>30856801
>free house

This is less to do with being human and more like Anon just got whisked away from his home, family, job, money, and worldly possessions and is now in a completely different world/culture with no way back. As you can imagine, this is a huge disadvantage even if the very first thing you do is look for work. Even the most self sufficient people have had, and still get, a lot direct and indirect help from family, whether that be possessions, lodging, contacts, hand me downs, and so on.

This particular trope assumes ponies are good willed enough to help someone who just had their life completely collapse and then got thrown at them in the span of a day. You know, an objectively terrible and tragic thing? Not too unreasonable that you'd expect someone to help, even just a little.

But this does have me curious. If they wouldn't do that, what would they do? And I mean for real too, not something intentionally edgy and subversive because we hate smut one shots that are under 10k words anyway.
>>
>>30856928
Humans don't exist in equestria. They know zebras exist and they know gryphons exist. You will be a novelty. What part of that says that you will be integrated into their society. That's like saying you were welcomed with open arms and then just came back to complain about being right.
>>
>>30856685
Same reason you are special.
I'm the only one.
>>
>>30856685
There's nothing unique about me. I don't have any special talent like all the ponies. I can't change space-time like you. I can't craft potions like Zecora. I can't breath fire or intimidate others like dragons. I can't fight like a griffon. I don't have the strength of a minotaur. I'm not as persistent as a Diamond Dog.

But I know one thing. At least I'm not a fucking donkey.
>>
>>30856949
But here's the fun part, I wasn't even talking about integration into society. Funny that. What he and I were saying was completely out of that specific context and whether that be good or bad for a hypothetical human in Equestria didn't matter. Why are you so fixated on that?

What part of "I *only* cared about the 'boring' thing" did you not understand?

Here I'll post it a few more times

"I *only* cared about the 'boring' thing"

Seriously, we seem to be on completely different pages.

Also small town ponies don't know what zebras are. Only Twilight knew she wasn't a pone. But aside from that, if you want to make a point about integration or snowflakes or something you can just post that standalone without making someone into your strawman and quoting them while ignoring their actual posts.
>>
>>30856739
Then I shall embrace my race and ancestors ways kill and destroy if that's all I'm good for, then why not embrace it I might be proving you right about my race and about myself, but in the end of everything I'll do what you expected me to do, and maybe I'll finally be happy here maybe that's the piece of me that I'm missing no love nor kindness just senseless killing and destroying.
>>
>>30856837
>oh shit here comes celestia breaking away from her princessing duties to come whisk away anon on an awesome adventure to live for free in her castle and fuck her sister! wow!

God I hate that one. I rember that Gleaming Shield milking clop where Anon is, A) living in the castle and being fed for free, B)has an allowance of bits given to him despite free room and board, and C) is fucking Gleaming Shield as well as being lusted after by all the female guards for no reason.
So. Stupid.
>>
>>30856972
Right and pretending to be retarded is also a valid excuse apparently.
>>
>>30856977
Well, becoming Equestria's probably first serial killer would definitely make you unique, that's for sure, if standing out is your goal.
You'd be remembered for decades.
>>
>>30856995
I don't know what I would do if I was put in this position returning home doesn't sound fun probably end up killing myself to be honest, but if no one likes me cause they know about my race and expect me to just kill for some sick pleasure then why not embrace it.
In the end you'll have something to cling on to, no one loves you and no one wants to be near you then why keep going the same way, experience what they expect from you.
>>
>>30856986
>Lurk thread.
>Point out a mistake one can make when writing a fantasy creature's thought process or viewpoint.
>Someone starts jumping down my throat about how I'm trying to validate my snowflake status.
>Tell them they're yapping away at things I wasn't even talking about.
>They call me the troll.

K.
>>
File: 1500456780210.png (2MB, 983x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1500456780210.png
2MB, 983x1073px
>>30856685
>"Tell me, why should any pony here bat an eye at a walking ape when we have intelligent Minotaurs, talking Dragons, talking Zebras, and talking dogs? Why would anyone care that much about a human? What makes you so special and different?"

