[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasn't he in the S6 finale? Will he ever be a wizard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 13

File: sunburst_by_sabersam-dbg1yum.png (242KB, 600x947px) Image search: [Google]
sunburst_by_sabersam-dbg1yum.png
242KB, 600x947px
Why wasn't he in the S6 finale?
Will he ever be a wizard?
It's inferred he was in Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, right?
Is he related in anyway to Sunset Shimmer?
>>
File: 1503571901091.png (103KB, 359x343px) Image search: [Google]
1503571901091.png
103KB, 359x343px
>>30848754
how should i know?
>>
File: masturboop.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
masturboop.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>30848754
>Shimmerniggers are so desperate for their OC to be canon that they latch on to a literal who that will never appear again
>>
They've been using Sunburst as the narrator in Legends of Magic.
And that's allegedly going to tie-in with the S7 finale. So there's a glimmer (no-pun intended) of hope that'll he'll get some kind of development between all that.
>>
>>30848754
There's actually a good chance that they are related. Not just the fact that they are both unicorns, both good at magic and both have sun names and cutie marks, but they are the only 2 ponies to have that warm color scheme. They have some intense similarities.
>>
File: MLP_LoM07-coverA copy.jpg (498KB, 1054x1600px) Image search: [Google]
MLP_LoM07-coverA copy.jpg
498KB, 1054x1600px
>>30848905
Legends of Magic issue #7 revealed the Sirens on the cover. Since these are stories that Starswirl wrote it'll likely be about how he banished the Sirens to the human world.

But if there was ever a time to connect Sunburst and Sunset, this would be it.
>>
>>30848993
Didn't they already tell that story in Fiendship?
>>
>>30848754
>>30848761

It just occurred to me that Starlight's two best friends wear wizard capes but suck at magic. Coincidence or does Glimmy just have a type?
>>
>>30849104
yeah but it was shit
>>
>>30848754
Laziness
No, just a magic scholar
It's stated
probably

inb4 he has some connection to shadowlock too
>>
>>30848754
He's a guy he doesn't know shit about magic only women are a superior gender in this shit hole.
>>
>>30849104
I'm not sure if it's canon or getting reconned.. Legends of Magic #1 shows Starswirl tutoring Celestia and Luna while they were young and the Castle of the two sisters was being built, and another story that included Mistmane.

But the Fiendship issue you're talking about takes place in a Roman-esque Canterlot. Although Celestia's is mentioned by name here too. It's confusing because it shows the sirens in modern-era EG hoodies.

From the descriptions I've read, all these Legendary heros are going to meet somehow.
So possibly:
A)They all exist within the same time period.
B)Starswirl uses Time Magic.
C)Shadowlock will bring them to life.
>>
File: thumb.gif (3MB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.gif
3MB, 250x140px
After that cocktease season 7 promo, they better do something big and grand that includes Sunburst.
>>
>>30848754
I only recall his appearance in the season 6 premier and that episode made it pretty clear that he understood the theories of magic but was shit at actually casting spells.
In a lot of shows this would be useful but Twilight went to the same school and had private lesson from Celestia so Twilight is straight up better qualified to do his job. Zecora and the Princesses are better choices for obscure shit that Twilight wouldn't know, so from a practicality standpoint he's fucked.

He's also acting as an adviser type thing in the Crystal Empire so they've either got to justify bringing him in for an episode or set the episode in a far away place. He's a social recluse that seems to dedicate most of his time to reading magic theory so... yeah, they don't have much reason to bring him in outside of knowing Starlight.
>>
It's hard to say what Celestia meant when she called Sunburst a former student. Possible that he just went to her magic school.

