[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Showstoppers such a trash episode? Why did the writers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: 52134321412341.png (81KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
52134321412341.png
81KB, 250x141px
Why was Showstoppers such a trash episode? Why did the writers think it would be a good idea to "reveal" what they thought the CMCs cutie marks would be? Why did the writers think it was a good idea to make the entire episode up until the song filler? Why were the CMC written so poorly in season 1?
>>
All the show was poorly written in S1, the redeeming quality was cute pone.
>>
>>30849049
The CMC were especially bad though. They are the only characters who I can think of who were genuinely unlikable throughout season 1 and it seems like the writers even realized this after improving the CMC in later seasons.
>>
File: 1502566010933.png (9KB, 872x503px) Image search: [Google]
1502566010933.png
9KB, 872x503px
>>30849020
>poorly written
are you a newfag?
oh boy... just wait until you get to the later seasons before you start spouting those words.
>>
>>30849020
Early Series Syndrome, OP. The writers and company were just starting to get the hang of the characters and unfortunately the CMC took them the longer to get right.
>>
File: again.png (6KB, 596x427px) Image search: [Google]
again.png
6KB, 596x427px
>>30849064
>>
File: 15030478902331314.png (11KB, 872x503px) Image search: [Google]
15030478902331314.png
11KB, 872x503px
>>30849064
Are faustdrones really going to argue that the CMC were written better in the faust era seasons? Because they weren't.
>>
>>30849082
This makes sense. If only if they could get Spike right next.
>>
File: cmc ass tattoos.png (554KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cmc ass tattoos.png
554KB, 1280x720px
>>30849020

>what they thought the CMCs cutie marks would be

look closer, the CMC have multipurpose marks
>>
>>30849126
I bet you watched the later seasons first and came back for the first episodes.
>>
>>30849020
Season 1 and 2 aren't canon
>>
File: 1361901659325.jpg (34KB, 569x576px) Image search: [Google]
1361901659325.jpg
34KB, 569x576px
>>30850077
>Scootaloo's cutie mark is Rainbow Dash's lightning bolt imposed over a pegasus wing
>For a pony that's crippled
>>
>>30849020
Whats bad about Showstoppers other than CMC being oblivious? It shows them getting their club house, Scootaloo scooting and singing Sweetie Belle. And the performance is great.

And complaining how CMC is oblivious is autistic.
>>
>>30849020
it waz about cute pone
u don't like cute pone?
vat is wrong with u
>>
>>30849020
This wasn't the only episode their talents were hinted and hyped, Showstoppers was good, it built up their characters. They clearly dropped the ball hard in S5 with their shitty cutie marks, threw everything they built and never looked back. I bet you like Glimmer too, faggot
>>
>>30850146
That is one of the problems, the other being how little happens in the episode and its made worse by the fact that the other CMC could tell what their friends talents were. So much of it is filler that is irrelevant to the plot and its not even interesting filler.

>>30850974
Can't think of another episode that hints their "season 1 talents" unless you count episodes where scootaloo uses her scooter. Their season 5 talents were vastly superior ideas, as they both incorporated every cutie mark related episode in the past and gave the CMC more room to develop, instead of the dead end idea of the "obvious" talents.
>>
>>30851706
>So much of it is filler that is irrelevant to the plot and its not even interesting filler.
Yes but it is cute filler, and the music is noice
>>
>>30851761
It's the same type of filler we saw in call of the cutie, but at least then it was interesting. Its made even worse considering that the CMC should have learned after call of the cutie that blindly looking for cutie marks doesn't really work that well. This is partially what made their characters bad in the early seasons. A lesson they would finally learn in season 6 (granted, seasons 3-5 really didn't have them do the dumb crusades, but they didn't exactly explicitly realize that they were dumb until season 6).
>>
File: image.png (259KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
259KB, 500x381px
>>30849020
Why do people hate this episode so much? I always thought it was cute watching three silly little girls fumble about. I thought the song was good, too. Cute ponies doing silly things is a fun time, isn't it?
>>
>>30851812
The song was good, but everything up to that point was filler. It also made the CMC out to be idiots by being completely oblivious to their skills. It would have been interesting if season 1 was planning around the season 5 talents and made it so despite realizing how good they were at their respective talents, they still didn't get their marks.
>>
>people still thinking character development is vital in a 20 minute children's show (with a children's show pace) with several tens of characters
please watch something sophisticated so you can stop missing the point.
>>
>>30851945
>thinking children's shows shouldnt have any depth
Why not watch Care Bears if you want something mindless and cute? MLP is good because it cares about its characters and making them grow.
>>
>>30849020
Only thing I didn't like about it was that Scootaloo being a bad singer persisted for the next couple seasons after that episode. I'm glad they dropped that.
>>
>>30852262
They really dropped a lot of the failed idea from season 1 regarding the CMC.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.