>Well /mlp/, your response?

*Unsheathes Zweihander*

I WILL KILL THEM ALL
>>
>>30856749
the inhabitants of Equestria finding Anon boring would be like humans not giving a shit if an alien arrived on earth
>>
File: angry jew.jpg (30KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
angry jew.jpg
30KB, 202x249px
>>30856685
”we ll see how you all laugh when i dethrone your princesses and turn your country in USSR v2.0„
>>
File: mysterious pepe.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
mysterious pepe.png
260KB, 563x542px
>>30856685
>implying i m not magic immune
>implying i cant drain the magic out of you only by touch
>implying i m not an alien
>implying that i m worse than you
>implying that i couldnt enslave everyone like sombrero if i so desired
>implying you could do jack shit to stop me
>>
>>30856685
"I can suck a mean dick though"
>>
"I have hands with fingers that don't end in claws, and I know what a g-spot is. I think I'm golden."
>>
File: cheeki breeki.png (232KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
cheeki breeki.png
232KB, 420x420px
>>30856685
”oh yeah?well fuck you,i ll just go in the woods and become a new urban legend”
>>
>>30856685
"Before coming here I spent my whole life learning about things, both practical and philosophical. I may not be special, but here the knowledge I've accumulated is invaluable because much of it is unique to a world that no one here will ever have the pleasure of visiting."

"I may not have might or magic, but the things in my mind could change the world, someday, maybe. That's good enough for me."
>>
>>30857857
>inb4 anon becomes the next aristotel or plato but for ponies
>>
>>30857857
>>30857984
>inb4 anon actually becomes diogenes instead
>>
>>30857857
>but here the knowledge I've accumulated is invaluable because much of it is unique to a world that no one here will ever have the pleasure of visiting
"And thus useless to the world I'm currently in!"
>>
>>30856939
>If they wouldn't do that, what would they do?
Either shun him completely like zecora or point him at Equestria's welfare and employment office, at which point it'd depend on anon's individual skill set.
He might get a bit of spending money from curious biologists asking to study him / his physiology.
Worst comes to worst you could probably get a room in Twilight's castle in exchange for cleaning the place while you get your life sorted, spike would probably appreciate the help if nothing else.
>>
>>30858004
>implying diogenes wasn't important in influential
>>
>>30858557
>implying i ever implying that
>implying that i was not implying that anon would be a homeless pice of shit that no one likes but that everyone knows is right
>>
>>30858760
Honestly, I would be 100% ok with that happening.