He's got to have some kind of magical aptitude. Twilight's entrance exam alone involved hatching Spike.
In the comics, Sunset Shimmer did a growth spell on a vine for her mid-term.
Maybe he flunked out?
According to Twilight, if you don't pass a test you get sent back a grade.
>>
>>30849935
>Sunburst in magic kindergarten with all of the little fillies and colts laughing at him for not being able to pass
>>
>>30848754
>Why wasn't he in the S6 finale?
In the S6 finale, Thorax said Sunburst sent him to get help. After Cadence, Shining Armor and the baby were captured by changelings, maybe he was the only one left to protect the Empire. There's a theory that Sunburst is a changeling collaborator.

>Will he ever be a wizard?
Yes. I think he'll be the modern day Starswirl who will tutor Flurry Heart the same way Starswirl did with Celestia and Luna. Its stated that Sunburst's magical knowledge is only matched by Starlight's magical abilities. This means he's the best candidate to be a modern day writer of spells.

He doesn't need to be a powerful caster to be a wizard. He just needs to write new spells. Someone had to put those spells in the library and Twilight or even Starlight aren't shown to be writing spells of their own. They learn them from reading scrolls or books.

>It's inferred he was in Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, right?
Celestia literally called him her old student so yes.

>Is he related in anyway to Sunset Shimmer?
No one knows this. And we will never know the answer. Ever.
>>
File: pregnant.jpg (453KB, 2732x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pregnant.jpg
453KB, 2732x2048px
>>30848754
No one knows much about him. Like Glimmer, he seems to have a back story riddled with holes.

The only thing he will be is the stallion that impregnates Starlight to create the superior unicorn breed with both magical ability and knowledge.
>>
File: trixburst.png (121KB, 697x600px) Image search: [Google]
trixburst.png
121KB, 697x600px
>>30849140
Its because Trixie is Sunburst's future magic student. Sunburst has the knowledge about magic but lacks the confidence or skill to practice it. Trixie has no magical knowledge but is over confident and appears to have magical potential since she quickly learned how to cast transmutation and teleportation.

Fuck Starlight. The sun and the moon belong together.
>>
>>30848754
He's irrelevant.
>>
File: 1517335.jpg (153KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
1517335.jpg
153KB, 1067x800px
>>30848993
Sorry sweetie that's an alt cover
>>
>>30851129
what's your point?
>>
>>30851170
Your dead characters ain't ever coming back
LMAO
>>
>>30848754
Mostly useless and has little to offer
No, just an Arcaneologist/Foal-sitter
Yes, but he was a dropout since he had the theoretical down but not the application.
Maybe.
>>
File: sunburst goes outside.png (342KB, 639x233px) Image search: [Google]
sunburst goes outside.png
342KB, 639x233px
>>30848754
He's doing great in Legends of Magic; hopefully he gets more appearances in the show.
>>
>>30852109
Hopefully Shadow Play does have something to do with LoM. In which case I am expecting the only pony researching the real story of the LoM to appear and play a significant role.
>>
>>30848754
At some point Starlight Glimmer will send Sunburst back in time. You see, Sunburst is actually Starswirl the Bearded.

We're just seeing him as a rather dorky young stallion rather than the wise old wizard he will some day become.
>>
>>30850033
>a backstory riddled with holes
I think you meant to say he has an open-ended backstory. As far as I remember, all we know know about him is that he excelled in magic as a child, didn't live up to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns' standards, and went off to study magical history independently in the Crystal Empire.
I'd love to see him get some screentime as Flurry Heart's mentor, but at the same time I don't want to see more of Flurry Heart.
>>
File: shining armor sunburst.png (268KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shining armor sunburst.png
268KB, 1280x1080px
>>
>>30853041
My two favorites. Cute.
>>
>>30849430
That pissed me off so much.
>>
Shadowlock was erasing books. But Celestia shows Sunburst a locked study that belonged to Starswirl. It's kinda obvious where they were going with this.

But I doubt they'll be able to convey all the context from the comics into the season finale.
I'm starting to think the tie-in will be much subtler. Like, they'll simply use that shadow realm that Luna's portal connected to in Legend of Magic #1.
>>
>>30848754
We'll be seeing more of him, don't you worry ;)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.