Also, you have to keep in mind that the dude was fucking loved by a lot of people especially at the end of his life. Even though he was a fucking faggot people appreciated his insights and candor.
>>
>>30858878
>one day prince shining armor decides to visit this annonymous of earth
>he looks for and finds him in a barrel at the edge of the market
>when the prince finds him,he asks anon if he would want anything,he would just have to say it and it would be his
>”yeah,get out of my way,you re blocking the sun faggot”
>>
File: 1465758285642.gif (75KB, 397x345px) Image search: [Google]
1465758285642.gif
75KB, 397x345px
>>30856685
>”at least i can last longer than any of you equines”
>>
>>30856699
No, the easiest way to piss Discord off is to ignore him
>>
File: 1403666644542.gif (950KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1403666644542.gif
950KB, 400x225px
>>30856685
"Nothing makes me special, you flying amalgamation."
>Discord looks unimpressed, but still shows a small smirk
>"This should be good."
"Let me tell you exactly why you don't understand a god damn thing."
>you pull out a small bag of bits
"See this shit? This is my 'paycheck' for this week."
>"Yes, and?"
"I got a job. I earned something for myself. At this point, I could care the fuck less about being special. Hell, back on earth, I really was special. All I did was sit at a computer, do dumb shit I was never proud of, not have enough money to get anything done for myself, and live off my god damn mother."
>"Oh, poor you. Living the life of luxury is so sad. Let me play you the world's smallest violin."
>You resist the urge to slap the spider he has in his beard that is currently playing a tiny violin
>Instead, you simply turn away
>"Hey, you can't ignore me!"
"I can ignore your shit taste in music because that shit doesn't matter."
>You take a good look at the scenery around you
"I was always so scared of what I knew about the world. Every god damn thing filled me with so much anxiety, I would shut down at the thought of it all. Yet... this town."
>"Yes yes, you thought they'd be mesmerized by your presence and-"
"-They just treated me like anything else; an adult who should be able to get something done. I didn't know what to expect, so I had no fears of what to expect. Some pony offered me a job, I took it, and now I have back pains every god damn day, but you know what? I get to earn my living instead of wasting away in front of a computer. This new place, this fresh start, gave me the chance I needed to get off my ass and make something for myself, and there's nothing you can say to dissuade me from my thoughts."
>"Actually, there is."
"Heh, and what might that be?"
>"You're still not gonna be able to fuck your waifu."
>You punch discord in the face
>He teleported you back to earth
>>
>>30856685
I fuck his asshole until I cum inside.
>>
>>30859475
No no, you let him cum inside you
>>
>>30859895
We are the music makers. And we are the dreamers of the dreams. I cum inside him.
>>
>>30856699
>>
File: 1469219566475.jpg (36KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1469219566475.jpg
36KB, 500x371px
>>30856685
>"So, one question..."
>"Are you some kind of cosmic joke whose sole existence is to make others be grateful that they're not you?"
>"Or was your mother part of a huge inter-species gang-bang?"
>>
>>30856801
>>30856939
>>30858078

In all seriousness, would giving him a house be that big of a deal by old timey standards?

I'd like a history buff to give me an in-depth answer. It's just wood and thatch, isn't it?

This also doesn't guarantee a bathroom or kitchen even if those and certain modern utilities exist in Equestria. Fluttershy's cottage doesn't have a kitchen, at least not in the first few seasons. Plus, it doesn't have to be in the nice part of town. And even with all of this, he still might have to pay a mortgage.

So why do some people find this objectionable again?

I don't get why detractors are so fixated on it. Most of these AiE stories take place in an indeterminate amount of time, so you could just fill in a blank that doesn't annoy you.

Yes, you can say this is an inherent failing in most greentext's bare bones storytelling, but no, there is no wrong way to do fiction. I don't read them much these days, but back when I went through a million HiE on fimfic that was five chapters of running from a manticore and getting settled in only to end once the writer lost steam, it was very refreshing to have HiE that cut to the fucking chase. Not every story has to be Joyce, least of all short stories.
>>
>Implying I care that I'm not special
>Implying I wouldn't want to live in this world because it has literal, actual magic
>Implying I wouldn't want to live in this world because it is a completely unexplored world filled with places, cultures, and more than has never been known by any human before.
>>
"Listen dude, I'm sorry Fluttershy doesn't want anything to do with you anymore, that's not my problem, that's yours, you fucked up and she came to me to seek comfort, and in the end, she chose me, it's not up to you or me to chose for her, now fuck off because I call the cops,"
>>
>>30861584
I mean, we do have a board for these questions...

>>>/his/

Just don't mention miniature horses.
>>
>>30856828
>"muh magic resistance"
>bullshit

Why is this bullshit though? The line of thinking is: you have absolutely no magic, not even the vague ambient magic that is said to exist in living things, so why should magic be able to do anything to you?

It's not the only conclusion you can come to, but it is a valid one depending on how you spin it. It's not even like it's a good thing in a world that runs on magic.

>Want to visit Cloudsdale--can't.
>Get injured or sick, but certain treatments are subpar or difficult because they use a bit, maybe a lot, of magic.
>Possibly fuck up passive enchantments for everyone else just by passing by or touching objects.
>Have to throw or toss objects before you can pass it to a unicorn

Outside of a few niche scenarios in certain genres of stories, it's a hindrance and weakness for actually living your everyday life.

I get that it's overused as a power fantasy at times, but this doesn't mean the idea itself is bad.
>>
>>30863144
Don't get me wrong it can be portrayed in a cool way like you listed, but the situation at its bare bones is this
>Human enters alien world filled with a substance or force present basically everywhere
>literally nothing happens to the person no matter what they do or how many times the person comes in contact with it, as if the thing in question doesn't even exist to him
This just seems unlikely in a realistic setting.
>>
>>30856801
Or they'd treat you like Zecora, since you're an unknown.
>>
haha jokes on you discord i memorized how to make gunpowder from scratch
>>
>>30863579
Nope. Probably not. Gonna post my mini analysis on this.

>Bridle Gossip

>*Gossip*

>Right in the fucking name.

>tfw fan writers and even some posters here still use it to justify over the top xenophobia in ponies to this very day.

Look, there's no denying race and culture is part of the in the message of the episode. But if you look at the facts, however, you’ll see it's the smaller component here.

Why did they fear her?

Because she was seen as a witch. The song is “Evil Enchantress” not “Evil Zebra”.

Why did this happen?

Because rumors of who she was and what she was like spun out of control. She wasn't present to confirm or deny them either.

How did this happen?

Because she lived in the Everfree; and why is that a big deal?

>“'cause everypony who's ever come in has never come out!” - Dash on the Everfree less than 10 episodes ago

Yeah, that. What would you think of someone who called that place home instead of your town? How could they survive? Do you see where that train of thought leads?

>“But Anon,” you say. “They clearly react to her looking different!”

They do, but only after building a bad image of her, and even then it's not quite how many fans remember it.

>Twilight Sparkle: She's a zebra.
>Everyone but Twilight: A what!?
>Twilight Sparkle: A zebra, and her stripes aren't a fashion choice Rarity, they're what she was born with.
>Rarity: [faints]
>Applejack: Born where? I've never seen a pony like that in these parts, 'cept... her!
>Twilight Sparkle: Well, she's probably not from here, and she's not a pony. My books say that zebras come from a faraway land. But I've never seen her in Ponyville. Where does she live?
>Applejack: That's just it, she lives in... the Everfree Forest!

They didn’t even know she wasn’t a pony like them; she was just a weird pony in their eyes. Rarity was basically nitpicking at this point after coming to believe everything else about her for some time now.
>>
>>30864015
So, it’s almost like her gaining a reputation as a strange “pony” who had possibly nefarious reasons to live in the god damn Everfree of all places was the big deal here, and not epic black people parallels. In fact, if she had lived in Ponyville then it would've been a lot easier to dispel those rumors, if they ever came about at all.

How do I know this? Because Gilda already made some of the flawed fanon that came out of Bridle Gossip wrong. Even Iron Will debunks it. They didn't build a bunch of weird tall tales around them, and so no one felt the need to hide and run. Pinkie eventually threw the former a party and the latter she just kind of saw as a generic monster, only Shy knew what a mino was, that she fearlessly yelled at.
>>
>>30856685
"I just want a fucking quiet life, is that so much to ask for? Shit, I could care less about being Celebrity #354, it's that whenever the six magic horses fuck around because of friendship problems they ALWAYS fuck up the town, and here I am, trying to fucking sell fruit for a living. The only thing that makes me special is my 10/10 dick."
>>
>>30856685
I'm from another planet, they are not.
>>
>>30863144
>The line of thinking is: you have absolutely no magic, not even the vague ambient magic that is said to exist in living things, so why should magic be able to do anything to you?
You are not radioactive, so why should radiation do anything to you?
>>
>>30864378
Everything emits radiation Anon. Even you.
>>
>>30864386
I mean the dangerous kind of radiation.
>>
>>30864401
Every kind of radiation is dangerous anon, what matters is the amount.
>>
>>30864408
Bullshit, Radiation is magical and gives you super powers and makes you big and strong!
>>
>>30864408
Well, you understand my point, right? Magic is energy, so there is absolutely no reason why a human would be immune to it, if anything it should have a greater effect on humans because of a total lack of resistance.
>>
>>30864424
>Magic is energy

Well, no, who says it is? It's magic. Don't get me wrong, I've said here
>>30863144
that there's no one conclusion and you can spin it however you want (because magic is ultimately vaguely defined bullshit that is never fully explained) to serve your purposes.

For instance, even if it *were* energy it doesn't mean it has to act like the energy we know. It also may not fall under the same classifications. The idea behind being magic resistant is that this "context" this "sixth sense" or extra "Equestrian law of physics" does not apply to you. It doesn't exist in your universe; and you, as a product of that universe, have no way to interact with it and vice versa. Try seeing in 4 dimensions, and I mean for real—Can't do it. You are a 3D being, same principle. You are a product of your dimensions and keep those limitations no matter where you go.

Of course, if you really want to play with this, a lot more problems could crop up, but I digress.

So, as long as you can sufficiently explain your reasoning, and keep it consistent within your story, it's valid. But your version is also equally valid depending on how you view magic.
>>
>>30856722
>And that's not counting the fact that there is literally nothing amazing or interesting about your biology.

Hold on, I have a video for that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg_nJwGXAk0
>>
Invent simple shit they don't have and get rich.
Invent the gun and hire mercs.
Kill bughorse and take her anti magic throne.
Rule the world
>>
>>30864960
>Where would you get funds for your research?
>Implying you would know enough in applied chemistry and gunsmithing to create a gun
>Implying that the broken throne still works
>Why not ask gay bug fugs about it or Maud?
>Power of Gun < Teleportation magic into space
>>
>>30864960
>invent the gun
They have guns and cannons already, not to mention electricity in basically every home. Contrary to popular belief, Equestria is not medieval.
>>
>>30865265
I'd say they are technologically inbetween 1840 - 1900 a.d. by western standards
>>
>>30865277
They seem to jump around even outside those bounds to late 20th century and as far back as the dark ages.
>>
>>30865265
Plus, this brings up the point of, even if they were medieval, can you actually invent a lot of the stuff you say you would? I've seen people say they'd make the telephone, and it's like, right now, this instant, do you know how too?
Maybe if I'm given a month of preparation I can start cramming technological info into my head, but right now, I don't know shit that could make me rich in Equestria.
Best I could do is, if Daring Do is what passes as good literature, write stories that could garner a cult following.
>>
>>30865265
>Pone gun tech is basically ball and wadding musket tier
>Introduce concept of rifling
>Then bullet cartridges
>Then once they've just about finished blowing their was over the improved accuracy and vastly improved reloading time, introduce revolvers
>Pone mind status: you are Anon, God of Shooty
>>
>>30865286
You can make a basic motor/generator pretty easily with some magnets and conductive wire and from there you've got quite a few applications that would make you rich enough to live the rest of your life comfortably.

Medicinal knowledge too, if they were medieval you can tell them where and how to get penicillin, which most people know you can get from mold.

Pointing out the value of oil refinery, even if you don't specifically know the entire process would be invaluable as with oil comes plastics and fuels.

On the higher end of things, assuming you can identify aluminium and bauxite, you can create an abundance of aluminium through electrolysis whose greatest use is in aerospace.

Combine motors, with internal combustion utilising refined oil as fuel with Aluminium and a bit of aeronautical know-how and you've suddenly built a functional aircraft.

>>30865307
>Rifling
This, too. Apart from its use as a weapon to wage war with, it'd greatly improve a civilian pony's ability to defend themselves from wild beasties that want to eat them, which would lead to a much faster colonial movement than using single shot. Hell, most of us here are familiar with how magazines and bolt actions function. You don't need to know a hell of a lot, just enough to give to someone clever who can fill in the blanks and share the resulting profit with you because sharing is caring.
>>
>>30865284
maybe it depends hwo we look at it
most of their villiges and their society is in middle ages.
The mayority of the country seems in the very beginning of industrialisation, since what has been shown so far their agriculture is not industrialised.
Then there are their mayor cities and the capital. Intrestingly there the technological standards are higher, but overall do not exseed 1900 a.d. tech.
What tech of the 20th century have you spotted there?
>>
>>30865354
Voice synthesizers from when Coloratura was being a pop idol, those weren't invented until the 1970s. That's if we say they weren't using magic and if we ignore Discord spawning in smartphones, which we will because Discord.
>>
>>30865387
Maybe Discord is the reason for the incoherent advancements in pony tech, being interdimensional and giving 0 fucks he probably braught in varoius times and have just forgotten them.

Who knows what he has braught from the Star Trek Universe being Q.
>>
>>30865286

Most of people ave some hobbies/interests and they have above averge interest in those fields. Of course quite a lot of those interests can't be translated into inventions and advancement of technology, but on the other hand quite a lot of those can be.
Earlier mentioned guns, average person couldn't really invent gun for ponies, or upgrade them assuming that ponies already have guns. But a lot of people have some interest in firearms and they could change pony world quite a lot.

Also when we look at a lot of pony tech it really isn't build in the most efficent way. They can do it because thanks to magic they can not use most efficent way and have good outcome.
But look at their airships. Their design is far from efficient, but if you could combine human design with pony magic you would get construction that surpases both, pony and human airships. There is a lot of possibilities to became someone in pony land with knowledge of even average human, and if have some more specialistic education you could really change their world. You just need to want to do it, not just work on AJ's farm and call it a day.
>>
>>30865113
>Teleportation magic into space
>You mean Celestia using the elements that one time?

> I'm a certified gun nut and I know the mixture for gun powder. Wouldn't be too hard
>Would be before it was destroyed preferably

Also by simple shit I mean like pens and electric motors
>>
>>30865436
> I'm a certified gun nut and I know the mixture for gun powder. Wouldn't be too hard
Just knowing the recipe for black powder is not enough. You'd need to get the ingredients in high enough quality. Who knows if the ponies refine sulfur, potassium nitrate and cole pulver. If not, you'd need to identify and purify natural sources. That is difficult.
Then you'd need to find the right granulation and mixture proportions or figure out how to do so. Besides, doesn't Trixie and Pinkie use already fire works on basis of plack powder?

Also the difficulty lies within creating the gunbarrel and fireing mechanism. You'd need to be a metalurgist to even figure out a suitable alloy composition to create durable enough steel. Not speaking of maufacturing problems and mechanics you'd have to develop.

>Also by simple shit I mean like pens and electric motors
>simple
I'd say pens and paperclips and such devices are manufacurable.
But electric motors?
Where would you get magnets from?
Where would you get isolators?
How would you propulse the motor or store electricity? It's not like you have an engine or batteries.
>>
>>30865307
>Pone mind status: you are Anon, God of Shooty
>"I am god of shooty! HAHAHA"
>Young adult (psychology)
Have you ever cringed so hard it feels like it knocked the air out of you? like, you feel it heavy in your chest?
>>
>>30865491

You don't need to produce modern assault gun from scraps.
Very beginning would be hardest, first invention, first money but after that it would get easier.

If they don't have firearms at all, even simple handcanon would be revolution, and considering that they probably have developed metalurgy beyond XIV century standard you can probably construct arquebus from the start.

If they already have some firearms you also don't need to invent something that would completely revolutionise their military. More advanced trigger mechanism, concept of cartridges etc. Even concept of iron sights would be revolutionary if their firearmsaren't that advanced.
Even small invention would be probably enough to get you enough money and recognision to make improving it easier.

If you manage to get patronage of some ruler/ enough money to start your own business it gets a lot easier. You don't need to prepare your gun powder yourself, you can hire some ponies that you just give guidelines, tell them what you remember about indgredients and have them to develop better receptures.
You don't need to construct guns youself, just create concept, make some drawings and have others to complete design.

Still, begining is hardest, but if you manage to go beynd it it gets easier and easier.
>>
>>30865598
Do not forget viet cong soldier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0TsVMqsI-o
>>
>>30865598
Dear god, I just imagined what I I'd be capable of doing without references from the internet or books. Pretty much nothing, even though I am at the end of my master studies of molecular life science.

If I am so useless right now, what if I'd suddenly be traped in magical pony land!?
>>
>>30856910
>Also are we all gonna ignore all the monkey with knowledge of another world?
Yes, maybe even kill him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpJTz3P-LLQ
>>
>>30856685
*unzips dick*
There's one thing...
>>
>>30865949
You know, now that I think of this, Discord is the only creature theoretically capable of cock voring you
>>
>>30865664
Remember, though, they're basically 100 years behind us.
>>
If there's anything a non-conformist hates more than a conformist, it's a non-conformist who refuses to conform to the prevailing standards of non-conformity.
>>
>"Acting like you're the main of all this."
>>
>>30856685
>Well /mlp/, your response?
>"So, are you Angel Bunny's bitch, too?"
>>
>>30865994
>>30865664
>>30865598
They're not backwards or 'behind' us, ponies and humans just have asynchronous technology.
"Necessity is the mother of invention"

Think of the wheel, that was invented because an object that rolls is easier to move than an object that's flat.
This leads to carts, which leads to moving more resources which leads to a whole bunch of other things.
Ponies likely invented the same thing for the same reasons.

Now think about a gun, for what possible reason would they have to invent a portable cannon when spears, bows and magic all fufill the purpose of "Ranged weapon.", often times far more effectively than a gun would.
In a combat situation, early versions of guns were only useful because of the sheer amount of them that could be produced, the minimum training required in comparison to other weapons and the fact that around that time large battles tended to consist of two groups running at each other which made a firing line an effective strategy.
In equestria, where you have races that can fly shortly after birth and can literally bring down lightning, along with races that can conjure magical shields in front of the ground forces. early guns are pretty useless and most modern guns require infrastructure that simply doesnt exist.

To make a long story short, they likely have everything they need to produce a lot of our own technology, they just never felt the need nor produced the precursor tech's that would lead them the same conclusions.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-09-04-01h47m55s730.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-09-04-01h47m55s730.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>>30866631
>for what possible reason would they have to invent a portable cannon
Say you're a lone Earth Pony, no magic, no flying and this little shit decides it wants to eat you. Would you use a bow that requires a great amount of training and practice to master or a firearm that you can simply point and pull the trigger? You could say they have greater reason than we do to produce them.
>>
File: Barry+johnson_adc358_5316469.png (390KB, 1432x2522px) Image search: [Google]
Barry+johnson_adc358_5316469.png
390KB, 1432x2522px
unsurprisingly, /tg/ already covered a scenario like this.
>>
>>30866739
I said early guns for a reason, sure a modern gun would be fantastic against a manticore, but they wouldnt go straight to that, and it would also be cumbersome for a lone earth pony to wield even with hoof-magic that lets them grab things.
Nor would they willingly go into a manticore's territory on their own unless they simply didnt know it was there.
As ponies, they are also probably -faster- than a manticore, and certainly more agile given it's twice if not three times their size, so running away is probably a legitimate option if they didnt want to try fighting it off with their bare hooves or placating / distracting it with any of their supplies.
>>
>>30866833
Strange magical beasts invade populated areas all the time though, like the bugbear in Ponyville or the Mole Wurf at the hive ruins, I think it was called. They tend to be pretty tough too, so anything with enough velocity to penetrate thick hide would be pursued pretty advently. Obviously we haven't seen firearms, but we have seen gunpowder and cannon technology, even Rainbow referenced bullets and tanks. We haven't seen anything resembling the infrastructure to make them either, so who knows.

The idea of saying they're 100 years behind us is just for rough comparison more than anything else, as where they're at jumps around wildly from episode to episode.
>>
>>30865592

>It's not your fault, honestly.
>You tried to get them to call you "God of Ballistics"
>But the vast majority had trouble pronouncing it
>So they started calling you "God of Shooty-Bang-Bang" instead
>Eventually it got truncated to "God of Shooty"
>Pones aren't that smart.
>>
>>30866631
>when spears, bows and magic all fufill the purpose of "Ranged weapon."
>sheer amount of them that could be produced, the minimum training required in comparison to other weapons

And why it isn't important when we speak about Equestria?
We never saw them using bows or crossbows. And considering their body shape first option isn't really workable for big part of their populace.
We don't really know how well you can train average unicorn in combat magic.
And considering their body shape and level of military teechnology (Royal Guards only, we really don't have that many examples of it) it looks like they would fight using phalanx or something similar.
Guns would turn them into minced meat.

And if we consider that
>ponies aren't only sentient race they have also minotaurs/zebras that would probably benfit even more from guns
>you don't need to arm whole army, you can just produce guns for civil market

You have a lot of option how to introduce guns into their world.

And we need to remember that with magic and their level of metalurgy, chemistry and other gun related technolgies you can just jump over many early stage of development straight into more modern constructions. And if you know what you are doing you can improve those constructions quite fast if you have acces to enough resources and money.
You can probably reach something similar to XIX century firearms in quite fast time. (Again assuming that you have needed knowledge.)
>>
>>30856685

>You clench your fists as your mind races for a response that will destroy a god's feelings
>Suddenly something dawns on you and your anger disappears like a passing cloud
"You know what? You're right. I'm not gonna get something for nothing and that's good. One of the reasons home is such a shithole that I wanted out is because my country has been invaded by foreign shitheads who demand free stuff just because they exist and moved in illegally, otherwise they throw tantrums. That pisses me off. I refuse to be like those subhuman fucks. Thank god this place isn't as cucked."
>You walk away
>"Where are you going?"
"To Twilight's. I'm going to consult her on my employment options and get a job. But hey, thanks for the real talk. You're a friend, Discord."
>"F-friend?"
>>
File: 12563-657134958.png (207KB, 511x380px) Image search: [Google]
12563-657134958.png
207KB, 511x380px
>>30856722

>literally nothing amazing or interesting about your biology

Oh yeah, motherfucker? Check this, I'm an omnivore. Herbivores eat plants, carnivores eat meat. I can survive where either wouldn't because I can eat both, including the carnivores. I can even eat ponies. My ancestors here gatherers AND hunters. And not just any kind of hunters. They were endurance hunters. What does that mean? It means they used to pursue prey until it dropped dead from exhaustion. And if it stopped to rest or sleep at night, they'd kill it themselves. They didn't even have to get hurt. But if they did? They'd heal. Unlike other animals I can treat my own wounds so as to not die from bleeding or infection. Also I can survive a broken bone. If, for example, a quadraped such as a horse breaks a leg then it's as good as dead. It won't be able to search for food, mate or escape predators. Hell, sometimes it won't even be able to stand. Boom, off to the glue factory.
I broke my foot a few years ago and I not only can walk, but I regularly run with it like it never broke in the first place!
And you know what else I can do with my feet and hands? Climb up trees. Ponies fall prey to timberwolves and other predators, but not me. I can just climb on a tree and wait for them to go away. Thing is I don't have to. You know why? Because I can construct and use tools and weapons with my hands. Sticks and stones are everywhere and I can make spears, knives, and hammers quick and easy. That's right, I can weaponize my surroundings. Sticks and stones WILL break your bones and then I'll eat you. Given some preparation I can make traps or more complex and effective killing machines.
You say we've almost destroyed ourselves throughout our history. Good. We're so fucking dangerous that none of the strong beasts God put on the earth to keep us company can be a threat to us. We kill them for food and sport to the point that various animals are on the threshold of extinction.

HUMANITY FUCK YEAH!
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.